Re: What movies are you watching?

Wed May 25, 2022 10:22 pm

Who cares what he thinks

Wed May 25, 2022 10:24 pm

His wife, Uma Thurman

Wed May 25, 2022 10:35 pm

Are you telling me there's only one Back to the Future movie?

Wed May 25, 2022 11:05 pm

It’s a big collection of little stylistic vignettes, it’s like 50 movies in that aspect

Wed May 25, 2022 11:13 pm

Speaking of long movies, I found the last third of the Godfather movie (539 minutes) to be quite lacking compared to the rest.

Thu May 26, 2022 12:41 am

Rob wrote:
Mickey wrote:The Matrix is a self contained film. The Matrix Reloaded is a sequel.

Ok, you’re right. But what I mean is that it seems clear with the matrix that there’s a story that needs a trilogy to tell, rather than a movie. All 3 flow (part 4 is something else) and I really don’t believe any one of them can stand alone without the others.

Kill Bill is one movie. They split it in two because no one is gonna go see a 4 hour movie. I remember when it came out and people were commenting on it.

I would have liked there to be only one Matrix film, that being the first.

edit: I also wouldn't mind if Kill Bill didn't exist and Tarantino would have a few more shots in his round.

Thu May 26, 2022 8:06 pm

The Argonaut wrote:
Malloy wrote:Men, very good picture

Meh. A bit too pretentious for its own good

I liked it. Certainly wouldn't call it pretentious but I will say that in the immediate aftermath of a first screening I do think it makes some odd choices that don't totally work for me.

B-

Thu May 26, 2022 8:09 pm

Saw I Robot for the first time in a decade. Not great, but I do love the robots.

Thu May 26, 2022 8:28 pm

Yeah I don't think the matrix needs three movies to tell.

Fri May 27, 2022 12:52 am

The Place Beyond the Pines

Fri May 27, 2022 2:59 am

Before Midnight
Before Sunset

Im watching the trilogy inverted, and its great so far. The last one is heavy, their fight is fucking vicious. Sunset is full of joy and a little tense too.

Ill close with the first one this weekend, but these three movies are among the best

Fri May 27, 2022 3:03 am

VinylGuy wrote:Before Midnight
Before Sunset

Im watching the trilogy inverted, and its great so far. The last one is heavy, their fight is fucking vicious. Sunset is full of joy and a little tense too.

Ill close with the first one this weekend, but these three movies are among the best

I really need to watch Midnight again with eight years of marriage under my belt

Fri May 27, 2022 3:05 am

tragabigzanda wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:Before Midnight
Before Sunset

I really need to watch Midnight again with eight years of marriage under my belt

its very well done. I truly believe them in every movie, but that fight and also their chat in the car...its great.

Sat May 28, 2022 1:08 am

The Bob’s Burgers movie was fantastic for those that like the show.

Sat May 28, 2022 1:12 am

I loved the goddamn Bob's Burgers movie. What a delight

Sun May 29, 2022 2:54 am

Farmer John wrote:
daft twat wrote:Weird double feature today:

Everything Everywhere All At Once.
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers.

Both were very enjoyable.

Watched Chip and Dale with the nephews and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a great movie to watch if you want kids to genuinely be interested in you explaining random references from your childhood.

I watched Chip and Dale this evening with my nephews and we all really enjoyed it.

Sun May 29, 2022 4:18 am

Jorge wrote:I loved the goddamn Bob's Burgers movie. What a delight

It got many laughs from me and the three others there with me

Sun May 29, 2022 4:25 am

Yeah I think there were only like 9 other people at our screening. I laughed way too hard at the villain's song

Sun May 29, 2022 1:31 pm

Jorge wrote:Yeah I think there were only like 9 other people at our screening. I laughed way too hard at the villain's song

Sorry i should have clarified. The 3 people that went with me. Our theater was about half full and everyone seemed to love it. lol the villains song was fantastic

My favorite scene was when the cousin was chasing them under the pier, when he was side by side with them, the back and forth eye contact with Tina.

And of course the skeleton’s teeth falling into Louise’s mouth

Sun May 29, 2022 1:32 pm

Saw Ray again. Still good.

Advancing nicely with the 2004 movies now, just 13 left to see.
Post a reply