Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: What movies are you watching?

Sun September 10, 2017 8:42 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Yeah, it's not good.

Also that Brandis kid was an awful actor. When i was younger I think i enjoyed him for god knows why. Ladybugs? Loved that movie. Lol.

Poor kid though. RIP

Sun September 10, 2017 8:52 pm

Strat wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:Yeah, it's not good.

Also that Brandis kid was an awful actor. When i was younger I think i enjoyed him for god knows why. Ladybugs? Loved that movie. Lol.

Poor kid though. RIP

I couldn't stand him. Never-ending Story 2 and that submarine tv show he was in were awful.

Mon September 11, 2017 3:05 am

Strat wrote:Watched the original IT.

Lol, can't believe that scared me as a child.

adult Billy's glasses/birthmark/ponytail combo creeped me out as a kid

Mon September 11, 2017 3:23 am

Mecca wrote:
Strat wrote:Watched the original IT.

Lol, can't believe that scared me as a child.

adult Billy's glasses/birthmark/ponytail combo creeped me out as a kid

This remains very off-putting

Mon September 11, 2017 7:11 pm

The Duke of Burgundy

It's bonkers, I'm telling you. Beautifully shot and the set design is top notch.

Tue September 12, 2017 4:42 pm

"It" was really great. One of the most "worth it" tickets I've bought for a movie. Some of the best production design I've seen in a while. Just very well done and fun to watch.

Tue September 12, 2017 8:25 pm

Man, I'm so excited to see "IT" next week.

Tue September 12, 2017 8:27 pm

Rough Night was... not great. Certainly not the abortion I was expecting. I laughed a few times and I had some mild fun. Scar-Jo surprised me. I feel like she hasn't been that committed to a role in a long fucking time. And, of course, game ball goes to Kate McKinnon, who nails every frame.

Probably not a movie I ever need to see again, though. I'd give it a letter grade of C-.

Wed September 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Oh baby. IT was incredible!

What great child actors. I loved how the movie could turn on a dime from completely ridiculous laughs to total jump out of your seat fright. Really great.

Pennywise was wonderful. Skaarsgard did a hell of a job with it. The first scene of the movie from the sewer - I wanted more of that. I was riveted by his performance.

Wed September 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Strat wrote:Oh baby. IT was incredible!

What great child actors. I loved how the movie could turn on a dime from completely ridiculous laughs to total jump out of your seat fright. Really great.

Pennywise was wonderful. Skaarsgard did a hell of a job with it. The first scene of the movie from the sewer - I wanted more of that. I was riveted by his performance.

Oh god me too. I wanted more intense dialog scenes from him. There's a moment in that sewer scene where he just stops talking for like 10 seconds and goes totally dead-eyed...holy fuck, it's like my favorite moment in the movie.

Wed September 13, 2017 3:44 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Strat wrote:Oh baby. IT was incredible!

Oh god me too. I wanted more intense dialog scenes from him. There's a moment in that sewer scene where he just stops talking for like 10 seconds and goes totally dead-eyed...holy fuck, it's like my favorite moment in the movie.

It was almost like when Ledger was the Joker. I was really hoping for more dialogue like that. Perhaps we'll get it in chapter 2. Just incredible.

Thu September 14, 2017 1:42 am

Atomic Blonde.

A case of pure style over substance. I liked a few sequences, the action was top notch, violent and gory and Charlize is a star...but the narration was pretty poor. I didnt understand a thing.

Thu September 14, 2017 2:56 am

Get Out was much better than I expected.

Thu September 14, 2017 3:07 am

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Get Out was much better than I expected.

:hooray:

I've never been this happy!

Thu September 14, 2017 12:18 pm

It was great. Bev :heartbeat:

Thu September 14, 2017 3:32 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:Rough Night was... not great. Certainly not the abortion I was expecting. I laughed a few times and I had some mild fun. Scar-Jo surprised me. I feel like she hasn't been that committed to a role in a long fucking time. And, of course, game ball goes to Kate McKinnon, who nails every frame.

Probably not a movie I ever need to see again, though. I'd give it a letter grade of C-.

You are such a McKinnon fanboi.

Thu September 14, 2017 3:44 pm

"It" seems to have hit some kind of sweet spot of nostalgia, horror and fun. I have several friends who have seen it several times. And they have a broad spectrum of tastes.

I know the woman who does special events for Alamo here and she's already planning special screenings.

How long does a movie have to be out before you can say it's already acquire some kind of "cult" following?

Thu September 14, 2017 3:50 pm

Is it possible for a massive mainstream hit to truly be a cult movie?

Thu September 14, 2017 3:53 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Is it possible for a massive mainstream hit to truly be a cult movie?

By definition, yes. But I don't think you usually think of them that way.

Thu September 14, 2017 4:16 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Is it possible for a massive mainstream hit to truly be a cult movie?

I don't know.

"It" doesn't seem to fit in any real category, yet is eliciting a passionate/dedicated response already.
Post a reply