Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: What movies are you watching?

Sun July 22, 2018 4:39 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:Yeah kind of a weird point to make. Are you saying I’m a gamer...?

You enjoy video games, no?

Occasionally? But I don’t know what that has to do with anything? Seems like a bizarre takeaway from Aliens. The movie has always been popular, way before any video games it inspired came out.

I think you're overthinking what I'm saying. They scratch the same itch, is all.

Yeah I definitely don’t agree

Sun July 22, 2018 4:46 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:Murder On The Orient Express.

What a visual joy. Its so cool they made a big budget movie without fucking SW or Marvel characters. The production design is glorious, the costumes, the camera work...everything is so tasteful.

I wouldn't call $55 million "big budget."

I thought they spent more money. 55 with the actors cachet? weird.

Sun July 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Not a big budget, but that seems pretty high for a movie like that. I'm sure the actors soaked up most of that.

Sun July 22, 2018 7:33 pm

Mechanic: Ressurection.

Rank the Jason Statham as the lead movies. Can anyone actually do this? I would, but I can’t discern one from another. I am not even sure which ones I’ve seen. I don’t think I saw the first Mechanic.

Sun July 22, 2018 7:39 pm

I'll list the best ones soon. I'm what some call a Jason Statham fan

Sun July 22, 2018 10:41 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I'll list the best ones soon. I'm what some call a Jason Statham fan

was he in hudson hawk?

Sun July 22, 2018 10:54 pm

No

Sun July 22, 2018 10:55 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:No

i heard he's starring in the much anticipated reboot

Sun July 22, 2018 10:56 pm

One in the Chamber - what a crap film. The wife wanted to watch it cause it had Dolph Lundgren in it

Mon July 23, 2018 2:09 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:I'll list the best ones soon. I'm what some call a Jason Statham fan

You must be excited for The Meg!

Mon July 23, 2018 2:52 am

Had a really great movie day today. Watched Suddenly (1954) and The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension and loved them both.

I think I might watch one more.

Mon July 23, 2018 2:54 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:Yeah kind of a weird point to make. Are you saying I’m a gamer...?

You enjoy video games, no?

Occasionally? But I don’t know what that has to do with anything? Seems like a bizarre takeaway from Aliens. The movie has always been popular, way before any video games it inspired came out.

I think you're overthinking what I'm saying. They scratch the same itch, is all.

Yeah I definitely don’t agree

obviously

Mon July 23, 2018 2:56 am

I get what you said Joe about Aliens being almost a video game. I agree. Alien and Aliens are so different and i love them both.

Mon July 23, 2018 2:57 am

VinylGuy wrote:I get what you said Joe about Aliens being almost a video game. I agree. Alien and Aliens are so different and i love them both.

Oh yeah. I love both of them too. For sure. Different kinds of movies but both do their thing really well.

Wed July 25, 2018 2:24 pm

Drugstore Cowboy still holds up. Awesome film.

Wed July 25, 2018 6:23 pm

I saw Aliens long before Alien. I loved it immediately. I get the comparison with gaming (multiple signals! In front and behind!) but I’m not a gamer and it wasn’t what turned me off Alien. Tbh Alien is just a film you should see first and many didn’t. I prefer Alien 3 to Alien.

Wed July 25, 2018 6:38 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:Drugstore Cowboy still holds up. Awesome film.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wed July 25, 2018 6:39 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:I saw Aliens long before Alien. I loved it immediately. I get the comparison with gaming (multiple signals! In front and behind!) but I’m not a gamer and it wasn’t what turned me off Alien. Tbh Alien is just a film you should see first and many didn’t. I prefer Alien 3 to Alien.

To be clear, though it should go without saying, I'm not trying to argue that only gamers would prefer Aliens. Not at all.

Wed July 25, 2018 7:19 pm

I used to feel similarly as dime about Alien but I have recently grown to love it intensely. Scott was in the prime of his career for visuals then. The production design, the cinematography - incredible stuff.

Wed July 25, 2018 7:37 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:I used to feel similarly as dime about Alien but I have recently grown to love it intensely. Scott was in the prime of his career for visuals then. The production design, the cinematography - incredible stuff.

Agreed. I mean, I loved it from first viewing, but I agree about the Scott's prime.
Post a reply