The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 493, 494, 495, 496, 497, 498, 499 ... 505  Next
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:28 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

bad

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:41 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Insufferably bad, dumb, shit writing

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:41 pm 
The Master

Good considering where the first five episodes of the season left us. Bad if you compare it to earlier seasons.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:54 pm 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Good considering where the first five episodes of the season left us. Bad if you compare it to earlier seasons.

agreed

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:34 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

If you think the first five episodes of the season left us in an off place, that is probably the fault of previous seasons, since this is where we were headed.

It was everything about the time jump and what came after that was poor.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:41 pm 
The Master

There are so many ways to evaluate a series finale. I can understand why opinions vary so much.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 11:44 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
There are so many ways to evaluate a series finale. I can understand why opinions vary so much.

aw huh

Except Anders' opinion. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:26 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

They basically crammed 3 seasons into 3 episodes and unforgivably dropped a half dozen plotlines. Does GoT not make enough money for HBO? Did the makers and actors just get bored with it? Why did they cut it so short?

Who knows.

All and all I'd say the show had some brilliant and groundbreaking scenes and episodes, but it didn't add up to much. And I've never seen a show diverge so much in quality from episode to episode.

It was probably too ambitious, ultimately. Oh well.

The one thing I'll say about the last season is that Emelia Clarke went from a terrible actress to a passable one. Wish I could say the say about that Kit guy.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:32 am 
Looks Like a Cat

Mickey wrote:
Insufferably bad, dumb, shit writing

Don’t give up, your posting will improve

Last edited by Bi_3 on Sun May 26, 2019 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:42 am 
The Master

BurtReynolds wrote:
They basically crammed 3 seasons into 3 episodes and unforgivably dropped a half dozen plotlines. Does GoT not make enough money for HBO? Did the makers and actors just get bored with it? Why did they cut it so short?

Who knows.

All and all I'd say the show had some brilliant and groundbreaking scenes and episodes, but it didn't add up to much. And I've never seen a show diverge so much in quality from episode to episode.

The one thing I'll say about the last season is that Emelia Clarke went from a terrible actress to a passable one. Wish I could say the say about that Kit guy.

To be fair, Kit had very little to work with this season.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:40 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

BurtReynolds wrote:

Who knows.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:41 am 
The Master

Oh good, another YouTube video.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:07 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Who knows.

That's absurd.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:23 am 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Who knows.

That's absurd.

Count the amount of lines he had other than "you're my queen" or "Dany" or "I don't want it".

I thought he was very good in the throne room scene with Dany. Both were.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:28 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Who knows.

That's absurd.

Count the amount of lines he had other than "you're my queen" or "Dany" or "I don't want it".

Um... that's literally Jon in every season.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:32 am 
The Master

durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Who knows.

That's absurd.

It's not the failure of the actor that he didn't get better is what I'm saying. The writers really didn't give him much more to work with once he was "promoted" to the main character. It didn't help his love story with Dany was so half baked and rushed.

Kit is certainly not on the same level as Dinklage or Lena, but he can hold his own.

Last edited by Monkey_Driven on Sun May 26, 2019 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:38 am 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm with you, buddy. Kit isn't a bad actor.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:07 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:

Who knows.

That's absurd.

It's not the failure of the actor that he didn't get better is what I'm saying. The writers really didn't give him much more to work with once he was "promoted" to the main character. It didn't help his love story with Dany was so half baked and rushed.

Kit is certainly not on the same level as Dinklage or Lena, but he can hold his own.

I agree with this post.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:09 am 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Monkey_Driven wrote:

I think the final season was good, and I’m pleased with how and where the characters ended up. But I think the final episode was by far the weakest episode, probably of the entire series.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:59 am 
mXn

BurtReynolds wrote:

Who knows.

I saw/heard something about he actors and crew being bored to death in the remote filming locations. Also you could understand with such a large cast that a certain percentage of the actors would want to move on to other things. Unfortunately this is real life.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 493, 494, 495, 496, 497, 498, 499 ... 505  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment