The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 505  Next
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 1:56 am 
Rank This Poster

what happened to Harrenhall after Arya left? i dont remember that part of the book

one thing guys: MARGAERY

holy shit

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 2:07 am 
Broken Tamborine

I've never been so happy to be left thinking each episode is too short. :hooray:

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 4:58 am 
slower than 82% of US

I know its kinda hard to hide who a person is with long hair and a long beard, but the reveal of Whitebeard as Ser Barristan in the books was a great moment.

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 11:09 am 
Rank This Poster

Mecca wrote:
I know its kinda hard to hide who a person is with long hair and a long beard, but the reveal of Whitebeard as Ser Barristan in the books was a great moment.

yes

they changed the davos bit also

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 11:40 am 
Broken Tamborine

Lots of changes but mostly ones i can live with.

The Harranhal thing is a total redo because in the books it was never Tywin at Harranhal it was Roose Bolton holding it. So i was a little confused too. I'm assuming there was a fight between Gregor Clegane and perhaps Northern troops that were not with Rob and Rob swooped in after the battle to fidn it was a massacre but i guess Gregor abandaned Harranhal? I'm a little shakey on this, but I assume Rob now will leave Roose at Harranhal and go North to Riverrun and the story will connect with the book again.

I hate they could not hold off on Barriston, but it was just not possible. No Strong Belwas yet.. i hope we get him soon.

The giant and dragons look great. I loved meeting Tormund and Mance. The dialogue between Tyrion and Cersie and Tyrion and Tywin were fantastic.

Natalie Dormer...... :luv:

Only Nerd Rage Moment- Why the fuck is ghost not with Jon?

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 12:43 pm 
Future Drummer

intodeep wrote:
but I assume Rob now will leave Roose at Harranhal and go North to Riverrun and the story will connect with the book again.

The character has no real identity in the show yet, so a scene establishing him as the Rob's designated guardian of Harrenhel would work well.

intodeep wrote:

Yup.

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 2:01 pm 
The Master

Very strong episode out of the gate. I didn't mind the changes from the book as much. I'm really glad they kept the introduction scene between Mance and Jon identical to the book.

PostPosted: Mon April 01, 2013 9:18 pm 
slower than 82% of US

intodeep wrote:
Lots of changes but mostly ones i can live with.

The Harranhal thing is a total redo because in the books it was never Tywin at Harranhal it was Roose Bolton holding it. So i was a little confused too. I'm assuming there was a fight between Gregor Clegane and perhaps Northern troops that were not with Rob and Rob swooped in after the battle to fidn it was a massacre but i guess Gregor abandaned Harranhal? I'm a little shakey on this, but I assume Rob now will leave Roose at Harranhal and go North to Riverrun and the story will connect with the book again.

I hate they could not hold off on Barriston, but it was just not possible. No Strong Belwas yet.. i hope we get him soon.

The giant and dragons look great. I loved meeting Tormund and Mance. The dialogue between Tyrion and Cersie and Tyrion and Tywin were fantastic.

Only Nerd Rage Moment- Why the fuck is ghost not with Jon?

Ghost disappears from Jon in the book as well.

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 2:59 am 
Rank This Poster

just saw the title for all the season 3 episodes

#9 is where the money is, like the 2 previous seasons

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 11:48 am 
Broken Tamborine

Mecca wrote:
intodeep wrote:
fidn it was a Only Nerd Rage Moment- Why the fuck is ghost not with Jon?

Ghost disappears from Jon in the book as well.

You are right i had forgotten that in the books he does leave, but the difference is Jon tells him to leave.

Spoiler: show
In the books Jon is with him the entire time he is meeting the wildings and it is not until he needs to climb the wall with them which ghost can not do that jon tells him he must leave.

Taken from the Jon 3 chapeter (tower of hand recap)
Jon goes to speak with Ghost. He tells the direwolf that he is going over the Wall tomorrow and that Ghost cannot come with him. Jon tells him to make for Castle Black and hopes the arrival will serve as a warning.

he does leave for long periods on other occasions but it is typically because he is out hunting and comes back to jon.

