Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: What movies are you watching?

Sat October 06, 2018 3:09 am

Made some popcorn on the stove top and watching the original Halloween.

ITs been years since i actually watched it. Obvious classic but oh my god the Michael Meyers escape from the mental institute scene/story is sooooooo bad. So weak.

Sat October 06, 2018 1:54 pm

Ill rewatch the first one and both of Rob Zombie´s as a road to this new movie.

Sat October 06, 2018 5:00 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Ill rewatch the first one and both of Rob Zombie´s as a road to this new movie.

Yeah, I was planning on doing the whole series, but I think this is the way to go. I probably don't need to sit through all the middle ones again.

Sat October 06, 2018 5:03 pm

I like part 3, and I kind of like 4 and 6. Part 5 is painfully boring and dumb.

Sat October 06, 2018 5:03 pm

3 is the best of the franchise. 2, 4, 5, and 6 all blend together for me.

Sat October 06, 2018 5:06 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:3 is the best of the franchise. 2, 4, 5, and 6 all blend together for me.

isn't that season of the witch? you think that's the best? or was that 4?

Sat October 06, 2018 5:07 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:3 is the best of the franchise. 2, 4, 5, and 6 all blend together for me.

isn't that season of the witch? you think that's the best? or was that 4?

Yep, Season of the Witch. Big fan. I don't like the franchise much in general, though.

Sat October 06, 2018 5:37 pm

I like all of them except part 8, that one is such a bullshit movie. They completely fuck up everything in H20.
Season Of The Witch is great and the premise is so cool....But for this new movie, ill stick with the original and then the Rob Zombie ones.

Sat October 06, 2018 5:39 pm

VinylGuy wrote:I like all of them except part 8, that one is such a bullshit movie. They completely fuck up everything in H20.
Season Of The Witch is great and the premise is so cool....But for this new movie, ill stick with the original and then the Rob Zombie ones.

I still prefer the Rob Zombie remake. Not sure if thats sacrilegious or not but its far more scary, intense, and i love the gore.

I understand in a cultural perspective that of the '78 original. The score is brilliant and there are a couple shots of Michael Meyers that are cinema gold and terrifying....but overall its a product of its time. Some of it is really fucking stupid too.

Sat October 06, 2018 5:49 pm

Yeah i think Rob did an amazing job on how to reboot a movie like Halloween and making it a product of its time too. He pushed whatever he had in mind in order to create a new mythology and it works so well. Both parts are such a great story i was blown away with it.

Sat October 06, 2018 8:44 pm

saw this tweet from Richard E Grant and immediately put on Withnail & I :)

Sat October 06, 2018 9:29 pm

I don't think I ever saw the Busta Rhymes one.

Sat October 06, 2018 9:57 pm

bart wrote:I don't think I ever saw the Busta Rhymes one.

Its the worst movie. They fucked H20 so hard. They kill Laurie in such a stupid way. They tried to cash in the reality show tv mania in the worst way ever.
Its almost a spoof.

Sat October 06, 2018 10:08 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a Halloween movie. He looks dumb.

Sat October 06, 2018 10:09 pm

VinylGuy wrote:

Its the worst movie. They fucked H20 so hard. They kill Laurie in such a stupid way. They tried to cash in the reality show tv mania in the worst way ever.
Its almost a spoof.

They didnt fuck it up. It's the exact thing that was intended and fits right into that shitty time period of "horror" movies.

Dumb.

Sat October 06, 2018 10:56 pm

Strat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:

Its almost a spoof.

They didnt fuck it up. It's the exact thing that was intended and fits right into that shitty time period of "horror" movies.

Dumb.

yeah, you are probably right.

Sun October 07, 2018 7:21 am

dimejinky99 wrote:saw this tweet from Richard E Grant and immediately put on Withnail & I :)

Withnail & I is so good, I need to watch it again.

Sun October 07, 2018 12:23 pm

It’s so funny. So quotable. But also so really very dark.

Sun October 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Baby Mama was fucking terrible, but I do like watching Dax Shepard play a dumb guy.

Sun October 07, 2018 5:23 pm

run2death wrote:Baby Mama was fucking terrible, but I do like watching Dax Shepard play a dumb guy.

"play"
Post a reply