The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Thu December 07, 2017 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 14759
Location: Mizzou
bune wrote:
I've judged a movie for less, don't you tell me what to do.


Just checking, judge away!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Thu December 07, 2017 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14660
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Are we really judging a movie based on a magazine cover?


yeah.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Thu December 07, 2017 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9521
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
VinylGuy wrote:
thats the only pic?

Looks so fuckin cgi is awful.


Well, it IS done by magazine editors and NOT Hollywood CGI artists.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Thu December 07, 2017 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14660
B wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
thats the only pic?

Looks so fuckin cgi is awful.


Well, it IS done by magazine editors and NOT Hollywood CGI artists.


So its not an official pic?

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Thu December 07, 2017 7:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 9521
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
VinylGuy wrote:
B wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
thats the only pic?

Looks so fuckin cgi is awful.


Well, it IS done by magazine editors and NOT Hollywood CGI artists.


So its not an official pic?


I guess I don't know. I just assumed it was a magazine photo shoot.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Thu December 07, 2017 8:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14660
B wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
B wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
thats the only pic?

Looks so fuckin cgi is awful.


Well, it IS done by magazine editors and NOT Hollywood CGI artists.


So its not an official pic?


I guess I don't know. I just assumed it was a magazine photo shoot.


Oh B..cmon.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Fri December 08, 2017 2:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:12 am
Posts: 1434
Location: The Jungle
That may actually be the last, epic, Fox X-Men movie. I dont believe anything has started filming yet for 2019, and the movies that have been mentioned are Gambit (with C.Tatum) Multiple Man (with J. Franco, and who the hell cares about Multiple Man anyway?) and the Deadpool/Cable/X-Force movie that should spin out of Deadpool 2. Mangold has stated hes interested in a X-23 spinoff movie post Logan, and thats about it. With the Disney rumors, its possible Fox is looking at wrapping up its stories with this run of movies this year.

So might as well go out on the big scale. That's one thing I've liked about the X-movies, they've all felt more low key / down scaled compared to some of the other super hero movies. Even DoFP, sure, the future was all destruction, but the movie, didn't destroy anything in the present (well it was the past, but it was the present story line)

The last 15 mins of this weeks Gifted was some of the best yet. Rest of the episode was slow though.

Thunderbird had a great line a few episodes ago, cant remember it exactly but it was a pretty good dig at the current state of the world. We help others in need, even if one might be a terrorist.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Fri December 08, 2017 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14660
I never finished Legion. Fuck im behind this stuff. Ill never watched Gifted to be honest.

I do wanna see that horror movie next year.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Fri December 08, 2017 6:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 33729
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
It's probably thrown together by some intern at the magazine. They are always shitty looking.


Looks like Disney is really gonna buy fox now. Hold on to your butts.

_________________
Death is coming. Eat trash. Be free.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Fri December 08, 2017 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 3398
Location: right there
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Multiple Man (with J. Franco, and who the hell cares about Multiple Man anyway?)

I do! I loved Madrox and the gang when they were X-Factor. I don't like the thought of James Franco playing him tho.

_________________
It always has to get a little weird.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Fri December 15, 2017 1:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 10:41 am
Posts: 3877
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
It's Official: We Will See X-Men and Deadpool in the Marvel Universe

_________________
"I'll hold your wallet while you go fuck yourself"-David Letterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Fri December 15, 2017 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 13140
Location: Where everybody knows your name
I'm really starting to believe that this is what Feige was referring to when he said Phase 4 in the MCU will be totally different than what has come before.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Fri December 15, 2017 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 9017
Feige needs to call me on how to wrap the FF into the MCU.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Sat December 16, 2017 2:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 2355
Wolverine is gonna quick get shot into a post credits infinity war scene


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Sat December 16, 2017 3:00 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 13140
Location: Where everybody knows your name
i got bugs wrote:
Wolverine is gonna quick get shot into a post credits infinity war scene

But will Jackman play him? He did say that was the only way he'd come back.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Sat December 16, 2017 4:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:12 am
Posts: 1434
Location: The Jungle
I'd be so much more excited if the whole MCU could get out from under the House of Mouse.

I think a lot of us Marvel fans are jumping the gun with Feige and the phase 4 plans. This deal was about way more than just the X-men. Star Wars, The Simpsons, Movie studios, TV Studios.
That being said, if im Feige and the MCU, I'm glad theyre getting it done as fast as they are. Fox can wrap up their 3 movies this year, then Marvel can re-introduce them back into the MCU. and it can be a slow build over the next couple phases building up to Onslaught.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Sat January 13, 2018 1:18 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:12 am
Posts: 1434
Location: The Jungle
So, Deadpool 2 got moved up a few weeks (so its BEFORE Han Solo's solo movie)
New Mutants got moved back, almost a FULL YEAR (which is never a good thing, but, I never understood Fox putting 3 movies out the same year anyway)
Gambit, lost ANOTHER director and is being pushed back again.
The Gifted got picked up for a second season (and has a 1 hour season ender next week)

and Hugh Jackman is still retired, did i miss anything else?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Sun January 14, 2018 2:37 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 4236
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
So, Deadpool 2 got moved up a few weeks (so its BEFORE Han Solo's solo movie)
New Mutants got moved back, almost a FULL YEAR (which is never a good thing, but, I never understood Fox putting 3 movies out the same year anyway)
Gambit, lost ANOTHER director and is being pushed back again.
The Gifted got picked up for a second season (and has a 1 hour season ender next week)

and Hugh Jackman is still retired, did i miss anything else?


i think i heard that they moved new mutants back to do reshoots. not because they felt the movie was lacking but they wanted to make it even more horror than it already was

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Mon January 15, 2018 1:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:12 am
Posts: 1434
Location: The Jungle
Peeps wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
So, Deadpool 2 got moved up a few weeks (so its BEFORE Han Solo's solo movie)
New Mutants got moved back, almost a FULL YEAR (which is never a good thing, but, I never understood Fox putting 3 movies out the same year anyway)
Gambit, lost ANOTHER director and is being pushed back again.
The Gifted got picked up for a second season (and has a 1 hour season ender next week)

and Hugh Jackman is still retired, did i miss anything else?


i think i heard that they moved new mutants back to do reshoots. not because they felt the movie was lacking but they wanted to make it even more horror than it already was


Yeah, I've heard that too, but generally anytime a movie gets moved back (especially back a full year) its never really a good sign.
Cant wait for the season finale of The Gifted. Purifiers, Hell Fire Club, a hint at Polaris's dad being a King of the Hell Fire Club, so much going on in that last episode.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat September 22, 2018 7:24 pm