The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381 ... 495  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 9:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 10110
Location: An office full of assholes
i really hope that we don't see a battle with the white walkers on a traditional battlefield with humans and the white walkers and their armies on separate sides to decide things. but it looks like it may be building up to that, with the shot of jorah at the end. it would seem too orthodox.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 71970
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Simple Torture wrote:
All the Starks' bones are down there (sans Robb and Catelyn).

The lack of Others is also interesting. Everyone is expecting a big battle between WW, wights, and an undead dragon vs. humans and their two dragons (and Ghost, maybe). In a show known for swerves, it'd be one of the biggest swerves of all if that battle did not take place as expected. There are shots of the Unsullied arriving at and leaving Winterfell, and there are no shots of Dany or her dragons at the presumed Winterfell battle--are they someplace else? What if those dead-horse feet aren't an approaching army, but an emissary from the Others? (Think: Mouth of Sauron.) Maybe they're going to try and convince them to join the dead instead of opposing them? I'd be down for that.

I've thought for a long, long time that the White Walker battle won't be the "big battle" of the final season. My wife thinks I'm nuts, and maybe I am, but I think the White Walker battle will be early. They'll be destroyed and the "Final Battle" will between whomever lives and Kings Landing.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 54515
Chris_H_2 wrote:
i really hope that we don't see a battle with the white walkers on a traditional battlefield with humans and the white walkers and their armies on separate sides to decide things. but it looks like it may be building up to that, with the shot of jorah at the end. it would seem too orthodox.

maybe that is what Arya was running from in the castle, though. That could be cool, some close combat with them.

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 9:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 71970
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
i really hope that we don't see a battle with the white walkers on a traditional battlefield with humans and the white walkers and their armies on separate sides to decide things. but it looks like it may be building up to that, with the shot of jorah at the end. it would seem too orthodox.

maybe that is what Arya was running from in the castle, though. That could be cool, some close combat with them.

But Arya's a badass. And she knows what to expect. And she's got Dragon Glass. Would the White Walkers really scare her that much? Or is it that she thought she could handle it but when she sees it up close, for real, it's too much?

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS THIS TO START!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 10:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11759
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Is Gendry in that trailer ? I think I saw him

Literally everyone is shown, yes, except the Greyjoys.

I'm not sure what that means.


I thought there was a shot of Euron's fleet?

Image

are we sure that's not jaime lannister?

*edit: i need to read the rest of the thread before commenting.


Image

I doubt it is Jaime with the sword being on his left side. Usually you draw your sword opposite from you sword hand. After his hand cutting he wears it on his right hip


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11759
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Mecca wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Anders wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Anders wrote:
Which means very little in Westeros.

Wrong. Rules of legitimacy matter in this society.

As the war for the iron throne shows.

Even after the rebellion it was Robert who became king because the Baratheons are distant cousins of the Targaryens.

Orys Baratheon was Aegon the Conqueror’s bastard brother. Even with Robert’s claim being “backed-up” by a Targaryen grandmother, they still have the blood of the dragon in them.

I've been waiting for you.

Go on; do your duty


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 71970
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Mecca wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Is Gendry in that trailer ? I think I saw him

Literally everyone is shown, yes, except the Greyjoys.

I'm not sure what that means.


I thought there was a shot of Euron's fleet?

Image

are we sure that's not jaime lannister?

*edit: i need to read the rest of the thread before commenting.


Image

I doubt it is Jaime with the sword being on his left side. Usually you draw your sword opposite from you sword hand. After his hand cutting he wears it on his right hip

And the armor. I'm pretty sure that's the leader of the Golden Company, not Jamie.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 10:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 53607
Location: Sector 7-G
durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Is Gendry in that trailer ? I think I saw him

Literally everyone is shown, yes, except the Greyjoys.

I'm not sure what that means.


I thought there was a shot of Euron's fleet?

Image

are we sure that's not jaime lannister?

*edit: i need to read the rest of the thread before commenting.


Image

I doubt it is Jaime with the sword being on his left side. Usually you draw your sword opposite from you sword hand. After his hand cutting he wears it on his right hip

And the armor. I'm pretty sure that's the leader of the Golden Company, not Jamie.

Behind the gold the bitter steel.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 10:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11759
durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Chris_H_2 wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Is Gendry in that trailer ? I think I saw him

Literally everyone is shown, yes, except the Greyjoys.

I'm not sure what that means.


I thought there was a shot of Euron's fleet?

Image

are we sure that's not jaime lannister?

*edit: i need to read the rest of the thread before commenting.


Image

I doubt it is Jaime with the sword being on his left side. Usually you draw your sword opposite from you sword hand. After his hand cutting he wears it on his right hip

And the armor. I'm pretty sure that's the leader of the Golden Company, not Jamie.

Hair isn’t red/blue/grey enough to be Jon Connington and not silver enough to be Young Griff. Nor portly and balding enough to be Harry Strickland


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 10:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 71970
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Then who is it, Mecca?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 53607
Location: Sector 7-G
Rolly Duckfield


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 11:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11759
durdencommatyler wrote:
Then who is it, Mecca?

Miles Toyne


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 11:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 10110
Location: An office full of assholes
it's arya as jaime lannister after she's killed him


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:04 pm
Posts: 53607
Location: Sector 7-G
wrong thread bro


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Fri July 12, 2013 9:11 pm
Posts: 8580
Location: Oslo, Norway
«German actor Marc Rissmann will play Harry Strickland, also known as Homeless Harry Strickland, a commander in the Golden Company.»


Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 11:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 38255
Location: Mountains
wtf yo


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11759
Anders wrote:
«German actor Marc Rissmann will play Harry Strickland, also known as Homeless Harry Strickland, a commander in the Golden Company.»


Image

He’s not old, fat, nor balding. This young-washing is bullshit


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 11:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 71970
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Nope, sorry Anders. You are wrong. Mecca already said he's not bald enough. So, it's not him. Try again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Wed March 06, 2019 11:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:20 am
Posts: 3172
I haven't read the last few pages but love that trailer!!!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 12:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 71970
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Goddamnit, also Melissandre. She's not there either. Which, makes sense... but also, she has that line to Arya about seeing her again. SO..... what's up with that?


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380, 381 ... 495  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Fri May 24, 2019 11:23 am