The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2032, 2033, 2034, 2035, 2036, 2037  Next
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 3:16 pm 
The Master

Rank four of them

PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 3:59 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

1. The Worst Person in the World
2. The Mauritanian
3. West Side Story
4. CODA

PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 5:18 pm 
Production Police

Anders wrote:
I know people were tired of me referencing my project of watching movies from each year chronologically, and especially in regard to rewatches. I have good news for you. I am now doing a final rewatch run for 2021-23 (I have not yet seen any 2024 movies). Only movies, tv shows and short films are not included. It's not a lot, even if I watch every single movie for a second time, the total number is 62 (2021-23 movies that I’ve watched before the start of 2024). There were so very few rewatches from 22-23, only a handful, that I decided to include them now when I've started on 2021.

After that is done, I've got lined up hundreds of movies (and a few tv shows and short films), that I've never seen before from 2021-24, and will probably finish this project by the end of the year, having seen all the big 2024 movies.

I don't think anyone was tired of your doing it; it was more that your approach seemed so clinical, like you were plowing through movies the way a child plows through Christmas presents. I'd love to read more of your reviews, and appreciate how much you enjoy watching movies. I just wish your insights were more substantive.

PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 7:46 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

I love Pearl Jam. I post about their songs, albums, I rank anything that can be ranked.

I also love wrestling, Formula 1, Crystal Palace, and many other things. But I rarely post long reviews about any of them. Rarely do I post a five paragraph post discussing the lyrics on Setting Sun, or on the production of Dark Matter. Neither has happened.

It’s the same with movies. I would rather watch ten movies per week, and post some thoughts about them here or there, maybe rank them, than post long reviews.

If that makes me a child at Christmas, I can live with that.

PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 7:51 pm 
Future Drummer

I have enjoyed following your journey Anders. I've picked up a lot of good recommendations.

PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 7:54 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Thank you tommy, I’ve enjoyed yours as well.

PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 7:57 pm 
Future Drummer

I'm finally watching Psycho tonight. I'm excited to finally see it - I love Hitchcock.

PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 8:01 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Not my favorite of his (still good), but I also love his movies.

PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 9:25 pm 
Future Drummer

tommy wrote:
I'm finally watching Psycho tonight. I'm excited to finally see it - I love Hitchcock.

I thought this happened and you simply glossed over it. Tremendous film, timeless in my mind.

PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 11:05 pm 
The Master

tragabigzanda wrote:
Anders wrote:
I know people were tired of me referencing my project of watching movies from each year chronologically, and especially in regard to rewatches. I have good news for you. I am now doing a final rewatch run for 2021-23 (I have not yet seen any 2024 movies). Only movies, tv shows and short films are not included. It's not a lot, even if I watch every single movie for a second time, the total number is 62 (2021-23 movies that I’ve watched before the start of 2024). There were so very few rewatches from 22-23, only a handful, that I decided to include them now when I've started on 2021.

After that is done, I've got lined up hundreds of movies (and a few tv shows and short films), that I've never seen before from 2021-24, and will probably finish this project by the end of the year, having seen all the big 2024 movies.

I don't think anyone was tired of your doing it; it was more that your approach seemed so clinical, like you were plowing through movies the way a child plows through Christmas presents. I'd love to read more of your reviews, and appreciate how much you enjoy watching movies. I just wish your insights were more substantive.

You’re like everyone’s Tyler Durden.

PostPosted: Wed April 24, 2024 11:21 pm 
Production Police

spike wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Anders wrote:

I am Jack’s tedious post.

PostPosted: Thu April 25, 2024 8:00 am 
The Master

Unsung Hero

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 1:06 am 
Future Drummer

lennytheweedwhacker wrote:
Unsung Hero

Never heard of it. How was it?

This evening I rewatched Inglorious Basterds. What a fucking movie. Is there a more satisfying ending to a movie?

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 6:09 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

After Shogun ended, I was sad. So I'm watching Kogemusha right now. I forgot how good this is.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 8:42 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

tragabigzanda wrote:
spike wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
Anders wrote:

I am Jack’s tedious post.

Trag is in his Russell Crowe´s Unhinged phase.

PostPosted: Fri April 26, 2024 10:40 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

Watching Challengers in a few hours.

PostPosted: Sat April 27, 2024 2:13 am 
Rank This Poster

VinylGuy wrote:
Holdovers was alright. I will never ever watch it again.

Just watched this, and this is exactly how I feel about it.

PostPosted: Sat April 27, 2024 4:04 am 
jeeeesus relax already

VinylGuy wrote:
Watching Challengers in a few hours.

Movie looks gorgeous; some great framing and editing; soundtrack is of course, brilliant and the cast is having fun! But while I really had fun with it, it’s not a serious movie. It’s almost a parody and that’s alright.

PostPosted: Sat April 27, 2024 6:07 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

I saw a promotional scene they released and it looked like some of the blandest shit I've ever seen

PostPosted: Sat April 27, 2024 10:15 am 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

Yeah. Everyone is losing their minds about the OST though. I'll probably just give that a spin.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40732 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2032, 2033, 2034, 2035, 2036, 2037  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment