The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11540
durdencommatyler wrote:
Goddamnit, also Melissandre. She's not there either. Which, makes sense... but also, she has that line to Arya about seeing her again. SO..... what's up with that?

Maybe she’s disguised as Arya


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 3:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 69840
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Goddamnit, also Melissandre. She's not there either. Which, makes sense... but also, she has that line to Arya about seeing her again. SO..... what's up with that?

Maybe she’s disguised as Arya

I swear to god...


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 3:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 17547
Location: Mizzou
I really need to rewatch the last 2-3 seasons before this starts. My memory of the show gets hazy as it diverged from the books.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 24524
durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Goddamnit, also Melissandre. She's not there either. Which, makes sense... but also, she has that line to Arya about seeing her again. SO..... what's up with that?

Maybe she’s disguised as Arya

I swear to god...



Arya mad?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Thu March 07, 2019 3:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 69840
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Goddamnit, also Melissandre. She's not there either. Which, makes sense... but also, she has that line to Arya about seeing her again. SO..... what's up with that?

Maybe she’s disguised as Arya

I swear to god...



Arya mad?

:lol:


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Fri March 08, 2019 2:20 pm 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 15053
Location: Cumberland, RI
kreng wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
Is Gendry in that trailer ? I think I saw him

Literally everyone is shown, yes, except the Greyjoys.

I'm not sure what that means.

no Bronn either :(


:poke:

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/ ... ssion=true

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 3:21 am 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 15053
Location: Cumberland, RI
What do we think The Night King wants? If the answer is "land" or "power," that is pretty damn boring. Is he coming south to capture an object or a person, or to retrieve an object or a person? I don't think these are necessarily spoilers, because no one I read or watch posts spoilers or production info or anything, but I've seen some intersting speculation:

Spoiler: show
Winterfell is the site of much, much more mythology in the books, and it wouldn't be crazy to see some of that pop up in the final season. There's some speculation that there could be a dragon or dragon's eggs under or in the crypts, which could be a reason the Night King is on his way south. When it comes to a "someone," there's also reference to the speculation that the Night King (and the Night's King in the books) could've been a Stark, meaning the crypts hold his ancestors that he may want to raise from the dead. One of the wilder theories I've seen if that the Great Other himself is buried below Winterfell--it was raised at the same time as The Wall by the same person (Bran the Builder), and the name could be a clue to it being the place where winter ended, where "winter fell," if it was the place where the Last Hero defeated the Great Other to end the Long Night. There's also speculation that some sort of magical object--akin to the Horn of Winter--is in the crypts with Rhaegar's harp, and he needs it before he can go further south.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 8:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11540
Simple Torture wrote:
What do we think The Night King wants? If the answer is "land" or "power," that is pretty damn boring. Is he coming south to capture an object or a person, or to retrieve an object or a person? I don't think these are necessarily spoilers, because no one I read or watch posts spoilers or production info or anything, but I've seen some intersting speculation:

Spoiler: show
Winterfell is the site of much, much more mythology in the books, and it wouldn't be crazy to see some of that pop up in the final season. There's some speculation that there could be a dragon or dragon's eggs under or in the crypts, which could be a reason the Night King is on his way south. When it comes to a "someone," there's also reference to the speculation that the Night King (and the Night's King in the books) could've been a Stark, meaning the crypts hold his ancestors that he may want to raise from the dead. One of the wilder theories I've seen if that the Great Other himself is buried below Winterfell--it was raised at the same time as The Wall by the same person (Bran the Builder), and the name could be a clue to it being the place where winter ended, where "winter fell," if it was the place where the Last Hero defeated the Great Other to end the Long Night. There's also speculation that some sort of magical object--akin to the Horn of Winter--is in the crypts with Rhaegar's harp, and he needs it before he can go further south.

He wants Harrenhal


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 24524
He’s heard Cersei is even icier then him and he’s come to put the smack down on that rumour


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 9:27 am 
Online
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 35921
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
Simple Torture wrote:
What do we think The Night King wants? If the answer is "land" or "power," that is pretty damn boring. Is he coming south to capture an object or a person, or to retrieve an object or a person? I don't think these are necessarily spoilers, because no one I read or watch posts spoilers or production info or anything, but I've seen some intersting speculation:

Spoiler: show
Winterfell is the site of much, much more mythology in the books, and it wouldn't be crazy to see some of that pop up in the final season. There's some speculation that there could be a dragon or dragon's eggs under or in the crypts, which could be a reason the Night King is on his way south. When it comes to a "someone," there's also reference to the speculation that the Night King (and the Night's King in the books) could've been a Stark, meaning the crypts hold his ancestors that he may want to raise from the dead. One of the wilder theories I've seen if that the Great Other himself is buried below Winterfell--it was raised at the same time as The Wall by the same person (Bran the Builder), and the name could be a clue to it being the place where winter ended, where "winter fell," if it was the place where the Last Hero defeated the Great Other to end the Long Night. There's also speculation that some sort of magical object--akin to the Horn of Winter--is in the crypts with Rhaegar's harp, and he needs it before he can go further south.

After the ridiculous zombie kidnapping and turning Daenerys into a nephew fucking superhero, I don't have any faith that they'll do anything interesting with the Night King.

My only hope is that the books don't resemble the show at all.

_________________
“The world is going insane!” they shout at an unhearing screen.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Mon March 11, 2019 4:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 17547
Location: Mizzou
BurtReynolds wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
What do we think The Night King wants? If the answer is "land" or "power," that is pretty damn boring. Is he coming south to capture an object or a person, or to retrieve an object or a person? I don't think these are necessarily spoilers, because no one I read or watch posts spoilers or production info or anything, but I've seen some intersting speculation:

Spoiler: show
Winterfell is the site of much, much more mythology in the books, and it wouldn't be crazy to see some of that pop up in the final season. There's some speculation that there could be a dragon or dragon's eggs under or in the crypts, which could be a reason the Night King is on his way south. When it comes to a "someone," there's also reference to the speculation that the Night King (and the Night's King in the books) could've been a Stark, meaning the crypts hold his ancestors that he may want to raise from the dead. One of the wilder theories I've seen if that the Great Other himself is buried below Winterfell--it was raised at the same time as The Wall by the same person (Bran the Builder), and the name could be a clue to it being the place where winter ended, where "winter fell," if it was the place where the Last Hero defeated the Great Other to end the Long Night. There's also speculation that some sort of magical object--akin to the Horn of Winter--is in the crypts with Rhaegar's harp, and he needs it before he can go further south.

After the ridiculous zombie kidnapping and turning Daenerys into a nephew fucking superhero, I don't have any faith that they'll do anything interesting with the Night King.

My only hope is that the books don't resemble the show at all.


Very well could be the show's jump the shark moment.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 2:31 pm 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 15053
Location: Cumberland, RI
During Season 7 (summer 2017), I tried to guess Season 8's episode titles. My guesses were:

Simple Torture wrote:
SE08EP01 - "The Last Hero"
SE08EP02 - "Family, Duty, Honor"
SE08EP03 - "Valonqar"
SE08EP04 - "A Choosing"
SE08EP05 - "The Night That Ended"
SE08EP06 - "A Dream of Spring"


My updated guesss are:

SE08EP01 - "Queen's Right"
SE08EP02 - "Family, Duty, Honor"
SE08EP03 - "The Long Night"
SE08EP04 - "The Last Hero"
SE08EP05 - "Valonqar"
SE08EP06 - "A Dream of Spring"

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Gym Leader
 Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 7:17 pm
Posts: 11540
Simple Torture wrote:
During Season 7 (summer 2017), I tried to guess Season 8's episode titles. My guesses were:

Simple Torture wrote:
SE08EP01 - "The Last Hero"
SE08EP02 - "Family, Duty, Honor"
SE08EP03 - "Valonqar"
SE08EP04 - "A Choosing"
SE08EP05 - "The Night That Ended"
SE08EP06 - "A Dream of Spring"


My updated guesss are:

SE08EP01 - "Queen's Right"
SE08EP02 - "Family, Duty, Honor"
SE08EP03 - "The Long Night"
SE08EP04 - "The Last Hero"
SE08EP05 - "Valonqar"
SE08EP06 - "A Dream of Spring"

Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Thu March 14, 2019 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
NEVER STOP JAMMING!
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 24524
Lads.
I found seasons 1-3 in a cool boxset and season 4, all on dvd, in a charity shop.
€2 for both.

Support your local charity shop.
Though to be fair this was more of a steal than anything.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Sat March 16, 2019 1:48 am 
Online
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 7:41 am
Posts: 15053
Location: Cumberland, RI
Mecca wrote:
Simple Torture wrote:
During Season 7 (summer 2017), I tried to guess Season 8's episode titles. My guesses were:

Simple Torture wrote:
SE08EP01 - "The Last Hero"
SE08EP02 - "Family, Duty, Honor"
SE08EP03 - "Valonqar"
SE08EP04 - "A Choosing"
SE08EP05 - "The Night That Ended"
SE08EP06 - "A Dream of Spring"


My updated guesss are:

SE08EP01 - "Queen's Right"
SE08EP02 - "Family, Duty, Honor"
SE08EP03 - "The Long Night"
SE08EP04 - "The Last Hero"
SE08EP05 - "Valonqar"
SE08EP06 - "A Dream of Spring"

Image



The run times for the six episodes were announced recently (today?) and they are:

SE08EP01 - 54 minutes
SE08EP02 - 58 minutes
SE08EP03 - 82 minutes
SE08EP04 - 78 minutes
SE08EP05 - 80 minutes
SE08EP06 - 80 minutes

Feel pretty comfortable with my guesses.

_________________
McParadigm wrote:
lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: HBO: Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire)
PostPosted: Sat March 16, 2019 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 24, 2013 4:32 am
Posts: 6373
A Dream of Spring:

Final scene of the series is a cut to GRRM waking up in a cold sweat at home with a dead hooker in bed next to him. The whole thing was just a dream.


PS - Local news radio said yesterday that the final 3 episodes will clock in at 120 minutes each. Sounds like they have that wrong and should have said an hour and 20 minutes each?

_________________
Red Mosquito: Come for the Pearl Jam discussion, stay for the rampant homosexual innuendo.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 375, 376, 377, 378, 379

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BurtReynolds, Simple Torture and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue March 19, 2019 12:20 am