The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Wed July 24, 2013 1:56 am 
jeeeesus relax already

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Peeps wrote:
im not 100% sure but her mutation made her blue skinned and red hair as her default state. since she lost the mutation she reverted to what her genes would have had her normally

i like that singer is back and have the highest of hopes for this movie.

i know x3 gets shit on and blame brett for its failings but i think FOX was more at fault than brett...instead of finding a director to work on this that wanted to continue singers vision they got a big name who would get it done fast so they wouldnt have to change the release date.

the story line was rushed but had singer done the same movie im sure it would have been more along the lines of astonishing xmen than what we saw

thats a good theory on Mystique
Im not a huge Singer fan, but, I am glad hes back, for a few reasons, one, the cast LOVES him. As long as hes involved, Patrick, Ian, Hugh, Halle... pretty much all of them have said theyll do anything for the guy, and, he truely seems to love the universe... he may change things to his image/ideas... but he truly seems to enjoy the universe

i like him, but its been a long time since he delivered a good movie. X men 2 i guess was the last time.

PostPosted: Thu July 25, 2013 2:28 am 
AnalLog

Stickman wrote:

wow first Eddie Vedder was Russel Crowes stunt double in his death seen in Man of Steel, now he pops up in the promo poster with Patrick for X-men DoFP??? that guys getting around these days LOL

PostPosted: Fri July 26, 2013 5:56 am 
AnalLog

So...
Spoiler: show
that... was a great freaking Wolverine solo flick... and it actually really did follow the same general story as the comics... a twist here and there, but more or less... Yukio didnt get to bone Logan... and there was a nice twist on the Silver Samuri, that Silver Samuri fans wont like, and im sure, Ironman fans are going to compare to the Mandarin... But that worked a lot better than trying to explain the Silver Samuri's mutant power... the Jean flash backs/dreams were done perfect... spaced out just enough so ya kinda forget about her then BAM! hi Jean... all in all... its exactly what I wanted out of the movie... im guessing the DVD will have an extended fight with the Hand Ninja's in the village... I swear ive already seen a longer fight there in one of the previews then what ended up in the movie, and its already been said, that the DVD's will be unrated / bloodier

and

the teaser after the credits gave me freaking goose bumps

yes, im going to spoiler this part and not even mention what the teaser was... its that good

PostPosted: Fri July 26, 2013 4:09 pm 
Rank This Poster

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
So...
that... was a great freaking Wolverine solo flick... and it actually really did follow the same general story as the comics... a twist here and there, but more or less... Yukio didnt get to bone Logan... and there was a nice twist on the Silver Samuri, that Silver Samuri fans wont like, and im sure, Ironman fans are going to compare to the Mandarin... But that worked a lot better than trying to explain the Silver Samuri's mutant power... the Jean flash backs/dreams were done perfect... spaced out just enough so ya kinda forget about her then BAM! hi Jean... all in all... its exactly what I wanted out of the movie... im guessing the DVD will have an extended fight with the Hand Ninja's in the village... I swear ive already seen a longer fight there in one of the previews then what ended up in the movie, and its already been said, that the DVD's will be unrated / bloodier

and

the teaser after the credits gave me freaking goose bumps

yes, im going to spoiler this part and not even mention what the teaser was... its that good

yea man i really liked it a lot

i was waitin for yukio to turn, but the continuity w jean prof n mags made that impossible bec deathstrikes dead

the only thing i was bummed about, wanted to see him hack up all those hand ninjas

i figured the old man would end up as ss.. i guess not too far a stray from the comics, they did what they had to for a 2 hr movie

PostPosted: Fri July 26, 2013 9:17 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

I started reading the wiki for Silver Samurai just now and saw this:
Quote:
Harada was once the bodyguard for the international terrorist known as the Viper and was subsequently an occasional mercenary. When working for Viper, he fought Spider-Man and Black Widow.[2] After recovering Viper's teleportation ring, he fought Spider-Man again on Saturday Night Live and encountered the original Not-Ready-For-Prime-Time-Players.[3] He joined Viper and Boomerang in fighting Spider-Man, Nick Fury, Shang-Chi, and Black Widow on the original S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier.[4] He and Viper attempted to kidnap Michael Kramer, and fought the original Spider-Woman.[5]
What.

