The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288 ... 336  Next
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Tue October 10, 2017 3:39 pm 
The Master

That being said, the gameplay loop of parachuting troopers, Jeeps, and animals into the sky never gets old.

PostPosted: Tue October 10, 2017 3:56 pm 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Most of the missions I ran in in MSG V started in pure stealth but ended in all out gunfights.

I wish it wasn't quite so unforgiving. When I found out that enemies wake up after being tranqued/choked out I was so pissed. I know it's more realistic but it ups my stress level 1000%.

PostPosted: Tue October 10, 2017 3:56 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Monkey_Driven wrote:
That being said, the gameplay loop of parachuting troopers, Jeeps, and animals into the sky never gets old.

gotta catch em all!

PostPosted: Tue October 10, 2017 3:58 pm 
Future Drummer

Mecca wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

gotta catch em all!

I am looking forward to getting that thing, it's pretty funny.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 12:34 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
Most of the missions I ran in in MSG V started in pure stealth but ended in all out gunfights.

this was me too. near the end though i got pretty good at figuring out how to stealth my way through most missions.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 2:16 pm 
The Master

mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

this was me too. near the end though i got pretty good at figuring out how to stealth my way through most missions.

Yeah, especially once you get a bunch of tranquilizers and upgrade your Fulton device.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 4:14 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Nintendo Just Registered A New Game Boy Trademark In Japan

I don't think I could forgive them a portable mini when the Switch is right there. The S/NES classics worked because of their form factor and nostalgia but how do you make a mini GB that will end up being something else for a person to carry?

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 4:35 pm 
The Master

bune wrote:

I don't think I could forgive them a portable mini when the Switch is right there. The S/NES classics worked because of their form factor and nostalgia but how do you make a mini GB that will end up being something else for a person to carry?

Switch needs a left JoyCon with an actual D-pad before they release Virtual Console games. A backlit Game Boy/Game Boy Color Classic would be legit.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:01 pm 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
bune wrote:

Switch needs a left JoyCon with an actual D-pad before they release Virtual Console games. A backlit Game Boy/Game Boy Color Classic would be legit.

So $80 to play Tetris?

Spoiler: show
SIGN ME UP!

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:14 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bune wrote:

So $80 to play Tetris?

SIGN ME UP!

Tetris and Pokemon.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 8:57 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bune wrote:

So $80 to play Tetris?

SIGN ME UP!

Depends on how far they go. If it's GB/C/A then Mario Kart Advance would be great.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 9:29 pm 
The Master

bune wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
bune wrote:

So $80 to play Tetris?

SIGN ME UP!

Depends on how far they go. If it's GB/C/A then Mario Kart Advance would be great.

I would love if it was a GB/GBC/GBA love child. Unfortunately, knowing Nintendo, they'll probably space it out. I never had a GBC or GBA so I missed out on a lot of great games.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 9:58 pm 
Production Police

MSG V: Tactical Hospital Bed Inactivity

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 10:05 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:

Told you. Need to allot an hour or two.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 10:25 pm 
Production Police

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Told you. Need to allot an hour or two.

Ugh, so much crawling and there is a perfectly good wheelchair just sitting right there in the hallway

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 10:43 pm 
slower than 82% of US

i loved that part so so much

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 11:03 pm 
Production Police

I understand that making sense has never been the metal gear series' strong suit, but this is ridiculous. Pretty dang fun though.

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 11:19 pm 
Production Police

OK, so I finally finished the prologue for MGS5. My question is: how much of an open world is his game? For example, now that I am in the Afghanistan desert, revolver ocelot wants me to head to this waypoint on the map and rescue some guy, but of course there are all these other spots already identified on the map (supply drops, guard outposts). Am I free to go check them out, or do I pretty much have to stay on rails? If I try to go and do something else rather than complete the mission objective, am I going to screw up the storyline?

PostPosted: Wed October 11, 2017 11:23 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
OK, so I finally finished the prologue for MGS5. My question is: how much of an open world is his game? For example, now that I am in the Afghanistan desert, revolver ocelot wants me to head to this waypoint on the map and rescue some guy, but of course there are all these other spots already identified on the map (supply drops, guard outposts). Am I free to go check them out, or do I pretty much have to stay on rails? If I try to go and do something else rather than complete the mission objective, am I going to screw up the storyline?

If my memory serves me correctly it operates as any open world does. The missions/side missions are definitely the bulk of the game however.

PostPosted: Thu October 12, 2017 2:35 am 
Future Drummer

tragabigzanda wrote:

From what I understand it's an open world with some interconnected parts and a learning AI. The last thing I did was take out a communications post and it said that certain things I blew up would prevent future anti-aircraft fire, make them radioing each other harder, etc.

I had a pretty funny part where I got in a gunfight at a guardpost near dawn, killed everyone, and then the game let me know that guard shifts change when the day changes. On cue a new truck of enemies rolls up, sees the dead bodies, and as they're freaking out and radioing from the truck I shoot them through the windows. It was kinda great and really unexpected from other stealth games I've played.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288 ... 336  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games