The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 87  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Breaking Bad
PostPosted: Mon February 03, 2014 7:39 pm 
Rank This Poster

Monkey_Driven wrote:
verb_to_trust wrote:
I talked to several people at a Super Bowl Party tonight that said the fly episode in season three was 'pointless' and 'bad'. What is wrong with people?

These people probably think the Super Bowl is worth partying

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2014 1:29 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

did they check Walt's pulse in the show at all? how do we know he wasn't already dead teh whole time ?? :o

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2014 1:42 am 
Troglodyte
 WWW  Profile

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Rangi Guy wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
This picture?
Mecca wrote:

I love how alive he looks.

It's really up to interpretation.

Did they check a pulse to make sure he was actually dead?

Nope, so we'll never know.

Meh. I'm unimpressed.

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2014 1:48 am 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

The last scene really should have been with Walt, Jr eating a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios at his breakfast table, alone.

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2014 1:52 am 
Mind Your Tanners

EJ wrote:
The last scene really should have been with Walt, Jr eating a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios at his breakfast table, alone.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2014 8:42 am 
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Rangi Guy wrote:
EJ wrote:

:thumbsup:

while checking his own pulse.

PostPosted: Wed February 05, 2014 9:09 am 
slower than 82% of US

the Walt Jr./Breakfast thing is pretty ridiculous

PostPosted: Mon February 10, 2014 1:15 am 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Wed February 26, 2014 7:08 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Finished it! The last half of season 5 was great! That is all. Go back to what you were doing.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Wed February 26, 2014 8:45 pm 
Broken Tamborine

http://gawker.com/meth-cook-busted-wear ... 1531646479

Two free bits of advice: 1) Don't make meth. 2) If you do, for whatever dumb reason, decide to make meth, don't do it while wearing a t-shirt inspired by Breaking Bad.

Young Daniel Kowalski of LaGrange, Illinois learned both lessons too late, unfortunately.

On Monday, police raided Kowalksi's home after receiving a tip that he was using it to make meth. Inside the house, they found glass beakers, meth-making chemicals and instructions, burners, and 12 jars of psychedelic mushrooms.

Police arrested Kowalski and charged him with two counts of possession of a controlled substance, possession of methamphetamine manufacturing materials, and possession of materials needed to produce methamphetamine. All the charges are felonies, according to the Chicago Tribune.

And, as you can see in the photo above, at the time of his arrest Kowalski was wearing a t-shirt from "Los Pollos Hermanos," the fictional chicken restaurant owned by Breaking Bad character Gus Fring.

Somewhat unsurprisingly, this isn't Kowalski's first meth-related arrest; this past July, he was put on electronic monitoring after police found a suspected meth lab in home.

PostPosted: Wed March 12, 2014 7:26 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Re-watched the second-to-last episode last night. This little joke made me laugh.

PostPosted: Wed March 12, 2014 12:56 pm 
The Master

cranston is so good in this...love anthony hopkins' letter to him

PostPosted: Tue April 29, 2014 4:49 am 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:34 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

I haven't watched the whole series, so I don't want to go through this thread finding the spoilers but I have a query. Is Skyler supposed to be a sympathetic character? I cannot find much sympathy for her. I suppose her actions are reasonable to some degree, but overall she seems spiteful towards Walt and moreover, she (at least early on) has no endgame in mind. I get her resentment, but she seems to give no credit to the underlying motivation of Walt. I appreciate that meth cooking can be dangerous, but I don't know why its inherently immoral. Her (apparent) knee jerk emotional moral condemnation seems to be a significant motivation for her behavior, and while I can appreciate a pragmatic response regarding towards the risk involved, that does not appear to be the lead factor.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 12:50 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

simple schoolboy wrote:
I haven't watched the whole series, so I don't want to go through this thread finding the spoilers but I have a query. Is Skyler supposed to be a sympathetic character? I cannot find much sympathy for her. I suppose her actions are reasonable to some degree, but overall she seems spiteful towards Walt and moreover, she (at least early on) has no endgame in mind. I get her resentment, but she seems to give no credit to the underlying motivation of Walt. I appreciate that meth cooking can be dangerous, but I don't know why its inherently immoral. Her (apparent) knee jerk emotional moral condemnation seems to be a significant motivation for her behavior, and while I can appreciate a pragmatic response regarding towards the risk involved, that does not appear to be the lead factor.

If it helps, my take was...I didn't mind her, then hated her, then started to kinda like her again.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:15 pm 
RM Elitist

simple schoolboy wrote:

If you don't like Skyler, you hate women. The internet has proven it.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:50 pm 
A Return To Form

She f'd Ted, and forgot about it.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:12 pm 
slower than 82% of US

she was just a poorly written character for 50% of the show

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:18 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I tend to agree. Yeah, she works against the interests of our protagonist so it's natural to have a kind of visceral reaction against her, but I feel like she was poorly handled by the writers who didn't quite know what to do with her. I really liked her in seasons 4 and (most of) 5, though.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 10:31 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I felt the opposite. She was a great character (I don't think she was meant to be that likable) until the last couple of seasons, when she essentially just became a broken woman. It seemed like she was barely on the show near the end.

In the middle of the show when she was conflicted about helping Walter (and even enjoying it) or doing the right thing, she was at her most interesting. Then she just snapped and faded into the background. That was it for her.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 87  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment