The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305 ... 505  Next
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 5:19 pm 
The worst

I could see him taking it to rally the remaining forces of Westeros. It would not shock me to see something like Cersei killing Dany and being victorious, Jamie killing Cersei, and Jon taking the throne after the white walkers overrun the north.

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 5:21 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I've always preferred Tyrion killing Cersei. But now that Jamie has been spared and survives against all odds to live and fight another day, I have to assume they have something epic in mind for him. So, yeah, he'll probably be the one who ends up killing Cersei. Whatever.

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 5:21 pm 
AnalLog

lowlight79 wrote:
Wasn't some cast as Rhaegar for a flash back last year initially, but then again for this year and was cut?

Yeah it was Devin Oliver who was supposedly going to play Rhaegar.

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 5:22 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

It's the song of ice and fire, and in the show that will probably be a saga written by Sam. It might very well be that he is writing the saga about Jon Snow. Jon is ice and fire.

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 5:24 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

durdencommatyler wrote:
I've always preferred Tyrion killing Cersei. But now that Jamie has been spared and survives against all odds to live and fight another day, I have to assume they have something epic in mind for him. So, yeah, he'll probably be the one who ends up killing Cersei. Whatever.

That will be the surprise for her. She knows the prophecy, but believes it's about Tyrion.

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 5:29 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

That will be the surprise for her. She knows the prophecy, but believes it's about Tyrion.

Prophecy, shmophecy.

Here are the people who should get to kill Cercei: 1) Tyrio, 2) Sansa, 3) Arya, 4) Ellaria, 5) Dany

Then, fine, okay let Jaime do it.

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 5:41 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Prophecy, shmophecy.

Here are the people who should get to kill Cercei: 1) Tyrio, 2) Sansa, 3) Arya, 4) Ellaria, 5) Dany

Actually, what I like least in fantasy and sci-fi are things like time travel and prophecies. But the prophecy Cersei got, has all become true. Only thing remaining is her death I think.

Jamie is an amazing character, especially in the books.

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 5:45 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I agree about Jamie. He's a great character. Again, I'm not saying the prophecy won't come true. I'm just saying that I don't care. I'm saying regardless of the prophecy, those are the people that I'd like to see kill Cersei. Though, it'll probably be kind of a let down when it happens. Like Joffrey's death.

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 7:22 pm 
The worst

durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Prophecy, shmophecy.

Tyrion is a bit too obvious. That wouldn't be satisfying. And Ellaria is just as horrible as she is!

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 7:30 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

stip wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Prophecy, shmophecy.

Tyrion is a bit too obvious. That wouldn't be satisfying. And Ellaria is just as horrible as she is!

Here is the prophecy:

Spoiler: show
Cersei: When will I wed the prince?
Maggy: Never. You will wed the king.
Cersei: I will be queen, though?
Maggy: Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

In her youth, Cersei Lannister received a prophecy from Maggy the frog that she would die at the hands of the "valonqar", which is the word for "little brother" in High Valyrian. No one person has been confirmed to fill this role.

This could also be little sister. But unless the Mad King is the father of Jamie and Cersei, she has no sister.

There has been some speculation that Jamie and Cersei are siblings of Daenarys.

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 7:55 pm 
Production Police

Anders wrote:
stip wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Prophecy, shmophecy.

Here is the prophecy:

Cersei: When will I wed the prince?
Maggy: Never. You will wed the king.
Cersei: I will be queen, though?
Maggy: Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

In her youth, Cersei Lannister received a prophecy from Maggy the frog that she would die at the hands of the "valonqar", which is the word for "little brother" in High Valyrian. No one person has been confirmed to fill this role.

This could also be little sister. But unless the Mad King is the father of Jamie and Cersei, she has no sister.

There has been some speculation that Jamie and Cersei are siblings of Daenarys.

Could Jaime effectively choke her with one hand?

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 8:05 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I agree with whoever said prophecies are lame, and there is way too much of that stuff going on.

Ellaria might kill the Mountain somehow? Unless they've completely given up on Dorne. In which case, she's doomed.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 8:16 pm 
Poster of the Year

the prophecies are cool for their psychological implications and what they drive the characters to do

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 8:28 pm 
The worst

who will bring balance to Westeros?

He/Him/His

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 8:35 pm 
AnalLog

BurtReynolds wrote:
I agree with whoever said prophecies are lame, and there is way too much of that stuff going on.

Ellaria might kill the Mountain somehow? Unless they've completely given up on Dorne. In which case, she's doomed.

Indira Varma has mentioned in numerous interviews that the dungeon scene was her last one and the writers have told her she's considered dead

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 9:18 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

George R. R. Martin has previously stated that Dorne is roughly equal in military strength to the north and Vale. How then can Dorne be completely gone in the tv series just because they killed a few characters. Dorne has been completely mishandled in the show. Best tv show in history, with very few mistakes. But Dorne has been boring and misused.

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 9:18 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

kreng wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Indira Varma has mentioned in numerous interviews that the dungeon scene was her last one and the writers have told her she's considered dead
welp

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 9:19 pm 
Poster of the Year

Dorne has been an abomination. The Iron Islands too, really.

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 9:22 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Dorne has been an abomination. The Iron Islands too, really.

The Iron Islands could have been so much better as well. Agreed.

PostPosted: Tue August 08, 2017 9:24 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

stip wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Anders wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Prophecy, shmophecy.

You're telling me that you would get satisfaction as a viewer watching Tyrion take out Cersei? That would be boring for you?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304, 305 ... 505  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment