Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: What movies are you watching?

Thu November 01, 2018 2:19 am

The Huntsman: Winter's War. I wish I could connect to my plex server at home so I could get some better movies.

Thu November 01, 2018 2:21 am

I like that movie too

Thu November 01, 2018 3:06 am

Tucker: The Man And His Dream.

Wonderful. Pure cinema. Coppola at his finest. The framing, the score, the montage. God, the photography. Jeff Bridges.

Thank you.

Thu November 01, 2018 3:08 am

watched It while we passed out candy. At the end of the movie, when they make the blood pact, they insert the sound of the casio watch beeping just as we get a close up of the watch. It makes no sense whatsoever, and yet it's totally intentional. wtf.

Thu November 01, 2018 4:45 am

And finished up with Much Ado About Nothing. Dragon Warriors, and Lady in the Water. Much Ado was a well done experiment, though I've not seen the play proper so I can't say much more on the adaptation. Dragon Warriors (AKA Dudes & Dragons, no kidding) was a Kickstarter movie I only just got around to watching. Not great, nope. Lady in the Water was pretty funny, though I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to be.

Might have time for Apollo 18, we'll see how long before they give me my meds to make me go to sleep.

Fri November 02, 2018 5:23 am

Nope, ended up falling asleep. Watched The Mummy and who thought this was a good idea? There was a nod to the first Brendan Fraser Mummy with the book - and boy did they zoom in on it to make sure you saw it - but the movie itself was just weird. The pacing was off or something, it just didn't seem right.

Fri November 02, 2018 7:26 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:watched It while we passed out candy. At the end of the movie, when they make the blood pact, they insert the sound of the casio watch beeping just as we get a close up of the watch. It makes no sense whatsoever, and yet it's totally intentional. wtf.

It will be explain in the second part Trag. There is a lot of those little things in the movie that have a bigger explanation.

Fri November 02, 2018 7:43 pm

Running for Grace. Bit too Hallmark for me, but it was alright. The wife enjoyed it

Fri November 02, 2018 7:58 pm

Border

Sat November 03, 2018 3:32 am

Have you ever watched Suspiria and thought, “Boy, I sure wish that movie were long and boring and terrible?” If so, have I got the movie for you!

Can’t wait for all the horrible opinions in the coming years about why that dumb movie is a remake that’s better than the original.

Sat November 03, 2018 4:37 am

The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec. Another Luc Besson joint but not nearly as fun as most of his movies. Seems weird for the sake of being weird.

Watched Kung Fu Hustle. Not as funny as I remember.

Sat November 03, 2018 8:58 pm

The Equalizer 2. Was kind of fun even if the end got a bit stupid

Sun November 04, 2018 1:13 am

I'm not sure what some people were expecting from Bohemian Rhapsody, but a movie about Queen, with Rami Malek and lots of Queen music=awesome

Sun November 04, 2018 3:31 am

Watched Odd Thomas. It's almost Constantine-like (Keanu version) in it's effects but it has an actual story with heart behind all that too. A little wooden acting from the girlfriend at times but you do buy the relationship. And heck, even my son was a little shaken up at the ending.

I saw a trailer for Bohemian Rhapsody and the whole Rami as Freddie thing looked weird for some reason. I know it's going to be a good movie, I just didn't like the trailer.

Sun November 04, 2018 3:53 am

bune wrote:Watched Odd Thomas. It's almost Constantine-like (Keanu version) in it's effects but it has an actual story with heart behind all that too. A little wooden acting from the girlfriend at times but you do buy the relationship. And heck, even my son was a little shaken up at the ending.

I saw a trailer for Bohemian Rhapsody and the whole Rami as Freddie thing looked weird for some reason. I know it's going to be a good movie, I just didn't like the trailer.

I hated the Odd Thomas movie. The book was great, and this just fell so short. Kinda like Stephen King's Cell

Sun November 04, 2018 4:04 am

Don't tell me that, I'm about to start the series.

edit: Found time for Apollo 18. I wish I hadn't.

Mon November 05, 2018 4:57 am

Sorry To Bother You.

Meh. DNA from others in this: Dogma, Earthgirls Are Easy, Repo Man, I'm Gonna Get You Sucka. But the spirit of the movie is better than the movie itself.

The "twist" is super weird though, it does get a fair bit more bizarre than even the trailers let on.

Mon November 05, 2018 5:09 am

I totally loved that one

Mon November 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Probably might favorite of the year, so far.

Mon November 05, 2018 3:53 pm

bune wrote:
edit: Found time for Apollo 18. I wish I hadn't.

:lol:
Post a reply