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 6:05 pm 
RM Elitist

I am glad I am watching this unburdened by the knowledge of the books. I can just enjoy it for what it is without knowing what's missing. When it's all over I'll go back and read them,

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 6:11 pm 
The Master

@SkitchP wrote:
I am glad I am watching this unburdened by the knowledge of the books. I can just enjoy it for what it is without knowing what's missing. When it's all over I'll go back and read them,

I will most likely enjoy this season more because it's been a year since I read the book. Just trying to enjoy it as a TV show.

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 6:15 pm 
RM Elitist

Monkey_Driven wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:

I will most likely enjoy this season more because it's been a year since I read the book. Just trying to enjoy it as a TV show.

Yep, and I enjoy it so much on that level, I don't want to risk messing it up.

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 6:20 pm 
The Master

@SkitchP wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
@SkitchP wrote:

Yep, and I enjoy it so much on that level, I don't want to risk messing it up.

You got it right. You should definitely stick with you plan to read the books once the series is done. They are worth it.

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 6:47 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Quote:
Game of Thrones premiere sets piracy record

HBO's mythical drama "Game of Thrones" set a record for modern-day piracy after its Sunday night premiere, as viewers around the globe scrambled to watch the season 3 debut episode that aired on the premium cable network.

Piracy tracker TorrentFreak says that more than 1 million viewers downloaded the episode in the first day after it aired. At one point, more than 163,000 people were simultaneously sharing a single torrent -- a new record. The previous record, of just under 145,000 simultaneous file-swappers, was set by the "Heroes" season 3 debut in 2008, according to TorrentFreak's data.

The heavy demand for the premiere episode is no surprise, given that TorrentFreak says "Game of Thrones" was the most pirated show of 2012. According to its estimate, 4.3 million people downloaded the season finale last year, nearly a half-million more than downloaded the second-most pirated show, the Showtime drama "Dexter."

TorrentFreak did not have an estimate for the total number of people who have downloaded this year's premiere so far. London is the city with the most illegal downloads of the episode, it said, while the country with the heaviest downloads was the United States, followed by the U.K. and Australia.

Those downloading the file were using BitTorrent, a free software system that lets users swap large media files. It is widely used to illegally trade movies and other copyrighted content. Hollywood is concerned about illegal downloads, but HBO programming president Michael Lombardo told Entertainment Weekly recently that the network sees the piracy of "Game of Thrones" as a sign of success more than a problem.

"I probably shouldn't be saying this, but it is a compliment of sorts," Lombardo said ahead of the season 3 premier. "The demand is there. And it certainly didn't negatively impact the DVD sales. [Piracy is] something that comes along with having a wildly successful show on a subscription network."

It's HBO policy to fight piracy of its shows, particularly when it finds people illegally selling episodes of its shows, but the network isn't going after individual viewers, Lombardo said: "We haven't sent out the Game of Thrones police."

HBO, Entertainment Weekly and CNNMoney are all units of Time Warner (TWX, Fortune 500).

In a recent interview with CNN's Jake Tapper, "Game of Thrones" co-creator David Benioff speculated about all the special effects he could buy if those who illegally pirated the show were paying 99 cents or so per download.

"You do kind of think, God, if we just had a little bit of that, we could have had that extra scene with the dragons," he said.

Fans who might be willing to cough up that 99 cents for a pay-per-episode purchase of the new season don't have any opportunity to do so. New "Game of Thrones" episodes are available only to HBO subscribers, through its cable channel and its HBO Go on-demand app. Viewers outside the U.S. typically have to wait a week or more for new episodes to reach their local markets.

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 6:55 pm 
Broken Tamborine

Season 4 is a go :)

PostPosted: Tue April 02, 2013 9:54 pm 
Rank This Poster

intodeep wrote:
Season 4 is a go :)

they cant quit this bitch

PostPosted: Wed April 03, 2013 2:56 am 
$5 Donation Gets Custom Title

That first ep was the quickest hour of my life.

PostPosted: Wed April 03, 2013 5:12 pm 
Future Drummer

@SkitchP wrote:

I didn't read book 3 before the season this time like I did with Book 2. Because I just want to not be burdened with judging the changes. Afterwards I can read the books and just say " wow, they did this and that"

PostPosted: Wed April 03, 2013 9:42 pm 
AnalLog

zeb wrote:
That first ep was the quickest hour of my life.

Hear that. They did a fine job of cramming in as much as possible, though. No "Lost" style cock-teasing. Great ep.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 505  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment