Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: What movies are you watching?

Mon September 17, 2018 4:07 pm

Eh. Book two lost a lot of people because it's not a continuation of that story, it's another person in-universe and their side. Book three is a lot of different perspectives but closes the story out. And it was also not well-liked because it didn't have 100% answers, but to that I say you can't know the unknowable so it was good for me.

Mon September 17, 2018 4:46 pm

Oceans 8 sucked :\

Mon September 17, 2018 5:16 pm

Man. After listening to the newest smodcast and hearing Kevin Smith talk to Adam Rifkin about The Last Movie Star I know what my next movie is going to be.

Mon September 17, 2018 7:43 pm

Watched Rampage the other night.... I was underwhelmed

Tue September 18, 2018 3:27 am

Despite having owned a copy on DVD for years, and having listened to the soundtrack many times, I'm home sick today and finally had a chance to watch Videodrome for the first time - I loved it.

I need to find a Blu Ray copy though, as the DVD I have seems pretty bad.

Tue September 18, 2018 3:38 am

Videodrome is fantastic. I should rewatch it soon.

Tue September 18, 2018 7:54 am

Simple Favor

Man, I was really digging it for about 2/3 of the way, but then it gets too silly. Really frustrating. The two leads are really good but... in the end it didn't add up to much.

I guess what I thought was a smart quirky energy turned out to be some random bullshit thrown at a wall, and at first a lot of it stuck.

I should have known better. Fucking Paul Feig.

Tue September 18, 2018 8:39 am

Also snuck into the last few minutes of Predator... Wish I didn't.

Tue September 18, 2018 2:09 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:Also snuck into the last few minutes of Predator... Wish I didn't.

Because you saw the ending and it was super awesome and now you regret not being there for the whole movie?

Tue September 18, 2018 2:19 pm

The ending is insane. I really don’t understand how that movie happened.

Tue September 18, 2018 5:44 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:Also snuck into the last few minutes of Predator... Wish I didn't.

Because you saw the ending and it was super awesome and now you regret not being there for the whole movie?

Definitely not that

Tue September 18, 2018 7:17 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:Simple Favor

Man, I was really digging it for about 2/3 of the way, but then it gets too silly. Really frustrating. The two leads are really good but... in the end it didn't add up to much.

I guess what I thought was a smart quirky energy turned out to be some random bullshit thrown at a wall, and at first a lot of it stuck.

The story is great. The tone is off. This needed to be more telenovela than noir.

Feig missed. A different director would have turned this into one of the best films of the year.

Still, I had fun and I'm glad I saw it.

Tue September 18, 2018 7:26 pm

Feig missed it all his career.

Tue September 18, 2018 7:31 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Feig missed it all his career.

Yep

Tue September 18, 2018 7:40 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:

The story is great. The tone is off. This needed to be more telenovela than noir.

Yeah I think if it went in one direction or the other it could have been good. It didn't really know what it wanted to be.

Tue September 18, 2018 9:15 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Yeah I think if it went in one direction or the other it could have been good. It didn't really know what it wanted to be.

Exactly.

Wed September 19, 2018 12:12 am

Read the plot of Predator on Wikipedia to see what the dumb ending was but it's not described very well. Anyone who saw it want to share?

Wed September 19, 2018 12:21 am

Orpheus wrote:Read the plot of Predator on Wikipedia to see what the dumb ending was but it's not described very well. Anyone who saw it want to share?

someone gets Predated

Wed September 19, 2018 12:29 am

the predator talks then blows up

Wed September 19, 2018 12:31 am

Videodrome is top 5 Cronenberg. Sometimes I think it's his best.
Post a reply