Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: What movies are you watching?

Fri December 03, 2021 5:41 pm

I need to watch that one. I have a Starz account but don't use it much, but I recall adding it to my watchlist.

Fri December 03, 2021 7:13 pm

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:I feel like this belongs in the taking quotes out of context thread.

Malloy wrote:i made my grandparents watch

:D

Fri December 03, 2021 9:53 pm

Strat wrote:The Last Duel.
Final Dual was excellent.

How did this happen, strat?

Fri December 03, 2021 9:55 pm

:lol:

Sat December 04, 2021 2:49 am

Fuck the dialogue in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is good. I know, old news, but I'd never seen it as an adult! Love it

Sat December 04, 2021 2:57 am

Jorge wrote:Fuck the dialogue in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is good. I know, old news, but I'd never seen it as an adult! Love it

So many great lines. Just enough to keep a kid interested but the older you get the more makes sense and hit home. Its on regular rotation in the strat house over the holidays.

Sat December 04, 2021 3:07 am

My dad has pretty much ruined that movie for me. At least from a desire to re-watch standpoint. Same with my sister on A Christmas Story.

Sat December 04, 2021 3:14 am

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:My dad has pretty much ruined that movie for me. At least from a desire to re-watch standpoint. Same with my sister on A Christmas Story.

kill your dad

Sat December 04, 2021 3:17 am

Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:My dad has pretty much ruined that movie for me. At least from a desire to re-watch standpoint. Same with my sister on A Christmas Story.

kill your dad

I'm not going to do that.

Sat December 04, 2021 3:17 am

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Strat wrote:

kill your dad

Okay. Your loss. No christmas vacation fun for you

Sat December 04, 2021 3:22 am

Strat wrote:
lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Strat wrote:

kill your dad

Okay. Your loss. No christmas vacation fun for you

I'm okay with that.

Sat December 04, 2021 2:35 pm

Strat wrote:
Jorge wrote:Fuck the dialogue in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation is good. I know, old news, but I'd never seen it as an adult! Love it

So many great lines. Just enough to keep a kid interested but the older you get the more makes sense and hit home. Its on regular rotation in the strat house over the holidays.

And the Wease household.

Sat December 04, 2021 3:24 pm

Strat wrote:The Last Duel.

This was surprisingly quite entertaining. Takes a bit to warm up to Ben Affleck and Damon in these roles and ridiculous haircuts but they played the characters really well.

I loved the approach to the story as well. The editing for each "Chapter" is subtle but quite impactful in telling the story from each different perspective.

Final Dual was excellent.

yeah, the nerve of this movie man...everyone was super tense at the fight.

Sat December 04, 2021 3:25 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:there's that one frame near the ends -- when the door opens -- that still haunts me.

Spoiler: show
when she is in the cabin?

Sat December 04, 2021 6:19 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:there's that one frame near the ends -- when the door opens -- that still haunts me.

Spoiler: show
when she is in the cabin?

Yep

Sun December 05, 2021 4:25 am

wease wrote:
Strat wrote:

And the Wease household.

We watch this every year while wrapping presents.

Sun December 05, 2021 4:27 am

Anna and the Apocalypse

Loved it

Sun December 05, 2021 10:04 am

The Elephant Man

Sun December 05, 2021 2:13 pm

This time of year my wife and I watch Hallmark Christmas movies in like 25 min chunks right before we go to sleep. Even the good ones are bad but we just watched one with Mia Sorvino which had to be the worst thing ever made.

Mon December 06, 2021 12:27 am

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
Post a reply