Re: What movies are you watching?

Sun July 23, 2017 4:00 pm

I've wanted to see all three of them. Haven't seen any though. :|

Sun July 23, 2017 4:23 pm

They are worth the watch.

Sun July 23, 2017 4:50 pm

Will see Labyrinth for the first time after the Open.

Sun July 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Labyrinth is a wonderful movie.

Sun July 23, 2017 5:59 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:Labyrinth is a wonderful movie.

Started now. :thumbsup:

Sun July 23, 2017 6:38 pm

Last night I watched...Trolls. My MiL was visiting and I got outvoted. I didn't hate it, though. The animation was colorful and the central conflict between Poppy and Branch felt a lot like a Joey/Strat vs LV/Burt paradigm gap to me. Now I know who Anna Kendrick is, but I thought it was Ellie Kemper for most of the movie.

Sun July 23, 2017 6:42 pm

washing machine wrote:Last night I watched...Trolls. My MiL was visiting and I got outvoted. I didn't hate it, though. The animation was colorful and the central conflict between Poppy and Branch felt a lot like a Joey/Strat vs LV/Burt paradigm gap to me. Now I know who Anna Kendrick is, but I thought it was Ellie Kemper for most of the movie.

My youngest is watching this right now.

Sun July 23, 2017 6:48 pm

We scrolled right past Mulholland Dr. on Netflix to get to Trolls. In other news, Mulholland Dr. is on Netflix. :hooray:

Sun July 23, 2017 6:49 pm

wease wrote:
washing machine wrote:Last night I watched...Trolls. My MiL was visiting and I got outvoted. I didn't hate it, though. The animation was colorful and the central conflict between Poppy and Branch felt a lot like a Joey/Strat vs LV/Burt paradigm gap to me. Now I know who Anna Kendrick is, but I thought it was Ellie Kemper for most of the movie.

There's no way kids are worth this.

Sun July 23, 2017 6:54 pm

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
wease wrote:

There's no way kids are worth this.

Kids will kill you, Verm.

Sun July 23, 2017 7:17 pm

wease wrote:

Ellie Kemper is an angel; Anna Kendrick is just some girl.

Sun July 23, 2017 7:22 pm

100%

Sun July 23, 2017 7:24 pm

Not going to lie, I had to google her.

Sun July 23, 2017 7:41 pm

I thought you meant Box Trolls; that's a good one.

Sun July 23, 2017 7:45 pm

washing machine wrote:We scrolled right past Mulholland Dr. on Netflix to get to Trolls. In other news, Mulholland Dr. is on Netflix. :hooray:

:luv:

Sun July 23, 2017 7:46 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
wease wrote:

Ellie Kemper is an angel; Anna Kendrick is just some girl.

You made a powerful enemy today.

Mon July 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Watching Dunkirk again.

Man...it's too real

Mon July 24, 2017 9:14 pm

Colossal.

It was cool...i really liked Sudekis.

Mon July 24, 2017 11:23 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:Wow, a movie where women affect the plot. Finally.

Rank the movies by gender rolls.

I like a strong, empowered dinner roll, myself.

Mon July 24, 2017 11:28 pm

Orpheus wrote:
BurtReynolds wrote:Wow, a movie where women affect the plot. Finally.

Rank the movies by gender rolls.

I like a strong, empowered dinner roll, myself.

Would Revenge of the Nerds be seen as "gender tone deaf" these days? Because I have it on good authority that women who take their clothes off on film are actually empowering themselves.
Post a reply