Red Mosquito
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/

What movies are you watching?
http://forums.theskyiscrape.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=335
Page 1115 of 1152

Author:  blueviper [ Mon June 22, 2020 12:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Close Encounters of the Third Kind


:thumbsup:

When awe and magic still happened in movies.

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Mon June 22, 2020 1:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

wease wrote:
I’ve never seen that.

wease

Author:  wease [ Mon June 22, 2020 1:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
wease wrote:
I’ve never seen that.

wease

It’s true.

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Mon June 22, 2020 3:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

wease wrote:
I’ve never seen that.

It's okay

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Mon June 22, 2020 3:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

Da 5 Bloods.

I love Spike Lee so much.

Author:  wease [ Mon June 22, 2020 3:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
I’ve never seen that.

It's okay

Honestly, I feel worse for having not seen Groundhog Day than I do this one.

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Mon June 22, 2020 3:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
I’ve never seen that.

It's okay

Honestly, I feel worse for having not seen Groundhog Day than I do this one.

Honestly, I think that's fair.

Author:  E.H. Ruddock [ Mon June 22, 2020 1:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

It's a classic Spielberg though

Author:  VinylGuy [ Mon June 22, 2020 2:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

durdencommatyler wrote:
Da 5 Bloods.

I love Spike Lee so much.


I havent seen it. Isnt it too much on the nose?

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Mon June 22, 2020 3:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Da 5 Bloods.

I love Spike Lee so much.


I havent seen it. Isnt it too much on the nose?

I think there are certain moments that are a little preachy but overall I'd say, no.

Author:  VinylGuy [ Mon June 22, 2020 3:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Da 5 Bloods.

I love Spike Lee so much.


I havent seen it. Isnt it too much on the nose?

I think there are certain moments that are a little preachy but overall I'd say, no.


cool, ill watch it this week for sure.

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Mon June 22, 2020 3:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

If you like Spike Lee in general I can't imagine disliking the movie. It's nowhere near his best but it's an interesting and worthwhile journey. And it's dripping with Spike's aesthetic.

Author:  VinylGuy [ Mon June 22, 2020 7:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

durdencommatyler wrote:
If you like Spike Lee in general I can't imagine disliking the movie. It's nowhere near his best but it's an interesting and worthwhile journey. And it's dripping with Spike's aesthetic.


he is very hit or miss to me. But ill watch this new one.

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Mon June 22, 2020 7:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
If you like Spike Lee in general I can't imagine disliking the movie. It's nowhere near his best but it's an interesting and worthwhile journey. And it's dripping with Spike's aesthetic.


he is very hit or miss to me. But ill watch this new one.

Ah. Then, I'm gonna guess this one will be more on the miss side for you. But I'm glad you're going to check it out and see for yourself. If nothing else, Delroy Lindo gives a career defining performance that shouldn't be missed.

Author:  VinylGuy [ Mon June 22, 2020 9:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

yeah i missed him so much its the main reason to see this one.

I think my favs from him are He Got Game, Summer Of Sam and 25th Hour.

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Mon June 22, 2020 9:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

VinylGuy wrote:
yeah i missed him so much its the main reason to see this one.

I think my favs from him are He Got Game, Summer Of Sam and 25th Hour.

I haven't seen He Got Game, yet. But Summer of Sam and 25th Hour are both top tier. Do The Right Thing is still is best, though. And one of the greatest films in American cinema history, I think.

Author:  VinylGuy [ Mon June 22, 2020 9:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

I need to re watch that one. Wasnt impressed but i was ...15 when i saw it? dont remember.

Yeah you need to watch he got game, goddamn joe.

Author:  tragabigzanda [ Mon June 22, 2020 9:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

Don’t sleep on Bamboozled

Author:  tragabigzanda [ Mon June 22, 2020 9:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

Or She Hate Me

Author:  durdencommatyler [ Mon June 22, 2020 9:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What movies are you watching?

I think He Got Game on HBO Max now. So, I plan on checking it out very soon. My wife and I always go way to long between Spike Lee Joints. We watch one and then want to binge them all and then wait to long to see another. Rinse/repeat.

But there are so many available on streaming services right now that I just don't have any excuses. I want to watch Chi-Raq, He Got Game, and Malcolm X before the summer is over.

Page 1115 of 1152 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/