The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 959, 960, 961, 962, 963, 964, 965 ... 2022  Next
 Post subject: Re: What movies are you watching?
PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 5:32 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

The Predator was as bad as advertised. Shame.

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 5:46 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Watched MI: Rogue Nation the other day. The bad guy reminded me of Mike McCready with the hair and glasses. Took me out of the movie every time because that's just who I saw.

Also is it just me or has anyone else noticed the parallels between MI and the Fast/Furious movie franchise? The first few have nothing to do with each other and then suddenly there's a story being told?

Blood Father was...odd. Not enough revenge. Might have to read the book and see how that fares, since it seemed like it was maybe a little sped up in spots. A book would be able to do that slow burn revenge that's oh so good.

Seven Psychopaths was an interesting flick, not at all what I was expecting. Though I just read the wiki for it and realized I should have expected that since it was the same guy as In Bruges. Weird that Sam Rockwell ended up playing the same basic person three years later in Mr. Right.

Sicario was great all-round. I've seen that scene on the roadway a couple times in gifs and memes but it didn't make it any less awesome. And seeing everyone's favorite burned spy was nice, though the mustache was a weird touch.

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 5:55 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

BLOOD FATHER

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 10:19 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Happy Death Day. Was surprisingly alright

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 10:59 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

The Hole in the ground

Holy shit. I am not a fan of this genre. This is not that. It’s completely weirder.

Worth a watch if you like wanting to crawl out of your skin and leave the cinema at speed, screaming.

PostPosted: Fri February 22, 2019 11:05 pm 

This doesn’t really cover it.
But have a look

PostPosted: Sat February 23, 2019 12:51 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Should I rewatch Top Secret?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat February 23, 2019 1:46 am 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
Should I rewatch Top Secret?

YES!!!!

PostPosted: Sat February 23, 2019 1:52 am 
The Master

After hearing about its legendarily infamous reputation since I was a teenager, I finally got a chance to watch Last House on Dead End Street last night. What a weird, unpleasant, unsettling movie. Most of it just kinda meanders until the final act, when it becomes incredibly brutal, nasty, and disturbing. And it's all coated with this grim, nihilistic, dilapidated grime. You definitely feel dirty after it's over.

Apparently the guy who produced, wrote, directed, and stars in it was a meth addict at the time, and spent all but $800 of the movie's $3000 production budget on drugs. He also looks exactly like Bill Hader, which - to be honest - took me out of the movie a little bit.

PostPosted: Sat February 23, 2019 2:27 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

That might be the best film review I've ever read.

PostPosted: Sat February 23, 2019 9:19 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

The House That Jack Built.

Well, that was interesting. I was bored with a lot of the talk between Dillon and Ganz, but damn if some scenes werent effective. Dillon owns his character so much.

PostPosted: Sun February 24, 2019 5:44 am 
The Master

Jesus, BlacKkKlansman was so bad. I can’t believe people were raving about that stupid montage at the end. I give up.

PostPosted: Sun February 24, 2019 11:56 am 
Major Dude

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
Jesus, BlacKkKlansman was so bad. I can’t believe people were raving about that stupid montage at the end. I give up.

Racist

PostPosted: Sun February 24, 2019 12:51 pm 
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other

The End Of The Tour (2015)

Jesse Eisenberg is a writer for Rolling Stone, follows author Jason Segal as he finishes up his book tour.

I'm only 30 mins in, and it's basically just the two of them talking in every scene. There's been two R.E.M. songs so far, though :hooray:

PostPosted: Sun February 24, 2019 12:52 pm 

Anti white agenda propaganda. Fake footage.

PostPosted: Sun February 24, 2019 2:16 pm 
Rank This Poster

LoathedVermin72 wrote:
After hearing about its legendarily infamous reputation since I was a teenager, I finally got a chance to watch Last House on Dead End Street last night. What a weird, unpleasant, unsettling movie. Most of it just kinda meanders until the final act, when it becomes incredibly brutal, nasty, and disturbing. And it's all coated with this grim, nihilistic, dilapidated grime. You definitely feel dirty after it's over.

Apparently the guy who produced, wrote, directed, and stars in it was a meth addict at the time, and spent all but $800 of the movie's $3000 production budget on drugs. He also looks exactly like Bill Hader, which - to be honest - took me out of the movie a little bit.

I can’t watch this kind of stuff. How do those images not stick with you? I saw a single screen shot from one of those human centipede movies, and when I think about it, like now, it turns my stomach and makes me queasy.

PostPosted: Sun February 24, 2019 2:18 pm 
Rank This Poster

Btw, I’m not saying, how dare you watch movies like that? I’m saying, how can you watch movies like that?

PostPosted: Sun February 24, 2019 2:44 pm 
The Master

daft twat wrote:
LoathedVermin72 wrote:

I can’t watch this kind of stuff. How do those images not stick with you? I saw a single screen shot from one of those human centipede movies, and when I think about it, like now, it turns my stomach and makes me queasy.

I think the images sticking with you is one of the main reasons people like me seek out these films. Since high school, I’ve always been drawn to the most extreme fringe movies I can find. I purposely try to find fucked up, upsetting movies that will disturb me and stick with me. To me, that’s a positive quality. In my case, I think it has something to do with being raised in a sheltering, repressive Christian Midwest household, and wanting to do anything I can to subvert that environment and provoke a reaction. It also doesn’t hurt that I was picked on and often wanted to kill people.

PostPosted: Sun February 24, 2019 3:04 pm 
jeeeesus relax already

LoathedVermin72 wrote:

Its really boring yeah.

PostPosted: Sun February 24, 2019 3:27 pm 

Don’t know how Driver got the Oscar nomination for his role. I mean he was good but

If Richard E Grant doesn’t win it tonight, it’s a travesty.
He’s fuckin fantastic in can you ever forgive me

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 959, 960, 961, 962, 963, 964, 965 ... 2022  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment