Re: The all inclusive video game thread

Wed July 26, 2017 7:35 pm

Kirby's Air Ride was another favorite I still play once in a while

Wed July 26, 2017 7:52 pm

WalMart canceled my order. :?

Wed July 26, 2017 8:05 pm

Joesanity wrote:WalMart canceled my order. :?

Same. Kind of figured it would happen. I guess I'll just wait until I get an email from one of the other retailers.

Wed July 26, 2017 8:57 pm

I finally beat the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy last night. Great game, took me back to the halcyon days of the late 90s.

Re: Gamecube, fucking loved a lot of games on it but the controller was terrible. That Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask combo disc was my favorite, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Super Smash and Double Dash. Good times, though my cube broke like 10 years ago.

Wed July 26, 2017 8:59 pm

Jammer XCI wrote:I finally beat the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy last night. Great game, took me back to the halcyon days of the late 90s.

Re: Gamecube, fucking loved a lot of games on it but the controller was terrible. That Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask combo disc was my favorite, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Super Smash and Double Dash. Good times, though my cube broke like 10 years ago.

Wrong. You were probably an XBox "Duke" fan weren't you?

Wed July 26, 2017 9:26 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Jammer XCI wrote:I finally beat the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy last night. Great game, took me back to the halcyon days of the late 90s.

Hell fuckin' no.

Playstation controller master race son.

Wed July 26, 2017 9:43 pm

Jammer XCI wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Hell fuckin' no.

PS2 controller is ok, but they really didn't get it right until the Dualshock 4 in terms of hand comfort.

Wed July 26, 2017 10:58 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Jammer XCI wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Hell fuckin' no.

PS2 controller is ok, but they really didn't get it right until the Dualshock 4 in terms of hand comfort.

Yep, totally agree. I went from PS2 to the Xbox 360, then on to PS4. I was a little worried about getting used to the PS controller again, however it instantly felt natural and balanced.

Wed July 26, 2017 11:31 pm

The PS2 controller was one of the worst ever, IMO.

Wed July 26, 2017 11:51 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:The PS2 controller was one of the worst ever, IMO.

The nubs at the bottom weren't long enough.

Thu July 27, 2017 1:30 am

GameCube is the only console I own.

Thu July 27, 2017 1:46 am

chewm wrote:GameCube is the only console I own.

My boys have the 1st gen Wii that has the GC control ports and can play GC discs. It's also modded with a tonne of emulators and games from 8bit through to GC (inc N64).

It's a glorious little system.

Thu July 27, 2017 2:11 am

Anybody play that 8 bit shovel knight game??

Thu July 27, 2017 2:58 am

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
chewm wrote:GameCube is the only console I own.

My boys have the 1st gen Wii that has the GC control ports and can play GC discs. It's also modded with a tonne of emulators and games from 8bit through to GC (inc N64).

It's a glorious little system.

Yes, I played a shit ton of GameCube still on my Wii.

Thu July 27, 2017 2:58 am

i got bugs wrote:Anybody play that 8 bit shovel knight game??

Yes, it is terrific.

Thu July 27, 2017 4:02 am

Monkey_Driven wrote:

Yes, it is terrific.

Might dl, kinda looks like a combination of castlevania and mario

Thu July 27, 2017 4:46 am

i got bugs wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

Yes, it is terrific.

Might dl, kinda looks like a combination of castlevania and mario

And DuckTales.

Fri July 28, 2017 8:35 am

Sega Genesis Flashback and Atari Flashback are available for preorder at BestBuy.com and Target.com.

Fri July 28, 2017 9:02 am

Apparently the Atari Flashback is having new games developed for it, as well as emulated classics. Which sounds awesome.

I'm just not sure of which of their consoles it's going to be emulating. Anyone know yet?

Fri July 28, 2017 10:55 am

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:Apparently the Atari Flashback is having new games developed for it, as well as emulated classics. Which sounds awesome.

I'm just not sure of which of their consoles it's going to be emulating. Anyone know yet?

Too bad Atari games mostly suck.
Topic locked