The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334 ... 505  Next
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 7:59 pm 
The Master

dimejinky99 wrote:
If the night king et al breach the wall, will he and his forces melt in the relative heat?
I can see him making it at least near to kings landing unless all sides band together against him. (Unlikely).
He has a dragon. How will his forces keep up with him? GOT teleportation aside he would arrive on the dragon long before his forces no?

The White Walkers bring the cold with them (unless it is to re-freeze a lake :roll:).

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:01 pm 
Poster of the Year

Monkey_Driven wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
If the night king et al breach the wall, will he and his forces melt in the relative heat?
I can see him making it at least near to kings landing unless all sides band together against him. (Unlikely).
He has a dragon. How will his forces keep up with him? GOT teleportation aside he would arrive on the dragon long before his forces no?

The White Walkers bring the cold with them (unless it is to re-freeze a lake :roll:).

The frozen lake thing is taken from a rumor of
Spoiler: show
how Stannis will defeat the Boltons in TWOW. I guess D&D thought it was cool enough to bring to the show, but didn't think it through any further than that.

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:04 pm 
The Master

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

how Stannis will defeat the Boltons in TWOW. I guess D&D thought it was cool enough to bring to the show, but didn't think it through any further than that.

I hadn't heard that rumor. Pretty cool, if true. Do you think Jon will factor into that battle at all in the book, being dead and all?

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:05 pm 
Poster of the Year

Monkey_Driven wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I hadn't heard that rumor. Pretty cool, if true. Do you think Jon will factor into that battle at all in the book, being dead and all?

I have no idea.

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:06 pm 
The Master

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I have no idea.

Should we take it to the book thread?

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:07 pm 
Poster of the Year

Monkey_Driven wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

I have no idea.

Should we take it to the book thread?

If you'd like to continue, yes.

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:25 pm 
The worst

Monkey_Driven wrote:
stip wrote:
who did something that was particularly out of character? If anything I think the show took steps to ensure there were proper character motivations. Maybe Dany flying north to save Jon could be a stretch, but they had Jorah return and take that journey to provide further motivation.

I think you just answered your own question. Why would Jorah spend all that time and go through all that pain to essentially say hi and bye to Dany. Then go on a suicide mission north of the wall with a bunch of dudes he's never met for a really dumb reason?

Jorah is slavishly devoted to her. As long as he thinks he is serving her I can see him being find with this. Given the greyscale recovery he may be looking at his life as something borrowed anyway. This all seemed in character. Having dany actually accompany them to the wall feels a bit more of a stretch, tbh, though it would have helped tremendously with the time problem.

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:25 pm 
Poster of the Year

Slavishly devoted? He was still selling her out as late as Qarth.

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:26 pm 
The worst

slavishly devoted since the point he became slavishly devoted. Quarth was a long time ago

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:27 pm 
slower than 82% of US

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Slavishly devoted? He was still selling her out as late as Qarth.

How is he not?

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:28 pm 
Poster of the Year

Qarth was post Dragon birth and surviving the funeral pyre. Any betrayal after that is completely unforgivable and undercuts any display of devotion.

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:29 pm 
Poster of the Year

Even after seeing her survive the fire and her dragons born, he still would rather get a pardon from the Usurper than serve her.

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:29 pm 
Poster of the Year

basically, fuck jorah mormont

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:40 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:42 pm 
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer

Bi_3 wrote:

solid

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:43 pm 
The Master

EJ wrote:
Bi_3 wrote:

solid

I chuckled.

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 8:54 pm 
Looks Like a Cat

BurtReynolds wrote:
I already forgot, but what was her motivation for flying up there anyway? They already told her they were going into almost certain death. She didn't care enough to go before, why did she care now?

Remember the convo with Tyrion about all the dudes that want to hit that? Jorah and Jon were amoungst them. She realized Jon partially motivated by love.

Plus, after her dragon liked him, she's a total Snow bunny.

#TaketheBlack.

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 9:18 pm 
slower than 82% of US

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Even after seeing her survive the fire and her dragons born, he still would rather get a pardon from the Usurper than serve her.

He was a complicated man at that point searching for purpose in his life. He longed for a home he had to abandon because of his wife's expensive tastes. He was caught between that and finding a new home/purpose in something more real than the romanticized version of his home.

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 9:19 pm 
Poster of the Year

Mecca wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

He was a complicated man at that point searching for purpose in his life. He longed for a home he had to abandon because of his wife's expensive tastes. He was caught between that and finding a new home/purpose in something more real than the romanticized version of his home.

Exactly. He was more devoted to the idea of going home than he was devoted to Dany.

PostPosted: Mon August 21, 2017 9:20 pm 
slower than 82% of US

cutuphalfdead wrote:
Mecca wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Exactly. He was more devoted to the idea of going home than he was devoted to Dany.

But it's very obvious which way he went and you're thicker than the wall if you think he's not devoted to her

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 328, 329, 330, 331, 332, 333, 334 ... 505  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment