The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304 ... 336  Next
 Post subject: Re: The all inclusive video game thread
PostPosted: Thu November 23, 2017 12:03 pm 
Champion of RM

Target.com Black Friday deals are live. I bought 5 games - LotR, South Park, Uncharted, Gears of War 4 and Watch Dogs. The only Black Friday game I'm still looking for is Mass Effect.

PostPosted: Thu November 23, 2017 12:13 pm 
Champion of RM

I got it at Best Buy. I think I'm done.

PostPosted: Thu November 23, 2017 12:22 pm 
The Beef

Pretty much all the games in my Steam wishlist are on sale, but I forced myself to only get Prey and Dishonored: Death of the outsider. Dunno how I'm going to find time in between work and studying to play 'em, but they were bargains. BARGAINS, I tells ya.

PostPosted: Fri November 24, 2017 3:26 pm 
Rank This Poster

Is the newest tekken any good?? It's like 25 bucks

Lol originally my phone autocorrected tekken to teen

PostPosted: Fri November 24, 2017 4:45 pm 
The Master

Got a bunch of good deals this week. Couldn't pass up Wolfenstein II for $25.

PostPosted: Fri November 24, 2017 8:38 pm 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
Up to 400 moons in Mario with no online guides so far. Still 500+ to go.

630 with no guides here. Very fun.

Absolutely. I love the platforming areas after the story is over.

802 and still no guides.

Wow, good work. I plan to play a lot when I bring the Switch back home for Thanksgiving. I'm around 500 right now.

929 and still no guides.

PostPosted: Fri November 24, 2017 8:57 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

802 and still no guides.

Wow, good work. I plan to play a lot when I bring the Switch back home for Thanksgiving. I'm around 500 right now.

929 and still no guides.

Have you bought all the moons yet?

PostPosted: Fri November 24, 2017 11:27 pm 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

802 and still no guides.

929 and still no guides.

No, not all of the 10 packs.

PostPosted: Fri November 24, 2017 11:43 pm 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

802 and still no guides.

929 and still no guides.

Yeah, I'm saving those for last. Is there a moon for having all the outfits too?

PostPosted: Sat November 25, 2017 12:34 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

CopperTom wrote:
Target.com Black Friday deals are live. I bought 5 games - LotR, South Park, Uncharted, Gears of War 4 and Watch Dogs. The only Black Friday game I'm still looking for is Mass Effect.

I managed to score Mass Effect and also Uncharted Lost Legacy. Mass Effect is amazing so far, well worth more than the $20 I paid for it.

PostPosted: Sat November 25, 2017 12:37 am 
The Master

Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

I managed to score Mass Effect and also Uncharted Lost Legacy. Mass Effect is amazing so far, well worth more than the $20 I paid for it.

Which one?

PostPosted: Sat November 25, 2017 1:21 am 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

802 and still no guides.

929 and still no guides.

Yeah, I'm saving those for last. Is there a moon for having all the outfits too?

Yes. I don't think you need all outfits though. I beat the hellscape of a last level. While it was very hard and long, it was not nearly as hard as the hellscape in Super Mario 3d World. I never beat that one.

PostPosted: Sat November 25, 2017 2:07 am 
The Master

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

802 and still no guides.

929 and still no guides.

Yes. I don't think you need all outfits though. I beat the hellscape of a last level. While it was very hard and long, it was not nearly as hard as the hellscape in Super Mario 3d World. I never beat that one.

That one took me forever. That and beating Chud's Song of Ice and Fire level before the checkpoint update are my two greatest Mario achievements.

PostPosted: Sat November 25, 2017 4:05 am 
F.U.B.A.R
 WWW  Profile

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Sgt. Crackpot wrote:
CopperTom wrote:

Which one?

Andromeda, both games were for the PS4.

PostPosted: Sat November 25, 2017 2:43 pm 
Champion of RM

Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

802 and still no guides.

929 and still no guides.

That one took me forever. That and beating Chud's Song of Ice and Fire level before the checkpoint update are my two greatest Mario achievements.

I'm at 999 (probably more like 1005, but the Odyssey shows a max of 999) but I still have 4 outstanding moons and 3 accomplishment moons. I used guides to obtain 11 moons. If anyone gets A Treasure Made from Coins without a guide or video, bravo. I saw the leaf, but c'mon...

PostPosted: Sat November 25, 2017 5:55 pm 
Champion of RM

I finally hooked up Genesis Flashback today. This was delayed a few times since those early reviews came out. I thought it played great. Maybe they fixed some of those flaws since the review units were distributed. No delays or lags in Sonic 2, Sonic Spinball or MK2. If Genesis was your thing, pull the trigger. The game selection is a bit odd, though. :thumbsup:

Atari Flashback :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

PostPosted: Sun November 26, 2017 6:56 pm 
Champion of RM

CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

802 and still no guides.

929 and still no guides.

I'm at 999 (probably more like 1005, but the Odyssey shows a max of 999) but I still have 4 outstanding moons and 3 accomplishment moons. I used guides to obtain 11 moons. If anyone gets A Treasure Made from Coins without a guide or video, bravo. I saw the leaf, but c'mon...

I got all moons and my sail is now golden. Overall, another A+ Mario game.

PostPosted: Mon November 27, 2017 2:05 pm 
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

So after about a week with Battlefront 2, i've completed the campaign, did a good chunk of the arcade and logged about 20-30 hrs of MP, mostly galactic conquest mode. Here's a few thoughts

Pros:
-this game is fucking gorgeous. the levels, the lighting, the vegetation, everything. The attention to detail is staggering.
-the battle points system works well. Way better than the random pickup system from the last game.
-loads of different options for alternate characters, vehicles and heroes to play as when spending battle points - and the are all pretty unique and fun.
-lots of maps and variety. Playing this past weekend i still came across a couple of maps that i hadn't played yet (Death Star II and Yavin). I do seem to end up playing some a lot more regularly than others though.
-the balanced matchmaking system seems to be working. i haven't encountered many ridiculously OP players yet and the matches have mostly been pretty balanced.
-the class system is good, albeit painfully slow to level a character up. It would be nice to see lootbox rewards specifically geared towards the classes you actually play.
-it feels like the game rewards you more for an assist than it did in the last game and those assists show in your final score too. That's a nice feature for someone like me who doesn't always rank terribly high in a match :oops:
-the campaign was fun but really it should be treated more as a tutorial than an actual campaign. it was really just a patchwork of battles that they tried to shoehorn a story and familiar characters into. Still though, it was a blast.

Cons:
-progression SUCKS
-spawn areas are often too far away from the action. It's unbelievably frustrating to spend a minute running back to the action just to get killed the instant you arrive because things have changed
-some maps (Hoth, Kashyyk, Endor) have you fall back or retreat to get to the next stage of the round...but will spawn you into an area that is about to become out of bounds and force you to race to get back to safety before the game autokills you for being in the wrong area...all while the opposing team is firing at your ass. Huge fucking annoyance when it happens.
-the guns at the lower levels feel frustratingly gimped. Maybe they are at higher levels too but i haven't gotten there yet. The entire game seems to revolve around managing your weapon from overheating. You spend more time hiding in cover waiting for your gun to cool down than actually firing at an enemy.
-the game has a few really annoying bugs
-clipping and getting stuck on random shit like rocks and branches, especially in vehicles
-i'm getting a lot of lag & framerate crashes. The last one had frame rate problems too.
-the game seems to empty out the lobby randomly after a match, and doesn't refill it so you need to jump back out to the main screen and reload a game, which is upwards of a 5 min ordeal
-a few times i've had an alt weapon/function get stuck. Once while playing as Vader in an arcade match, it got 'stuck' on force grip and i couldn't do anything except wait for the AI players to kill me. Another time one of the lasers on an AT-AT got stuck. Yet another time i was playing as a Death Trooper and i got stuck on a mode where my gun fired full automatic without overheating, which was kinda awesome and funny - except you move really slowly in that mode so i got killed pretty quick. Anyways that kind of thing seems to be happening a fair bit.

Overall though i'm enjoying the game and i'm glad I bought it. Outside of the lootbox/progression nightmare, this is a solid game and any gripes I do have are mostly superficial.

PostPosted: Mon November 27, 2017 2:54 pm 
The Master

mf wrote:
So after about a week with Battlefront 2, i've completed the campaign, did a good chunk of the arcade and logged about 20-30 hrs of MP, mostly galactic conquest mode. Here's a few thoughts

Pros:
-this game is fucking gorgeous. the levels, the lighting, the vegetation, everything. The attention to detail is staggering.
-the battle points system works well. Way better than the random pickup system from the last game.
-loads of different options for alternate characters, vehicles and heroes to play as when spending battle points - and the are all pretty unique and fun.
-lots of maps and variety. Playing this past weekend i still came across a couple of maps that i hadn't played yet (Death Star II and Yavin). I do seem to end up playing some a lot more regularly than others though.
-the balanced matchmaking system seems to be working. i haven't encountered many ridiculously OP players yet and the matches have mostly been pretty balanced.
-the class system is good, albeit painfully slow to level a character up. It would be nice to see lootbox rewards specifically geared towards the classes you actually play.
-it feels like the game rewards you more for an assist than it did in the last game and those assists show in your final score too. That's a nice feature for someone like me who doesn't always rank terribly high in a match :oops:
-the campaign was fun but really it should be treated more as a tutorial than an actual campaign. it was really just a patchwork of battles that they tried to shoehorn a story and familiar characters into. Still though, it was a blast.

Cons:
-progression SUCKS
-spawn areas are often too far away from the action. It's unbelievably frustrating to spend a minute running back to the action just to get killed the instant you arrive because things have changed
-some maps (Hoth, Kashyyk, Endor) have you fall back or retreat to get to the next stage of the round...but will spawn you into an area that is about to become out of bounds and force you to race to get back to safety before the game autokills you for being in the wrong area...all while the opposing team is firing at your ass. Huge fucking annoyance when it happens.
-the guns at the lower levels feel frustratingly gimped. Maybe they are at higher levels too but i haven't gotten there yet. The entire game seems to revolve around managing your weapon from overheating. You spend more time hiding in cover waiting for your gun to cool down than actually firing at an enemy.
-the game has a few really annoying bugs
-clipping and getting stuck on random shit like rocks and branches, especially in vehicles
-i'm getting a lot of lag & framerate crashes. The last one had frame rate problems too.
-the game seems to empty out the lobby randomly after a match, and doesn't refill it so you need to jump back out to the main screen and reload a game, which is upwards of a 5 min ordeal
-a few times i've had an alt weapon/function get stuck. Once while playing as Vader in an arcade match, it got 'stuck' on force grip and i couldn't do anything except wait for the AI players to kill me. Another time one of the lasers on an AT-AT got stuck. Yet another time i was playing as a Death Trooper and i got stuck on a mode where my gun fired full automatic without overheating, which was kinda awesome and funny - except you move really slowly in that mode so i got killed pretty quick. Anyways that kind of thing seems to be happening a fair bit.

Overall though i'm enjoying the game and i'm glad I bought it. Outside of the lootbox/progression nightmare, this is a solid game and any gripes I do have are mostly superficial.

Great write up. I haven't played as much as you, but my thoughts are pretty similar. A lot of my gripes with the game can and will likely be fixed with patches and updates. The progression system is terrible though for people who aren't playing this constantly.

PostPosted: Mon November 27, 2017 5:56 pm 
Champion of RM

CopperTom wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:
CopperTom wrote:
Monkey_Driven wrote:

802 and still no guides.

929 and still no guides.

I got all moons and my sail is now golden. Overall, another A+ Mario game.

I got all Purple Coins and beat the alternate final battle. I did everything except buy the Skeleton Suit for 9999.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303, 304 ... 336  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment » Video Games