PostPosted: Fri July 26, 2013 10:28 pm 
AnalLog

bune wrote:
I started reading the wiki for Silver Samurai just now and saw this:
Quote:
Harada was once the bodyguard for the international terrorist known as the Viper and was subsequently an occasional mercenary. When working for Viper, he fought Spider-Man and Black Widow.[2] After recovering Viper's teleportation ring, he fought Spider-Man again on Saturday Night Live and encountered the original Not-Ready-For-Prime-Time-Players.[3] He joined Viper and Boomerang in fighting Spider-Man, Nick Fury, Shang-Chi, and Black Widow on the original S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier.[4] He and Viper attempted to kidnap Michael Kramer, and fought the original Spider-Woman.[5]
What.

haha wow... I remember reading Marvels wiki once on Gambit... it was like every other line he was fighting someone then teaming up with them, and then stabbing them in the back... but never on SNL? wtcrap? lol

I really like how Jean is handled in this as they never truly reveal if shes alive? is it in Logans head? dreams? is she speaking to him telepathically from the beyond or from the here and now? I also love how much of the movie is spoken in japanese with no subtitles... really plays into the whats going on? confussion? whos side is whos on? (even though technically Logan should be able to speak Japanese and understand whats going on)

PostPosted: Sat July 27, 2013 7:32 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

very enjoyable to say the least.

not nearly as bloody as i thought it would be

PostPosted: Mon July 29, 2013 3:21 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Really wish Darren Aronofsky could have stuck it out but Mangold was a decent pick.

PostPosted: Tue July 30, 2013 8:07 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Those Sentinels looks pretty amazing!

There is a Trask industries web page. Its really nice.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 2:25 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

i really think days of future past is going to be a grand slam walk off of the comic book movie genre

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 3:56 am 
AnalLog

Peeps wrote:
i really think days of future past is going to be a grand slam walk off of the comic book movie genre

me too man, that Trask Industries website looks like a legit security company / drone program.

and the fact that theyre promoting this, a year in advance!

if done right, and not TOOOO crazy with the time travel / time lines...
character / ACTOR wise this is easily better than the Avengers (this cast has major talent)
and story wise... this could be great comic, sci-fi, time travel, AND with the drone/big brother story... have some very pointed current events commentary. This really could be more than just a big budget comic book movie.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 2:56 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

So, if Wolverine doesn't have adamantium in him anymore, how was Magneto able to stop him for moving in the airport?

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 3:35 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Stickman wrote:
So, if Wolverine doesn't have adamantium in him anymore, how was Magneto able to stop him for moving in the airport?

he never had it removed. he had his natural bone claws cut off (how they will address that i dont know) but the rest of his skeleton is metal. aside from that you have iron in your blood that he can affect also

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 3:56 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Peeps wrote:
Stickman wrote:

he never had it removed. he had his natural bone claws cut off (how they will address that i dont know) but the rest of his skeleton is metal. aside from that you have iron in your blood that he can affect also

ah. gotcha.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 6:35 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Peeps wrote:
Stickman wrote:

they grow back, I'm sure. He's re-gen'd from a lot worse, after all.

PostPosted: Wed July 31, 2013 10:50 pm 
AnalLog

bune wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Stickman wrote:

better question...

how is it, that when you cover bone claws... with adamantium... they become super sharp blades of killing machines??? why is it not just, bone covered in adamantium? ive always kinda laughed at that...

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 12:31 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

bune wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Stickman wrote:

of course the claws grew back, but there wasnt any metal on them in the airport scene. that he cant regenerate

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 2:39 pm 
slower than 82% of US

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
bune wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Stickman wrote:

better question...

how is it, that when you cover bone claws... with adamantium... they become super sharp blades of killing machines??? why is it not just, bone covered in adamantium? ive always kinda laughed at that...

Well, through the power of myth...

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 2:45 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

im watching Wolverine tonight.

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 2:55 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

He's been watching you all along.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 65  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment