The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: TV: Homeland
PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 6:55 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

turned2black wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
I was really disappointed by this one. I finished the first season and it was fine, but I don't really care whether or not I keep watching. There were a few too many silly moments, and I really don't like the Claire Danes character. She's pretty annoying to me. In fact, by the end of the first season, the only character I was still actually interested in was Saul. I definitely don't get what everyone sees in this show. It is of a decidedly Showtime quality (good enough but lacking that important spark of something that gives a show real life and elevates it above typical television fare. I'm thinking here of Weeds, Dexter, and U.S. of Tara. Really only HBO and AMC have been able to do it with any consistency.)

Carrie annoys me as well, but that is why I am so drawn to the character. You want her to pull her shit together and use that big, screwed-up brain to become the whip-smart agent she really wants to be. But she is highly flawed and you can see the mental eggshells she walks on in every scene.
It's a brilliant character and Claire Danes plays it so well, I think she may actually suffer from some kind of mental illness herself. It's mesmerizing.

:haha:

Crazy Eyes..please let me be free again.

It's best you don't fight it, bro. They always end up winning.

Best Crazy Eyes scene from season 1 ?

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 7:18 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:
I was really disappointed by this one. I finished the first season and it was fine, but I don't really care whether or not I keep watching. There were a few too many silly moments, and I really don't like the Claire Danes character. She's pretty annoying to me. In fact, by the end of the first season, the only character I was still actually interested in was Saul. I definitely don't get what everyone sees in this show. It is of a decidedly Showtime quality (good enough but lacking that important spark of something that gives a show real life and elevates it above typical television fare. I'm thinking here of Weeds, Dexter, and U.S. of Tara. Really only HBO and AMC have been able to do it with any consistency.)

Carrie annoys me as well, but that is why I am so drawn to the character. You want her to pull her shit together and use that big, screwed-up brain to become the whip-smart agent she really wants to be. But she is highly flawed and you can see the mental eggshells she walks on in every scene.
It's a brilliant character and Claire Danes plays it so well, I think she may actually suffer from some kind of mental illness herself. It's mesmerizing.

When Saul finds her freaking out at the hospital. Or when Estes and the other agents confront her in her apartment.
Edit: Well, those are the more dramatic ones. But really she does the weird eyes thing a lot and some of the best ones are really more subtle.

Last edited by nyquillyn on Wed March 27, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 7:21 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

turned2black wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

When Saul finds her freaking out at the hospital. Or when Estes and the other agents confront her in her apartment.

i was thinking about the apartment scene...that was great.

Season 2?

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 7:38 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

Season 2?

Spoiler: show
The scene where she calls Brody out and they arrest him in the hotel comes to mind.
The scene with Brody after the bomb goes off.
And obviously all the stuff when she is kidnapped.

But the interrogation scenes with her and Brody are so amazing. She'll win another Emmy for those scenes alone.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 7:43 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

turned2black wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

Season 2?

The scene where she calls Brody out and they arrest him in the hotel comes to mind.

But the interrogation scenes with her and Brody are so amazing. She'll win another Emmy for those scenes alone.

Shit yeah...i forgot about that one. IM UNDER THE SPELL RIGHT NOW.

PostPosted: Wed March 27, 2013 7:57 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
turned2black wrote:
The Argonaut wrote:

Season 2?

Shit yeah...i forgot about that one. IM UNDER THE SPELL RIGHT NOW.

PostPosted: Thu March 28, 2013 12:39 am 
Future Drummer

My DVR says new episode this weekend. Is that true? I thought this was a fall show.

PostPosted: Thu March 28, 2013 1:47 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

broken iris wrote:
My DVR says new episode this weekend. Is that true? I thought this was a fall show.

Lies!
It comes back on September 29.

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 1:38 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

so i made it through season 2, episode 5 (Q&A) - actually only half way though the episode when carrie is interrogating brody.
the free trial via xfinity is over, and i am not paying for showtime.

so did brody slime his way out of that interrogation?

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 7:10 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

BDB wrote:
so i made it through season 2, episode 5 (Q&A) - actually only half way though the episode when carrie is interrogating brody.

You need to watch that scene. Is incredible.

PostPosted: Wed April 03, 2013 1:12 am 

why the fuck is this not on netflix?

PostPosted: Wed April 03, 2013 1:45 am 
A Return To Form

VinylGuy wrote:
BDB wrote:

You need to watch that scene. Is incredible.

Possibly the best scene of the series.

PostPosted: Wed April 03, 2013 5:02 pm 
TIER 1 Essential Critical Infrastructure Worker

I thought that episode 5 was the peak of the second season. Not that the back half didn't have it's moments but those first five were fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed April 10, 2013 3:25 pm 

seriously, why is this not on netflix?

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 2:05 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Tue September 03, 2013 3:01 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

ill be watching this tonight...yeahhh crazy eyes is back!!! ready to fall in love with her again.

PostPosted: Wed September 04, 2013 7:24 am 
Future Drummer

VinylGuy wrote:
ill be watching this tonight...yeahhh crazy eyes is back!!! ready to fall in love with her again.

Carrie. :luv:

I heard the leak is missing effects. Tell me how bad it is when you watched it. :peace:

PostPosted: Wed September 04, 2013 3:54 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Mike wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

I heard the leak is missing effects. Tell me how bad it is when you watched it. :peace:

Not bad at all....yeah its the missing VXF shots...its ok, its very watchable and a really good first chapter.
And Claire Danes steals the show.

PostPosted: Wed September 04, 2013 4:01 pm 
Future Drummer

VinylGuy wrote:
Mike wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Not bad at all....yeah its the missing VXF shots...its ok, its very watchable and a really good first chapter.

I guess the VFX are meant to make her look attractive. A sandwich or two would also help.

PostPosted: Wed September 04, 2013 4:02 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

VinylGuy wrote:
Mike wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Thanks for the report! I'll be watching tonight.

I missed you, Crazy Eyes. I'm ready to be under your spell again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment