The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19933 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 892, 893, 894, 895, 896, 897, 898 ... 997  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 3:09 am 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 38390
Location: Mountains
Made some popcorn on the stove top and watching the original Halloween.

ITs been years since i actually watched it. Obvious classic but oh my god the Michael Meyers escape from the mental institute scene/story is sooooooo bad. So weak.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 17079
Ill rewatch the first one and both of Rob Zombie´s as a road to this new movie.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42812
Location: Garbage Dump
VinylGuy wrote:
Ill rewatch the first one and both of Rob Zombie´s as a road to this new movie.

Yeah, I was planning on doing the whole series, but I think this is the way to go. I probably don't need to sit through all the middle ones again.

_________________
Bammer wrote:
God dammit fuck you all you losers who keep going to see these stupid fucking superhero movies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 08, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 2159
I like part 3, and I kind of like 4 and 6. Part 5 is painfully boring and dumb.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42812
Location: Garbage Dump
3 is the best of the franchise. 2, 4, 5, and 6 all blend together for me.

_________________
Bammer wrote:
God dammit fuck you all you losers who keep going to see these stupid fucking superhero movies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 26031
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
3 is the best of the franchise. 2, 4, 5, and 6 all blend together for me.

isn't that season of the witch? you think that's the best? or was that 4?


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 5:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 9:32 pm
Posts: 42812
Location: Garbage Dump
tragabigzanda wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
3 is the best of the franchise. 2, 4, 5, and 6 all blend together for me.

isn't that season of the witch? you think that's the best? or was that 4?

Yep, Season of the Witch. Big fan. I don't like the franchise much in general, though.

_________________
Bammer wrote:
God dammit fuck you all you losers who keep going to see these stupid fucking superhero movies.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 5:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 17079
I like all of them except part 8, that one is such a bullshit movie. They completely fuck up everything in H20.
Season Of The Witch is great and the premise is so cool....But for this new movie, ill stick with the original and then the Rob Zombie ones.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 5:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 38390
Location: Mountains
VinylGuy wrote:
I like all of them except part 8, that one is such a bullshit movie. They completely fuck up everything in H20.
Season Of The Witch is great and the premise is so cool....But for this new movie, ill stick with the original and then the Rob Zombie ones.

I still prefer the Rob Zombie remake. Not sure if thats sacrilegious or not but its far more scary, intense, and i love the gore.

I understand in a cultural perspective that of the '78 original. The score is brilliant and there are a couple shots of Michael Meyers that are cinema gold and terrifying....but overall its a product of its time. Some of it is really fucking stupid too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 5:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 17079
Yeah i think Rob did an amazing job on how to reboot a movie like Halloween and making it a product of its time too. He pushed whatever he had in mind in order to create a new mythology and it works so well. Both parts are such a great story i was blown away with it.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 26379
saw this tweet from Richard E Grant and immediately put on Withnail & I :)



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 08, 2013 10:23 pm
Posts: 2159
I don't think I ever saw the Busta Rhymes one.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 17079
bart wrote:
I don't think I ever saw the Busta Rhymes one.


Its the worst movie. They fucked H20 so hard. They kill Laurie in such a stupid way. They tried to cash in the reality show tv mania in the worst way ever.
Its almost a spoof.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 36865
Location: Donkeys live a long time.
I don't think I've ever seen a Halloween movie. He looks dumb.

_________________
“The world is going insane!” they shout at an unhearing screen.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:48 pm
Posts: 38390
Location: Mountains
VinylGuy wrote:
bart wrote:
I don't think I ever saw the Busta Rhymes one.


Its the worst movie. They fucked H20 so hard. They kill Laurie in such a stupid way. They tried to cash in the reality show tv mania in the worst way ever.
Its almost a spoof.

They didnt fuck it up. It's the exact thing that was intended and fits right into that shitty time period of "horror" movies.

Dumb.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sat October 06, 2018 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
10Club Complaint Department
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 17079
Strat wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
bart wrote:
I don't think I ever saw the Busta Rhymes one.


Its the worst movie. They fucked H20 so hard. They kill Laurie in such a stupid way. They tried to cash in the reality show tv mania in the worst way ever.
Its almost a spoof.

They didnt fuck it up. It's the exact thing that was intended and fits right into that shitty time period of "horror" movies.

Dumb.


yeah, you are probably right.

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sun October 07, 2018 7:21 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 8:08 pm
Posts: 2190
dimejinky99 wrote:
saw this tweet from Richard E Grant and immediately put on Withnail & I :)


Withnail & I is so good, I need to watch it again.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sun October 07, 2018 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 26379
It’s so funny. So quotable. But also so really very dark.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sun October 07, 2018 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Misplaced My Sponge
 Profile

Joined: Mon March 18, 2013 11:48 pm
Posts: 6686
Location: A Dark Place
Baby Mama was fucking terrible, but I do like watching Dax Shepard play a dumb guy.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Sun October 07, 2018 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 26031
Location: Different mountains than Strat.
run2death wrote:
Baby Mama was fucking terrible, but I do like watching Dax Shepard play a dumb guy.

"play"


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19933 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 892, 893, 894, 895, 896, 897, 898 ... 997  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Mon June 17, 2019 11:36 pm