The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 901  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Tue January 08, 2013 4:26 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:52 pm
Posts: 3086
Orpheus wrote:
It's been a while since I've seen it. I just remember it being very beautiful. Are you talking more about the narrative ending or the pseudo-credits sequence that some people had issue with?


The credit sequence. My professor lost her shit. I didn't get it.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Tue January 08, 2013 10:51 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:52 pm
Posts: 3086
Has anyone seen this movie? One of these days it will be on TCM and I'm going to watch it.



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Tue January 08, 2013 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 66420
Location: The applebees on haggerty.
Watched Les Mis yesterday. Anne Hathaway is brilliant.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Tue January 08, 2013 11:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 2083
Harry Lime wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
It's been a while since I've seen it. I just remember it being very beautiful. Are you talking more about the narrative ending or the pseudo-credits sequence that some people had issue with?


The credit sequence. My professor lost her shit. I didn't get it.


I remember thinking it was an interesting idea but not really being wowed by it or anything. The cumulative effect of the everything before it was really great to me though. Certified Copy was like that too, all these different layers of long conversations and detailed shots that stay with you for a while afterwards.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Tue January 08, 2013 11:53 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:52 pm
Posts: 3086
Orpheus wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:
Orpheus wrote:
It's been a while since I've seen it. I just remember it being very beautiful. Are you talking more about the narrative ending or the pseudo-credits sequence that some people had issue with?


The credit sequence. My professor lost her shit. I didn't get it.


I remember thinking it was an interesting idea but not really being wowed by it or anything. The cumulative effect of the everything before it was really great to me though. Certified Copy was like that too, all these different layers of long conversations and detailed shots that stay with you for a while afterwards.


I remember liking the long camera takes of the driving in Cherry. I'll check out Certified Copy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sun January 13, 2013 5:18 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:52 pm
Posts: 3086
Yesterday, Panic in the Streets (1950)

Elia Kazan is starting to turn into one of my favorite directors. He really knows how to direct and shoot actors. I particularly liked this one because it was shot in New Orleans. Great cinemtography.


Tonight, The Little Foxes (1941)

I have no idea what the hell this is, but I'm beginning to enjoy turning on TCM at whatever time and watching a movie I never heard of.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sun January 13, 2013 10:25 pm 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:52 pm
Posts: 3086
0 Dark 30 tonight.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sun January 13, 2013 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
RM Elitist
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 8:43 pm
Posts: 13540
The Distinguished Gentleman on Youtube.

_________________
dimejinky99 wrote:
Hang on I check on my Grindr


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 12:01 am 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 10584
Bridesmaids


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 1:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14938
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Bridesmaids



Funny...Lizzie Caplan was good.

Ill be watching Bronson...any thoughts?

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 4:43 am 
Offline
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:52 pm
Posts: 3086
Zero Dark Thirty was well done. It deserves the accolades it's accumulating. K. Biggs and Mark Boal don't really make Hollywood movies. I just saw that Argo won Best Picture at that joke fest they call the Golden Globes. While Argo is a well crafted movie, it has too much of the Hollywood drama and manipulation. Just a touch of that in Zero Dark. I only compare the two because they're both historical reinactments.

Anyway check it out.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Thu January 03, 2013 9:26 pm
Posts: 311
Location: Vlaardingen, the Netherlands
Saw this one last weekend. Really liked it.

groetjes,
Mirella :)

_________________
my last.fm Bugs on Facebook Bugs on Pinterest Dutch Ramblings


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 1:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:05 pm
Posts: 1278
Location: Montreal, QC
Zero Dark Thirty was awesome.

The Impossible was ok, but it's more than worth watching for the sequence of the wave hitting the resort alone. It's incredibly well done.

_________________
chud wrote:
Posting! Glorious posting!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 1:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:24 pm
Posts: 3076
Location: Death Machine Inc's HQ
"Tomorrow when the war began", the Australian version of Red Dawn. It was a movie.

_________________
the sentinel remains vigilant


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 3:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 1:53 pm
Posts: 13715
Location: mtlqcca
Harry Lime wrote:
Tonight, The Little Foxes (1941)

I have no idea what the hell this is, but I'm beginning to enjoy turning on TCM at whatever time and watching a movie I never heard of.

I recorded this one on the DVR, too. Let me know what you think when you see it.

_________________
If we don't open our eyes to reality soon, they'll get fucked right out of our heads


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 14938
Bronson...loved the art, the style, the photography...tom hardy is great..still not totally sold on the movie.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 4:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 51978
VinylGuy wrote:
Bronson...loved the art, the style, the photography...tom hardy is great..still not totally sold on the movie.

I want to see this.

Saw Les Miserables over the weekend. May watch Seeking a Friend for the End of the World tonight.

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 4:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh
 Profile

Joined: Tue December 18, 2012 8:33 pm
Posts: 10584
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
Bronson...loved the art, the style, the photography...tom hardy is great..still not totally sold on the movie.

I want to see this.

Saw Les Miserables over the weekend. May watch Seeking a Friend for the End of the World tonight.


Saw that a few weeks ago, thought it was pretty good. Hope you enjoy it


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 6:05 pm
Posts: 1278
Location: Montreal, QC
len, what did you think of Les Miz?

_________________
chud wrote:
Posting! Glorious posting!


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What Movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Mon January 14, 2013 5:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 3:21 pm
Posts: 51978
Bob Loblaw wrote:
len, what did you think of Les Miz?

I'm not really one for musicals, but I enjoyed it. I love the book so that helped.

_________________
Jammer XCI wrote:
My bong got broken tonight


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 901  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Tue October 23, 2018 9:53 am