The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 65  Next
 Post subject: Re: X-men : Movies (and all other Mutant related things)
PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 10:11 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

hugh jackman genuinely comes across as a very grounded actor. luckily i have inside knowledge that in his every day life he is exactly like that, very personable and very much an every day guy

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 10:15 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Definitely has a sense of humility and genuine niceness about him. Based on what I've seen of his public appearances.

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 10:18 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

theplatypus wrote:
Definitely has a sense of humility and genuine niceness about him. Based on what I've seen of his public appearances.

my good friend was a nanny in NYC. her charges best friend happened to be hughs son. she said the first time she saw him she almost fainted he was so good looking and he just came up to her and wrapped his arm around and told it was ok

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 10:22 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

theplatypus wrote:

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 10:34 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
hahaha yeah, and they had what? 20 people? on stage???

It's bad enough to begin with, but when you have that many people on stage it's just terrible, especially when the moderator's making extra sure everybody gets to talk at least once (don't know if it happened on this one-- I couldn't watch much of it). The whole procedure is just so fucking stilted and awful and ugh. A movie I worked on also had a panel on Comic Con this year (obviously nowhere near as big as X Men) and I can't even bring myself to watch the video of it. Just the thought makes me cringe with anxiety.

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 10:45 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Also, from Patrick Stewart's Twitter:

Can anyone explain why Ellen Paige and Anna Paquin get a soapbox but Peter Dinklage doesn't?

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 11:13 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

theplatypus wrote:

Can anyone explain why Ellen Paige and Anna Paquin get a soapbox but Peter Dinklage doesn't?

Im getting exited about this movie. Also, The Wolverine is coming next week..really cool.

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 11:17 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

VinylGuy wrote:
Im getting exited about this movie.

Surprisingly, so am I.

And I say "surprisingly" only because I've never really cared about the X-Men that much. It sounds like they're trying something ambitious and cool.

PostPosted: Sun July 21, 2013 11:25 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

theplatypus wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Surprisingly, so am I.

And I say "surprisingly" only because I've never really cared about the X-Men that much. It sounds like they're trying something ambitious and cool.

well, im a big fan of the comics, specially some titles from the 80s and 90s. Chris Claremont basically wrote some of the best books i know.
And the first two movies were special; around that time to get a movie based in a comic book...it was more rare. The third one was specially bad though, but its really nice to see the whole cast going for it again.

PostPosted: Mon July 22, 2013 3:32 am 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:
theplatypus wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Surprisingly, so am I.

well, im a big fan of the comics, specially some titles from the 80s and 90s. Chris Claremont basically wrote some of the best books i know.
And the first two movies were special; around that time to get a movie based in a comic book...it was more rare. The third one was specially bad though, but its really nice to see the whole cast going for it again.

Hopefully Mark Millar did have a big hand in the script for this one... just the talent level in this movie, has me excited.
and theres a very strong possibility that Cyclops is back as well (but held out of the panel for obvious reasons) he was scene in Toronto during the filming, and, well there was no body in X-3... just the glasses were found.

and, I still like X-3... although they kill off half the cast... the team really pulled together in the end...
Halle/Storm was a lot better in 3 than the other 2 IMO

PostPosted: Mon July 22, 2013 1:50 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

theplatypus wrote:

Man, Iceman pops up everywhere. First he's in X-2, then Superman Returns, Warehouse 13, and now this? He's everywhere!

Spoiler: show
Yes, I know they are twins. That's the joke.

PostPosted: Mon July 22, 2013 2:13 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

theplatypus wrote:

If he didn't want everybody who ever talks or thinks about him to immediately focus on his height, he'd have changed his name from Dinklage.

Patrick has the best Twitter, though. Or, I guess, the only one I've ever actually seen.

PostPosted: Mon July 22, 2013 11:04 pm 
AnalLog

McParadigm wrote:
theplatypus wrote:

If he didn't want everybody who ever talks or thinks about him to immediately focus on his height, he'd have changed his name from Dinklage.

Patrick has the best Twitter, though. Or, I guess, the only one I've ever actually seen.

hahahahah nice pic, Hughs facebook page had a picture of Hugh posing with fans from set earlier this year... with Patrick photo bombing them in the back...

I just read a GREAT interview with Mangold... the INTERVIEWER pointed out that the trailers for this seem way too kid friendly, AND ITS NOT!
and The Wolverine will be unrated / bloodier for the DVD/Blueray release!

PostPosted: Mon July 22, 2013 11:51 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Tue July 23, 2013 1:15 am 
Mind Your Tanners

PostPosted: Tue July 23, 2013 1:30 am 
jeeeesus relax already

Stickman wrote:

i love those posters...about the Sentinels i just hope they are huge. Really big fucking robots.

PostPosted: Tue July 23, 2013 2:01 am 
AnalLog

VinylGuy wrote:

i love those posters...about the Sentinels i just hope they are huge. Really big fucking robots.

Ive seen a few people bitching about the Sentinals head...
its not going to look like that, its going to be CGI'd after all
and, if ya think about it, the original Sentinal design, is 50 years old... and was supposed to look futuristic. Well now were in the future, and have seen Terminator, Transformers, Robocop, and 1000 other robots... im okay with Singer giving it a more modern/futuristic design. AND they could still have the Mark 1 in the "First Class" era...

i just watched X-3 last night, and have a question... when Mystique gets hit with the "cure" why does her skin/hair change color back to "human" is her skin/hair color also a mutation? Her mutation is the ability to shape change... her skin color would be a different strand if ya ask me, no different than black, white, yellow, or red considering her kid is also blue (yeah im not serious haha... she should have aged though to an older lady... that would have been a nice touch to the source material if you were going to make her "human")

PostPosted: Tue July 23, 2013 2:27 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

im not 100% sure but her mutation made her blue skinned and red hair as her default state. since she lost the mutation she reverted to what her genes would have had her normally

i like that singer is back and have the highest of hopes for this movie.

i know x3 gets shit on and blame brett for its failings but i think FOX was more at fault than brett...instead of finding a director to work on this that wanted to continue singers vision they got a big name who would get it done fast so they wouldnt have to change the release date.

the story line was rushed but had singer done the same movie im sure it would have been more along the lines of astonishing xmen than what we saw

PostPosted: Tue July 23, 2013 9:46 pm 
AnalLog

Peeps wrote:
im not 100% sure but her mutation made her blue skinned and red hair as her default state. since she lost the mutation she reverted to what her genes would have had her normally

i like that singer is back and have the highest of hopes for this movie.

i know x3 gets shit on and blame brett for its failings but i think FOX was more at fault than brett...instead of finding a director to work on this that wanted to continue singers vision they got a big name who would get it done fast so they wouldnt have to change the release date.

the story line was rushed but had singer done the same movie im sure it would have been more along the lines of astonishing xmen than what we saw

thats a good theory on Mystique
Im not a huge Singer fan, but, I am glad hes back, for a few reasons, one, the cast LOVES him. As long as hes involved, Patrick, Ian, Hugh, Halle... pretty much all of them have said theyll do anything for the guy, and, he truely seems to love the universe... he may change things to his image/ideas... but he truly seems to enjoy the universe

PostPosted: Wed July 24, 2013 1:34 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1299 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 65  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment