Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)

Sun January 20, 2013 9:45 pm

Soma. wrote:Anyone have the X-Men cartoon from the early 90's on file?

Theyre out on DVD, check Bestbuy, theyll have them on sale when other major Marvel movies come out... last year when Avengers was out? they had just about every Marvel animated show on sale AND had a coupon for a free ticket to see The Avengers movie.

that last season (most of the 5th set) of the 90's cartoon... is pretty awful... the animation/art changed, and so did a few of the voice actors

Mon January 21, 2013 3:29 pm

MadTIGERmaN wrote:so... how bout we start it off with whos everyones favorite Mutants?

Wolverine, Storm, and Magneto are easily my top 3

While I love all the main characters, I prefer mutants with more subtlety and humour - Top 3
Maddrox
Pete Wisdom
Emma Frost

that said, the new X-Men Legacy focusing on Legion is quickly becoming a favourite; huge potential there.

Fri January 25, 2013 5:42 am

update on The Wolverine : http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170071 ... view.jhtml

im really starting to get excited about this movie...
I know I saw a set shot with a bunch of Ninjas running around somewhere on the net...
one can only hope its a bunch of extras to get SNiKT'd Image

Fri January 25, 2013 7:29 am

Gambit
Storm
Sentinels (Yes, that counts)

Sun January 27, 2013 5:03 am

Bryan Singer announced on his twitter that Shawn Ashmore (Iceman), Ellen Page (Kitty Pryde), and Anna Paquin (Rogue) are RETURNING for Days of Future Past!

what he didnt announce was that Ellen Page is a HUGE Sleater-Kinney fan...
how could I not love someone whos in the X-movies, playing a Cat, and loves one of my fav bands? :heartbeat:

Sun January 27, 2013 11:16 pm

MadTIGERmaN wrote:update on The Wolverine : http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170071 ... view.jhtml

im really starting to get excited about this movie...
I know I saw a set shot with a bunch of Ninjas running around somewhere on the net...
one can only hope its a bunch of extras to get SNiKT'd Image

cool! thanks for the link.
MadTIGERmaN wrote:Bryan Singer announced on his twitter that Shawn Ashmore (Iceman), Ellen Page (Kitty Pryde), and Anna Paquin (Rogue) are RETURNING for Days of Future Past!

too bad, I didn't care for any of those 3 in those roles. ah well....

Tue January 29, 2013 7:10 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=73433

HOPEFULLY Hugh's not just blowing the publicity smoke...
as he said similar things before Wolverine:Origins...

[/quote]
too bad, I didn't care for any of those 3 in those roles. ah well....[/quote]

Rogue was horrible in the first 3 movies, and for as good as Anna might be in other things? she kinda sucked as Rogue (which im gonna blame Singer for making Rogue so weak)

Iceman... im blaming on Singer as well? Iceman had no personality...

Kitty was played by 3 different actress's... first 2 she just walked through a wall LOL
but I thought Ellen was great as Shadowcat... and she loves Sleater Kinney so Ellen rocks in my book lol

Tue January 29, 2013 8:51 pm

MadTIGERmaN wrote:http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=73433

HOPEFULLY Hugh's not just blowing the publicity smoke...
as he said similar things before Wolverine:Origins...

holy! is that the new look the director was talking about? me likey!

too bad, I didn't care for any of those 3 in those roles. ah well....

MadTIGERmaN wrote:Rogue was horrible in the first 3 movies, and for as good as Anna might be in other things? she kinda sucked as Rogue (which im gonna blame Singer for making Rogue so weak)

Iceman... im blaming on Singer as well? Iceman had no personality...

Kitty was played by 3 different actress's... first 2 she just walked through a wall LOL
but I thought Ellen was great as Shadowcat... and she loves Sleater Kinney so Ellen rocks in my book lol

my thoughts exactly (except for the Sleater/Kinney part)

I think Anna Panquin sucks in pretty much everything I've seen her in so I'm not gonna lay all of that on Singer but I will blame him for making Iceman into Blandman - he should have been like Johnny Storm (Chris Evans) in FF., crackin'-wise and goofing off.
As for Kitty, I hadn't realized there were 3 different ones. I just think she's not built for it, ya know? She's too small & babyfaced maybe? I dunno...

Sun February 03, 2013 3:22 am

I'm kinda drunk-ish and kinda watching season 1 of x-men evolution. Good times.

Sun February 03, 2013 3:28 am

I'm a weather witch not a snow plow! :haha:

Sun February 03, 2013 10:22 pm

Season 1 really moves slow, but I do love how they slowly introduced each character...
for as much love as the 90's cartoon gets... for turning the comics into cartoons... I actually like watching X-men Evolution and Wolverine and the X-men a lil bit more...

the 90s Cartoon, Icemans in 1 episode, Angels 3?, Toad's in 1, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver 1, Havok 1, Polaris 1, Forge 1, Night Crawler 2, Shadowcat the pilot only (in which Wolverine has an aussie accent... youtube Pryde of the X-men, he also had a aussie accent in the 80's Spiderman series its horrible LOL glad they ditched that crazy idea)

almost everyone of those characters have alot bigger roles in the other 2 series.
and ya only really lose Jubilee, Morph, and Gambit's no longer a major character.

Sinisters used very lil, but you get more of Mystique and the Brotherhood

Wolverine and the X-men REALLY needed a second season!

Mon February 04, 2013 1:37 am

i agree Wolverine and the x-men needs to go on

Mon February 04, 2013 11:25 pm

oops I lied, Forge is in a few more from the 90's I forgot hes in the future with Bishop
with no explanation as to how hes also with X-factor in that ONE episode with Iceman, and Havok

just like the failed to explain how Cable was fighting on Genosha in the first season, then time traveling in later seasons from 3000 years in the future LOL

the 90s cartoon may follow the comics more... but wow do they leave alot of loose ends and lack explanations.

Spider-man and his Amazing Friends - episode "The Prison Plot"
Magneto holds the entire east coast hostage, knocking out the power grids... and a prison under a magnetic field, until they release Blob, Toad, and Mastermind... of course Spider-man, Iceman, and Firestar save the day, but my question is, if you can freaking knock out the whole east coast Mags... and, put a magnetic force shield over the prison so no one can get in or out? why dont you either A-just break them out of jail? or B-just turn that into your bass? LOL that cartoon has some awful writing. (not to mention the ever great Australian Wolverine mate)

Tue February 05, 2013 1:25 am

Spider-man And His Amazing Friends ruled! You better watch your tone!

Wed February 06, 2013 1:02 am

bada wrote:Spider-man And His Amazing Friends ruled! You better watch your tone!

haha Ive only watched a handful of episodes, BUT, in 3 of them, Firestar was stopped by some sort of ice/water trap, and Iceman was tied down/stopped by some sort of heat/fire trap

thats not very amazing friends lol

Thu February 07, 2013 3:47 am

Interview with Shawn "Iceman" Ashmore
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/07/ ... ium=social

I know of the original actors, he at least did read comics before the movies...
and actually likes the part SO much, he even voiced Iceman for the Marvel Super Hero Squad Kids show, and game ( www.heroup.com its actually pretty fun for a kids game lol)

Pretty sure hes the only movie actor who actually voiced a part for that series? although they do have some great actors doing voice work, Mark Hamil as the Red Skull, George Takai as Galactus is hilarious.

Fri February 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Bryan Singer interview...
I really wish theyd just make this next movie 2 parts
and let Mark Millar clean up all the past "problems" LOL

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/22/ ... last-stand

Fri March 01, 2013 3:42 am

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact ... st-certain

Halle's maybe might be all but for sure... in...
so...
X-men Days of Futures Past now has...
Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Kitty, and Rogue from the original movies back
with
Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, and Beast confirmed from the First Class cast...

with Peter Dinklage playing a "villian"

Fri March 01, 2013 1:11 pm

MadTIGERmaN wrote:http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowandact/halle-berry-confiims-to-s-a-that-shes-coming-back-as-storm-well-almost-certain

Halle's maybe might be all but for sure... in...
so...
X-men Days of Futures Past now has...
Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Kitty, and Rogue from the original movies back
with
Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, and Beast confirmed from the First Class cast...

with Peter Dinklage playing a "villian"

from what i have seen he is going to be playing either lang or bolivier trask and an outside chance of being ahab

Sun March 03, 2013 5:00 am

add Omar Sy to the ever growing list of actors in X-men - Days of Futures Past!

So it could be possible theyre going with the 90's Cartoon version of the story, and having Omar play Biship, and do the time travel... (which means, we could actually get a 3rd future even farther in the future from which he comes back to the original cast... and then oh lord... just make this 2 movies already Singer... this big of a cast and story? MAKE IT 3 HOURS OR 2 MOVIES!)

and when the hell is The Wolverine ever going ot get a preview? it gets released in 6 short months
Post a reply