The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265 ... 336  Next
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 2:41 am 
Rank This Poster

How is the new tekken?? I may pick it up when I'm done injustice

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 2:58 am 
Production Police

Shadow of Mordor is $4 on the PS store, so I went for it.

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 3:29 am 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:

Nice!

PostPosted: Wed June 28, 2017 11:34 am 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Nice!

damn. that is a no-brainer price

PostPosted: Thu June 29, 2017 3:13 am 
Future Drummer

i got bugs wrote:
Which tomb raider??

The Definitive Edition of the 2013 game. It's like Uncharted but way better. Loved the hub structure, the upgrading system, and one of my favorite video game rifles ever. Rise of the Tomb Raider is supposed to be a lot better too, so I'm looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Thu June 29, 2017 3:54 pm 
Production Police

Played through the prologue of Shadow of Mordor last night. I'm definitely into this game, I think it could be lots of fun...But the control scheme is atrocious, and you're not allowed to alter it at all. Why are some devs still not allowing this?!

PostPosted: Thu June 29, 2017 3:55 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Played through the prologue of Shadow of Mordor last night. I'm definitely into this game, I think it could be lots of fun...But the control scheme is atrocious, and you're not allowed to alter it at all. Why are some devs still not allowing this?!

It's been years since I played it, what exactly about the scheme do you not like?

PostPosted: Thu June 29, 2017 3:57 pm 
Production Police

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

It's been years since I played it, what exactly about the scheme do you not like?

Pressing X to run, for one; isn't L3 like the standard run button now?
And having to press R1 before grabbing an enemy is super clunky to me; feels like a real square button sort of move.

PostPosted: Thu June 29, 2017 4:19 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

And having to press R1 before grabbing an enemy is super clunky to me; feels like a real square button sort of move.

I dunno, shoulder buttons are usually grabs with fighting games. The run button mapping is odd though. It is the same for Breath of the Wild. Took awhile to get used to it.

PostPosted: Thu June 29, 2017 4:51 pm 
Production Police

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I dunno, shoulder buttons are usually grabs with fighting games. The run button mapping is odd though. It is the same for Breath of the Wild. Took awhile to get used to it.

Ah, see I have yet to play a fighting game on PS4, and just spent a few minutes with Assassin's Creed at my buddies -- have not played any other brawlers/hack n' slashers.

PostPosted: Thu June 29, 2017 4:52 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Ah, see I have yet to play a fighting game on PS4, and just spent a few minutes with Assassin's Creed at my buddies -- have not played any other brawlers/hack n' slashers.

I agree, all games should have customizable control schemes.

PostPosted: Thu June 29, 2017 4:56 pm 
I Have A Third Nipple

BurtReynolds wrote:
remember Mutant League Football on Genesis? I loved that game.

Was always a bigger fan of Mutant League Hockey.

PostPosted: Fri June 30, 2017 12:14 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Yeah they should be customizable for sure. The only reason i can think, is that during the course of the game you learn lots of moves and combos/multipliers, so maybe having the X button for run somehow facilitates some of those running combo moves better than L3? It's been a couple years since i played it as well, though i don't recall finding it clunky. Just one of those games that you have to get used to cause it doesn't follow the standard mapping layout...also making it a pain when you want to switch between games.

PostPosted: Fri June 30, 2017 1:29 pm 
The Master

mf wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

Yeah they should be customizable for sure. The only reason i can think, is that during the course of the game you learn lots of moves and combos/multipliers, so maybe having the X button for run somehow facilitates some of those running combo moves better than L3? It's been a couple years since i played it as well, though i don't recall finding it clunky. Just one of those games that you have to get used to cause it doesn't follow the standard mapping layout...also making it a pain when you want to switch between games.

Yeah, maybe it is better for combos.

PostPosted: Sat July 01, 2017 12:53 am 
Champion of RM

It feels good to return to Hyrule. Ahhhhh. :D

PostPosted: Sat July 01, 2017 4:52 pm 
The Master

I just beat Breath of the Wild last night. Can't wait to dive back in and just explore more with the DLC.

PostPosted: Sun July 02, 2017 5:19 am 
Future Drummer

Monkey_Driven wrote:
I just beat Breath of the Wild last night. Can't wait to dive back in and just explore more with the DLC.

I'm pretty sure this would be one of my favorite games ever if I had the right system for it.

PostPosted: Sun July 02, 2017 6:01 am 
The Master

Orpheus wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

I'm pretty sure this would be one of my favorite games ever if I had the right system for it.

It has honestly been years since I last played an open world game that I could play for hours without feeling the need to do a single quest or mission. So many lovely puzzles and hidden treasures. This and Horizon are easily my games of the year for the first half.

PostPosted: Tue July 04, 2017 4:16 pm 
Champion of RM

I beat all of the new Zelda DLC. Trial of the Sword was very good - I only died once and I had an inventory full of food. I proudly beat the final trial on my first try. Who knew Guardian Arrows one hit Lynels? I sure didn't. I only shot 2 throughout my entire main playthrough. The gear quests could have been better. The Korok Mask is helpful to say the least. It just shows how incredible the players who found all 900 without the mask are. Some of these are so overlookable. I had 388 before I found the Korok Mask. I can't wait until December and DLC2!

PostPosted: Tue July 04, 2017 4:49 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
I beat all of the new Zelda DLC. Trial of the Sword was very good - I only died once and I had an inventory full of food. I proudly beat the final trial on my first try. Who knew Guardian Arrows one hit Lynels? I sure didn't. I only shot 2 throughout my entire main playthrough. The gear quests could have been better. The Korok Mask is helpful to say the least. It just shows how incredible the players who found all 900 without the mask are. Some of these are so overlookable. I had 388 before I found the Korok Mask. I can't wait until December and DLC2!

I'm taking my time with it. I think I will try the Trial of the Sword sometime this week. Did you try the Hard Mode yet?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265 ... 336  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games