Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: TV: Breaking Bad

Wed November 07, 2018 10:35 pm

The Argonaut wrote:Not sure how I feel about that. I like to think of Jesse as leading a quiet, melancholy, long life. He makes close connections with a few beloved people and holds them close until his death as an old man. He carves lot of wooden boxes. There isn't a movie there. A movie would require that Jesse goes through more bullshit and I don't want to have to see that. His story already breaks my heart.

that's it, Argo. Think about what a sequel might be for about four seconds, and write it off as stupid. Since a good idea is not immediately apparent to you (and who the eff are you?) a good idea obviously does not exist.

Wed November 07, 2018 10:50 pm

theplatypus wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:Not sure how I feel about that. I like to think of Jesse as leading a quiet, melancholy, long life. He makes close connections with a few beloved people and holds them close until his death as an old man. He carves lot of wooden boxes. There isn't a movie there. A movie would require that Jesse goes through more bullshit and I don't want to have to see that. His story already breaks my heart.

that's it, Argo. Think about what a sequel might be for about four seconds, and write it off as stupid. Since a good idea is not immediately apparent to you (and who the eff are you?) a good idea obviously does not exist.

That's some great threading right there!

Wed November 07, 2018 11:26 pm

I have my questions, but if Gilligan is writing, I think he's earn the benefit of the doubt.

Thu November 08, 2018 1:54 am

theplatypus wrote:

That was amazing. Holy shit

Thu November 08, 2018 1:55 am

But my objection is an emotional one, from my deep well of love for Jesse. He deserves peace at this point

Thu November 08, 2018 4:41 pm

The Argonaut wrote:But my objection is an emotional one, from my deep well of love for Jesse. He deserves peace at this point

Good people never find peace in real life

Thu November 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Going Good: The Jesse Pinkman Story

Thu November 08, 2018 9:57 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:update:

Exclusive: The ‘Breaking Bad’ Movie Will Be a Sequel Following Jesse After the Series Finale, Aaron Paul to Return
https://www.slashfilm.com/breaking-bad- ... e-pinkman/

That's marginally less gross.

Thu November 08, 2018 9:59 pm

Mecca wrote:Going Good: The Jesse Pinkman Story

AL

Thu November 08, 2018 10:48 pm

Mecca wrote:Going Good: The Jesse Pinkman Story

That's what I'm saying! There shouldn't be a movie, because any movie about Jesse now should be really boring. And movies are never boring. Why don't you understand me?

Thu November 08, 2018 11:05 pm

I thought the notion of Better Call Saul was stupid and it's infinitely better than Breaking Bad. I have faith.

Thu November 08, 2018 11:58 pm

I don't think it's stupid. It will be good and I will like it. But it makes me sad all the same. Anything post-BB that raises Jesse's pulse above 100 bpm makes me sad.

Fri November 09, 2018 2:25 am

Team Argo here.

Fri November 09, 2018 2:56 am

Finally, someone with a heart. Good job, strat

Fri November 09, 2018 3:01 am

SERIOUSLY! When Jesse was finally let loose and took off i felt this massive sigh of relief. This sadness and anger towards everything he's been through...It all jsut melted away. It was perfect.

He's done. There is no more story. Nothing else he needs to go through.

Fri November 09, 2018 3:04 am

We will see. Jesse has just escaped being a meth slave for nazis. He is a broke and deeply traumatized man who is also wanted by the police. He has nothing and nobody left. Where does he go? What does he do? I think there is potentially a very interesting story to be told there. I had to edit this post twice to remove inexplicable typos such as "wast" instead of "what".
Last edited by Jorge on Fri November 09, 2018 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri November 09, 2018 3:05 am

I do think Breaking Bad was the best show. With the success of Better Call Saul....I definitely have trust in the writers to make something fantastic.

I'll just have to be sold on it before getting excited about it.

Fri November 09, 2018 3:08 am

he'll be on dancing with the stars soon

Fri November 09, 2018 2:30 pm

It's really too bad that they pooched The Dark Tower adaptation. He would have been the perfect Eddie Dean.

Fri November 09, 2018 3:29 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:It's really too bad that they pooched The Dark Tower adaptation. He would have been the perfect Eddie Dean.

God damn! That’s perfect!
Post a reply