The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298 ... 300  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Fri November 10, 2017 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9933
Location: Mizzou
I sent Joey a friend request last night. I hope he accepts.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 1:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 7742
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bada wrote:
Amazon only seems to have the PS4 Trooper Edition in stock for physical. :?


That seems to be happening more and more (happened with the two NBA games this season too). I've started to buy new games from Best Buy instead of Amazon since Amazon starting charging sales tax. Both save 20% off new games, but the Gamers Club Unlocked card pays for itself after three pre-orders with a $10 gift card kickback.



I keep expecting Best Buy to go belly up so I've always held of on their Gamers Club. Maybe I should take the plunge.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 1:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Worst Moderator
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:48 pm
Posts: 44587
Just finished Hey Pikmin!. I recommend for a fun, easy play

_________________
Clouuuuds Rolll byyy...BANG BANG BANG BANG


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 6:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
I'll probably just wait for this sale to go live next Friday for Battlefront 2.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11 ... -revealed/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 7:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9933
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
I'll probably just wait for this sale to go live next Friday for Battlefront 2.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11 ... -revealed/


I doubt Battlefront 2 will be one of those. I may be wrong but I haven't seen any Black Friday deals for it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 7:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31281
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Yeah I think BF2 is too new to get a BF deal already.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 12:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 7833
Location: Franklin, MA
My only problem with Battlefront 1 was how when they patched the game they basically made it a completely different game strategically. I'm hoping they've found a happy medium with 2.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 670
numbers wrote:
My only problem with Battlefront 1 was how when they patched the game they basically made it a completely different game strategically. I'm hoping they've found a happy medium with 2.

How so? I played the beta and it was terribly imbalanced (walker assault on Hoth was at least, but that kind of makes sense) but then I didn’t actually buy the game until a year later and it seemed to be a lot more balanced - except for the heroes, but it sounds like they’ve addressed that issue. What did I miss in that first year or so?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
mf wrote:
numbers wrote:
My only problem with Battlefront 1 was how when they patched the game they basically made it a completely different game strategically. I'm hoping they've found a happy medium with 2.

How so? I played the beta and it was terribly imbalanced (walker assault on Hoth was at least, but that kind of makes sense) but then I didn’t actually buy the game until a year later and it seemed to be a lot more balanced - except for the heroes, but it sounds like they’ve addressed that issue. What did I miss in that first year or so?

They did a lot of buffs/nerfs as time went on, but I think the biggest change was that after a while, a lot of the casual players moved on, while people who really wanted to compete stuck around.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 4:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 7742
tragabigzanda wrote:
I'll probably just wait for this sale to go live next Friday for Battlefront 2.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11 ... -revealed/



For $200 I might grab another PS4.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 6:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I'll probably just wait for this sale to go live next Friday for Battlefront 2.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11 ... -revealed/


I doubt Battlefront 2 will be one of those. I may be wrong but I haven't seen any Black Friday deals for it.


LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Yeah I think BF2 is too new to get a BF deal already.


Yeah, you guys are right. Here's an updated link with the games listed:
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11 ... ion-store/

But they do mention other Flash Sales, so I'm still going to hold out hope that they'll at least do like a 10% discount on the game for the holiday or something.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31281
Location: this field intentionally left blank
Even though I didn't like the last one, I might grab Wolfenstein II on BF. Best Buy has it for $25.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 6:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 17849
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Even though I didn't like the last one, I might grab Wolfenstein II on BF. Best Buy has it for $25.

You didn't like The New Order, or The Old Blood? I loved TNO, but heard TOB was no bueno.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 31281
Location: this field intentionally left blank
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Even though I didn't like the last one, I might grab Wolfenstein II on BF. Best Buy has it for $25.

You didn't like The New Order, or The Old Blood? I loved TNO, but heard TOB was no bueno.

Jesus, I didn't realize there were so many. I played TNO. I have trouble with FPS games that lack polish.

_________________
Kevin Davis wrote:
Bullshit, I am delightful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 6:59 pm 
Offline
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:24 pm
Posts: 670
tragabigzanda wrote:
mf wrote:
numbers wrote:
My only problem with Battlefront 1 was how when they patched the game they basically made it a completely different game strategically. I'm hoping they've found a happy medium with 2.

How so? I played the beta and it was terribly imbalanced (walker assault on Hoth was at least, but that kind of makes sense) but then I didn’t actually buy the game until a year later and it seemed to be a lot more balanced - except for the heroes, but it sounds like they’ve addressed that issue. What did I miss in that first year or so?

They did a lot of buffs/nerfs as time went on, but I think the biggest change was that after a while, a lot of the casual players moved on, while people who really wanted to compete stuck around.

Ahh yeah I could see the casual players dropping off. I think there was probably a spike of new players around the time that I came back on board due to a major price drop and some free weekends on the DLC, but it’s definitely back to the hardcore players again now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sat November 11, 2017 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9933
Location: Mizzou
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I'll probably just wait for this sale to go live next Friday for Battlefront 2.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/11 ... -revealed/


I doubt Battlefront 2 will be one of those. I may be wrong but I haven't seen any Black Friday deals for it.


LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Yeah I think BF2 is too new to get a BF deal already.


Yeah, you guys are right. Here's an updated link with the games listed:
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11 ... ion-store/

But they do mention other Flash Sales, so I'm still going to hold out hope that they'll at least do like a 10% discount on the game for the holiday or something.


They might.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sun November 12, 2017 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Posts: 1994
They just added TMNT as dlc for injustice n the Internet exploded


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sun November 12, 2017 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 9933
Location: Mizzou
Up to 400 moons in Mario with no online guides so far. Still 500+ to go.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sun November 12, 2017 7:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 7742
Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures on SNES is so fun.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Sun November 12, 2017 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Mind Your Tanners
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 8819
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Up to 400 moons in Mario with no online guides so far. Still 500+ to go.


630 with no guides here. Very fun.

_________________
emanon wrote:
I think I either need to drink less to become more alert, or more so as not to care.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6000 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 292, 293, 294, 295, 296, 297, 298 ... 300  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: koopee27 and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue November 21, 2017 11:50 am