The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 3:07 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

durdencommatyler wrote:
He's been watching you all along.

and you were watching us?

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 3:09 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

For a while. But I got bored.

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 3:14 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

For a while. But I got bored.

I thought you were having a good time.

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 3:45 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Mecca wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
bune wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Stickman wrote:
Spoiler: show
So, if Wolverine doesn't have adamantium in him anymore, how was Magneto able to stop him for moving in the airport?

he never had it removed. he had his natural bone claws cut off (how they will address that i dont know) but the rest of his skeleton is metal. aside from that you have iron in your blood that he can affect also

they grow back, I'm sure. He's re-gen'd from a lot worse, after all.

better question...

how is it, that when you cover bone claws... with adamantium... they become super sharp blades of killing machines??? why is it not just, bone covered in adamantium? ive always kinda laughed at that...

Well, through the power of myth...

its just one of those things that cant really be explained (but ill try none the less);

when wolverine was first created there were two theories (ideas) of his origin. A) he would be a wolverine given human form (probably evolved by the high evolutionary) and B) the claws were actually housed in knuckle part of the gloves.

as he grew more popular they stunned everyone by making the claws as part of his body and the work that weapon X had done on him (they are the ones that bonded the adamantium to him in the first place, oddly enough using lady deathstrikes fathers notes/research on how to do so)

though it was never explained how the adamantium was formed into the knife like qualities that is just the way it was.

flashforward 20+ years in real time and they finally gave logan an origin story. set in the late 1800s it is insinuated he had an older brother who had some type of mutation but it was never revealed. though logans' (james howlett) mother had a set of scars on her back in the form of claws much like the latter day wolverine leaves behind.

james howlett is a sickly kid and catches everything around him leaving him extremely weak and vulnerable. it is established that there is a worker on the familys acres (his "father" and "grandfather" have built a nice fortune and therefore afford menial workers) named logan beats his own son and bears a striking resemblance to an older Wolverine.

after a drunken binge mr logan goes to confront james' mother to leave that weak husband of hers and to move on. hearing the commotion james "father" rushes to his wifes side and startles mr logan who shoots him. James seeing this freaks out and this is where the mutation rears itself. bone claws extend from his hands and he stabs mr logan and kills him. it is muttered by either his mother or maid, oh no not again.

so in short the bone claws are a bit of a retcon but mostly the depiction of the adamantium claws is left up to the artist. some place the claws shooting out from just behind the knuckles on the top of the hand and others have them come out in between the knuckles when he makes a fist.

tl;dr version

hes fucking wolverine, dont question it

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 4:20 pm 
Rank This Poster

based on ^ ..( i read the comic n didnt notice)

in the original story of this, wolverine still had bone claws??

PostPosted: Thu August 01, 2013 7:50 pm 
AnalLog

Peeps wrote:
bune wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Stickman wrote:
So, if Wolverine doesn't have adamantium in him anymore, how was Magneto able to stop him for moving in the airport?

he never had it removed. he had his natural bone claws cut off (how they will address that i dont know) but the rest of his skeleton is metal. aside from that you have iron in your blood that he can affect also

of course the claws grew back, but there wasnt any metal on them in the airport scene. that he cant regenerate

still metal in the rest of his hand... and forearms and elbow... and he might have had a metal watch on :D

PostPosted: Fri August 02, 2013 12:23 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

PostPosted: Fri August 02, 2013 3:12 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Peeps wrote:

That looks amazing. Great Job!!

Saw Wolverine last night....what a let down. A Wolverine movie without blood? Fuck that shit. It was better than the previous hideous movie; but this character is more violent that this. Jackman was good, but the dialogue,those two fucking annoying mariko and the other kid...fuck they ruined the movie for me. And i dont like what they did with Silver Samurai and Viper.

Still, the last scene was AMAZING. BRING X MEN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST !

PostPosted: Fri August 02, 2013 4:58 pm 
Rank This Poster

Peeps wrote:
i really think days of future past is going to be a grand slam walk off of the comic book movie genre

hopefully, but im not sure how its gonna play out

in the book, in the present day, alls good and katherine pryde comes back from the future to a young kitty to 'posess' her and tell everyone to stop an assassination

in this one, the future part (wolverine timeline) seems fine, but prof and magneto asked wolverine for help.. what is the setting for the trask commercials (wolverine or first class timeline).. i assume it would have to be present day around when the wolverine movie is happening

the whole shit starts with the assassination in the book and them going back in time to stop it.. well ovbiously it cant play out like that (assassination in first class time) bec all x1-3 and wolverine happened with no sentinel trouble..

PostPosted: Fri August 02, 2013 5:16 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

im not going to guess as to what the specifics of the plot is time travel wise but im sure it will work

PostPosted: Fri August 02, 2013 5:21 pm 
AnalLog

terrible design for the Sentinel.

looks like something from iRobot or Star Wars. really like the giant fan in its chest.

PostPosted: Fri August 02, 2013 6:00 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

For a minute I thought I was the only one who thought those robots look awful.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat August 03, 2013 2:34 am 
AnalLog

red calzolaio wrote:
terrible design for the Sentinel.

looks like something from iRobot or Star Wars. really like the giant fan in its chest.

theres going to be a lot of CGI over the robot, for starters
2nd... the original Sentinel designs, look, like theyre from the 60's... if they used those robots? theyd look so outdated and, like, ATAT's from Empire Strikes Back... how is that going to be cool to a new generation? :D

as for the plot
and if it will be an assassination in the past? it would work I Got Bugs...
Trask was starting his work in the past... someone gets assassinated by a Mutant... this grants his company funding... which builds the Trask company of the future that is about to finally unleash the Sentinel program on us. Basically the CURRENT time line, will play out as the FUTURE did in the books... I actually think this may play out similar to how "Wolverine and the X-men" cartoon series played out, with the 2 story lines happening at the same time...

PostPosted: Sat August 03, 2013 2:35 am 
AnalLog

oh, and Vinyl guy, the DVD for The Wolverine will be unrated/bloodier so...

PostPosted: Sun August 04, 2013 3:10 am 
jeeeesus relax already

MadTIGERmaN wrote:

yeah, i know...i wont watch it again though, i didnt quite liked the movie...it was a good setup for the new X men movie, but im still expecting something a lot different for this character...i get that Fox needs to make a pg13 movie and sells as many tickets as they can, but for this story, blood and violence were needed.

PostPosted: Sun August 04, 2013 4:38 pm 
Rank This Poster

sentinel in the pic is way too damn small

PostPosted: Sun August 04, 2013 8:36 pm 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:

yeah, i know...i wont watch it again though, i didnt quite liked the movie...it was a good setup for the new X men movie, but im still expecting something a lot different for this character...i get that Fox needs to make a pg13 movie and sells as many tickets as they can, but for this story, blood and violence were needed.

It actually followed the comic pretty good (emotionally and tone wise)
that particular Japan arc, wasnt overly graphic / bloody... and, I am glad that it appears Mangold followed almost a Lord of the Rings approach, leaving IN the acting, and chopping out the action...

PostPosted: Sun August 04, 2013 8:56 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:

It actually followed the comic pretty good (emotionally and tone wise)
that particular Japan arc, wasnt overly graphic / bloody... and, I am glad that it appears Mangold followed almost a Lord of the Rings approach, leaving IN the acting, and chopping out the action...

Well, i didnt like the acting at all. I love Jackman, but those japanese girls and Viper were hideous. And those scenes with Jackman and Mariko knowing each other were dull, really dull.

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 2:56 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Peeps wrote:
bune wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Stickman wrote:

of course the claws grew back, but there wasnt any metal on them in the airport scene. that he cant regenerate

Haven't seen the movie yet so I can't speak to that.

PostPosted: Sun August 18, 2013 8:08 pm 
AnalLog

Days of Futures Past wrapped principle shooting... for what thats worth.

Claremont was apparently consulted at some point as well, didnt have much say in what happened, but it sounded like they ran some thing by him to see if it works/makes sense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1300 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 65  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment