The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321 ... 336  Next
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Tue March 13, 2018 3:03 pm 
Future Drummer

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I don't remember the last time I bought a new videogame. This medium is being wasted.

Have you played Inside or MGSV?

PostPosted: Tue March 13, 2018 3:03 pm 
The Master

Orpheus wrote:
Considering I am still being wowed by a game from 2015, I am going to say games are doing pretty well. I love my PS4 and I doubt I will ever run out of awesome things to play for it.

I truly believe the PS4 will go down as one of the best consoles of all time when it's all said and done, judging by the catalog so far and what's to come. Too bad many of the games will be close to unplayable when the servers go down.

PostPosted: Tue March 13, 2018 3:06 pm 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
Considering I am still being wowed by a game from 2015, I am going to say games are doing pretty well. I love my PS4 and I doubt I will ever run out of awesome things to play for it.

I truly believe the PS4 will go down as one of the best consoles of all time when it's all said and done, judging by the catalog so far and what's to come. Too bad many of the games will be close to unplayable when the servers go down.

Yep. PS+ has also been a massive success, at least for me. It's gotten me to try and love a few things I didn't think I'd like.

PostPosted: Tue March 13, 2018 3:28 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
I don't remember the last time I bought a new videogame. This medium is being wasted.

2017 was probably the best year in video games in 20 years.

I just want different things from videogames than most people, I guess. I feel like all their potential is being squandered on repetitive, uninspired mediocrity.

So, you played Horizon, Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Wolfenstein II, Persona 5, etc. last year?

No. That's kind of the point. None of those games excite me enough to even want to try them.

What exactly are you looking for? Each game I mentioned took an established genre/series and expanded upon it in unique and surprising ways. Each was a joy to play.

That's not even mentioning some of the innovative/imaginative work being done on the indie scene.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I WANT ANYMORE

Did you try The Witness?

PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 11:41 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Orpheus wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Have you played Inside?

LV definitely needs to play Inside. It really scratched that LIMBO itch for me.

PostPosted: Wed March 14, 2018 12:41 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Peeps wrote:
im considering either an xbox one x or a ps4

give me some pros and cons for both

Playstation all the way, Jerry. Way the fuck better in terms of exclusives.

PostPosted: Thu March 15, 2018 1:39 am 
AnalLog

Speaking of upcoming games, surprisingly sounds like next Tomb Raider game may release in Sep this year. I was expecting more like summer 19 so this is awesome. Should be an official reveal of some sort tomorrow. Add that to the list of games to be excited for if you're a fan of Uncharted games...

PostPosted: Thu March 15, 2018 2:48 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I haven't played anything in a long time, but that's because they just take up too much time. I'm often tempted, though.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Thu March 15, 2018 11:33 am 
Champion of RM

Revelator wrote:
Speaking of upcoming games, surprisingly sounds like next Tomb Raider game may release in Sep this year. I was expecting more like summer 19 so this is awesome. Should be an official reveal of some sort tomorrow. Add that to the list of games to be excited for if you're a fan of Uncharted games...

Same coat of paint. Very different games. Uncharted is pure action. Tomb Raider is adventure.

PostPosted: Fri March 16, 2018 1:54 am 
AnalLog

CopperTom wrote:
Revelator wrote:

Same coat of paint. Very different games. Uncharted is pure action. Tomb Raider is adventure.

Good point, both great/worth playing nonetheless!

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/15/17123 ... one-ps4-pc

PostPosted: Fri March 16, 2018 2:17 am 
Champion of RM

Revelator wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Revelator wrote:

Good point, both great/worth playing nonetheless!

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/15/17123 ... one-ps4-pc

Definitely. This next game will conclude the origin trilogy. Bummer. I fear that the post-origin-trilogy game will be a step backwards no matter what.

PostPosted: Fri March 16, 2018 3:48 am 
The Master

I was so excited to play Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4 a year after it was released on XBox One. I thought it was good, not great.

I'll play this new one, but I'll try not to set my expectations too high.

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 7:47 pm 
Production Police

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Nearly finished with this book. The writing is very pedestrian, but the story is excellent. Really looking forward to this movie.

Super minor spoiler:

Spoiler: show
I hope they get the deluxe haptic suite/Shaptic chair that Parcival buys after he becomes famous just right. It looks so cool in my head, I am curious to see how Speilberg realizes it on the screen.

My review as well.

I was thinking of you when I read about Parcival's new haptic rig, thinking "oh man, I wonder if MD has read this? It sounds amazing and so close to a reality." 8-)

You getting Far Cry next week?

Heck yeah! Though my enthusiasm has wained a bit. I'm definitely excited for the co-op mode and map editor; but then I have a lot less time for gaming these days, plus all the gameplay vids I've seen are making the entire campaign look fairly one-note.

I just pre-ordered my copy. I'm in between games at the moment and this setting has me interested. I've read/seen very little of the game so far.

Maybe some co-op in the future??

Would absolutely love to. And I wonder to what extent one can jump between co-op and single player? If it's like FC4, then I could join your campaign, but any progress/rewards would only count towards your character/campaign (and vice versa).

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 8:08 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Nearly finished with this book. The writing is very pedestrian, but the story is excellent. Really looking forward to this movie.

Super minor spoiler:

Spoiler: show
I hope they get the deluxe haptic suite/Shaptic chair that Parcival buys after he becomes famous just right. It looks so cool in my head, I am curious to see how Speilberg realizes it on the screen.

My review as well.

I was thinking of you when I read about Parcival's new haptic rig, thinking "oh man, I wonder if MD has read this? It sounds amazing and so close to a reality." 8-)

You getting Far Cry next week?

Heck yeah! Though my enthusiasm has wained a bit. I'm definitely excited for the co-op mode and map editor; but then I have a lot less time for gaming these days, plus all the gameplay vids I've seen are making the entire campaign look fairly one-note.

I just pre-ordered my copy. I'm in between games at the moment and this setting has me interested. I've read/seen very little of the game so far.

Maybe some co-op in the future??

Would absolutely love to. And I wonder to what extent one can jump between co-op and single player? If it's like FC4, then I could join your campaign, but any progress/rewards would only count towards your character/campaign (and vice versa).

I think it is similar in this version. I thought I heard that in a podcast.

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 9:03 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Dammit. I don't have a PS4 but Burnout Paradise is only $30 today.

(It's also $30 for the Bone if you're into that)

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 9:36 pm 
The Master

I am beyond hyped for Captain Toad Treasure Tracker on the Switch. I missed out on the Wii U version.

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 9:49 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Those were almost my favorite levels in Super Mario 3D World, especially when you turn the gyro on and you have to spin around and around to get all the stars.

I wish the Nintendo tax wasn't a thing and the game was a little cheaper, I'd buy it for the Wii U right now.

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 9:53 pm 
The Master

bune wrote:
Those were almost my favorite levels in Super Mario 3D World, especially when you turn the gyro on and you have to spin around and around to get all the stars.

I wish the Nintendo tax wasn't a thing and the game was a little cheaper, I'd buy it for the Wii U right now.

I need to go back and revisit 3D World. That game was overlooked.

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 10:11 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

We love playing together, all three of us. We beat the game and started it over because none of us were good enough for the bonus levels but we like the game so much. We also play the New Super Mario Bros Wii U though that one isn't as forgiving if you get in someones way.

PostPosted: Mon March 19, 2018 10:14 pm 
Rank This Poster

Finally got on board the fortnite train

It's actually better than I expected, and it's free so why not

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 315, 316, 317, 318, 319, 320, 321 ... 336  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games