The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274 ... 336  Next
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 6:42 pm 
Production Police

Whoa, you guys seen the Hyperkin Supaboy? It's a portable SNES system that plays cartridges:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQGDA06/?k ... Bb%7Cdeals

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 7:04 pm 
Champion of RM

There's portable NES, SNES and Genesis systems. All kinda meh from what I hear.

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 7:07 pm 
Champion of RM

For those of you that still play their N64, there's a sweet modernized controller on Kickstarter for only $20. It reminds me of the Switch pro controller.

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 7:30 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

tragabigzanda wrote:
Whoa, you guys seen the Hyperkin Supaboy? It's a portable SNES system that plays cartridges:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQGDA06/?k ... Bb%7Cdeals

I bought one of those about 4 years ago. Pretty handy because you can also hook up to tv

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 7:31 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Just saw the Pikmin game for the DS is out

I hear it is ok at best.

Apparently they are developing Pikmin 4 for Switch, I'll wait for that

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 11:45 pm 
slower than 82% of US

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Just saw the Pikmin game for the DS is out

I hear it is ok at best.

Apparently they are developing Pikmin 4 for Switch, I'll wait for that

ruddo, i'll buy a switch when the pokemon game comes out for it. we should battle each other

PostPosted: Sun August 13, 2017 11:49 pm 

I said Pikmin not pokemon

PostPosted: Mon August 14, 2017 7:44 pm 
Champion of RM

2DS / 3DS question - is Link Between Worlds great enough to warrant the purchase of the system? Are there any other must play games?

PostPosted: Mon August 14, 2017 7:53 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

CopperTom wrote:
2DS / 3DS question - is Link Between Worlds great enough to warrant the purchase of the system? Are there any other must play games?

It's one of the best games I've ever played.....but its also the only DS game I've ever really loved. Most of them I lose interest.

Last edited by bada on Mon August 14, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon August 14, 2017 7:53 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:

Depends on what you like to play. You can buy a 2DS for pretty cheap these days. I bet Black Friday will have killer bundles too.

PostPosted: Mon August 14, 2017 8:17 pm 
Champion of RM

bada wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

It's one of the best games I've ever played.....but its also the only DS game I've ever really loved. Most of them I lose interest.

I thought Phantom Hourglass was great, it felt like an extension of WW. I thought Spirit Tracks fell flat, though. Is LBW better than those two?

PostPosted: Mon August 14, 2017 8:19 pm 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Depends on what you like to play. You can buy a 2DS for pretty cheap these days. I bet Black Friday will have killer bundles too.

The New 2DS XL price is low enough for me. The bundles are probably crappie accessories and games I won't play.

PostPosted: Mon August 14, 2017 9:07 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

The New 2DS XL price is low enough for me. The bundles are probably crappie accessories and games I won't play.

I'd say go for it. Plenty of quality titles, both first and third party.

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2017 12:07 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Which gaming headsets do you guys use? Do you use one that supports surround on both PS4 and PC?

After a shitload of review reading and research, I ended up pulling the trigger on S version of this one:

www.hyperxgaming.com/en/headsets/cloud- ... ng-headset

Got a damn good deal, with an ebay store that had it on sale and I had a 20% of coupon code. Now we play the waiting game.

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2017 12:15 am 
Production Police

What do you play on PS4 sarge?

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2017 1:32 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

tragabigzanda wrote:
What do you play on PS4 sarge?

I'm giving Just Cause 3 a go at the moment, not a bad freebie this month on the PS store :).

I'm also about a quarter of the way into Horizon Zero Dawn (I think the new headset will really shine in this game).

GTA 5 is something I go back to every so often, for a bit of fun and destructive mayhem. (FPS shooters and story/adventure games ala Uncharted, TLOU, Horizon, etc. are my main areas of enjoyment).

How bout yourself?

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2017 1:35 am 
Production Police

Lately its Shadow of Mordor, Battlefield 1, and Rocket League. I'll try JC3 once I beat Mordor. I'm REALLY excited for Far Cry 5 this fall.

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2017 3:12 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

tragabigzanda wrote:
Battlefield 1

I have enjoyed this one, but haven't gotten back to it in a while. Do you have the season pass? Has there been anything added in the last few months that are worth a look?

tragabigzanda wrote:
I'm REALLY excited for Far Cry 5 this fall.

Same here. That does look really good.

Days Gone does look amazingly good as well. I love me some zombie scare/survival games.

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2017 5:35 am 
Production Police

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Battlefield 1

I have enjoyed this one, but haven't gotten back to it in a while. Do you have the season pass? Has there been anything added in the last few months that are worth a look?

They've definitely added some great new stuff: fun levels (Neville Nights is awesome), new weapons that you have to grind like a bastard for. I'd say 1/4 of them are worth the grind. But if you're a casual player, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

What IS exciting to me is the constant tweaks and updates they've done, and how solid the game is now. They've tinkered quite a bit, playing around with minor game mechanics, plus server stuff. Unlike Star Wars Battlefront (same devs and publisher), which launched as a half-finished game and then had horrible support throughout, BF1 was really strong out of the gate and they've taken great care to build what I believe will go down as a legacy title. It's very stable and fair now, and apart from the occasional wonky server issue, game are pretty well balanced. It seems like the player base has dropped a fair amount over the last couple months, but I'm still always able to find a full match. This is the first BF game I've played, and I'd say I'm pretty dedicated (I even lurk on the reddit site), and I think this game will still have a strong player base in a couple more years.

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
Days Gone does look amazingly good as well. I love me some zombie scare/survival games.

I mostly hate the genre, but this game looks AWESOME. Like they combined the heart and fear of Last of Us with a more fluid gameplay mechanic like Uncharted or Far Cry. I'm way into this one.

PostPosted: Wed August 16, 2017 2:22 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Battlefield 1

They've definitely added some great new stuff: fun levels (Neville Nights is awesome), new weapons that you have to grind like a bastard for. I'd say 1/4 of them are worth the grind. But if you're a casual player, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

What IS exciting to me is the constant tweaks and updates they've done, and how solid the game is now. They've tinkered quite a bit, playing around with minor game mechanics, plus server stuff. Unlike Star Wars Battlefront (same devs and publisher), which launched as a half-finished game and then had horrible support throughout, BF1 was really strong out of the gate and they've taken great care to build what I believe will go down as a legacy title. It's very stable and fair now, and apart from the occasional wonky server issue, game are pretty well balanced. It seems like the player base has dropped a fair amount over the last couple months, but I'm still always able to find a full match. This is the first BF game I've played, and I'd say I'm pretty dedicated (I even lurk on the reddit site), and I think this game will still have a strong player base in a couple more years.

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:

I mostly hate the genre, but this game looks AWESOME. Like they combined the heart and fear of Last of Us with a more fluid gameplay mechanic like Uncharted or Far Cry. I'm way into this one.

I need to play Battlefield One more. Maybe with a friend or too. :wave:

Days Gone is intriguing to me. I'm getting a Walking Dead vibe from it right now which is not a good thing. I need to see more gameplay. I'm sure it will be good, if not great.

I've been playing the Last of Us' multiplayer the last week or so. It is my jam. Biding my time before Uncharted: Lost Legacy next week. Love that UC4's multiplayer is included.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 268, 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274 ... 336  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games