The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post subject: Re: The Offical Animated Superhero TV & Movie Thread
PostPosted: Thu February 13, 2014 9:35 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I like Arrow despite its limitations. I'm willing to give these new shows a shot.

PostPosted: Thu February 13, 2014 11:19 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

Maybe remove "Animated" from the thread title, and also is Agents of Shield any good?

PostPosted: Thu February 13, 2014 11:21 pm 
RM Elitist

theplatypus wrote:
Maybe remove "Animated" from the thread title, and also is Agents of Shield any good?

ugh. I watched the first couple and it felt like a less interesting Heroes.

PostPosted: Fri February 14, 2014 12:49 am 
Future Drummer

theplatypus wrote:

it's a slow builder - it's getting better now that we are well into it.

Post subject: Re: The Offical Animated & Live Action TV\DTV Superhero Thre
PostPosted: Tue February 25, 2014 12:24 am 

Probably the best animated version.

Quote:
The Spectacular Spider-Man: The Complete Series Looks to Be Coming to Blu-ray

The Spectacular Spider-Man looks to be finally getting a Complete Series collection, coming to Blu-ray in the near future.

While Sony have yet to put out an official press release about the set, it is now available as a pre-order on Amazon with a release date of April 22nd. That date makes sense, as it would be just a couple of weeks before the release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2, and studios often release catalog titles relating to characters who have a big movie coming out, to capitalize on the accompanying hype.

Sony have previously released a Season 1 set for The Spectacular Spider-Man but Season 2 was only released in four separate "Volume" releases, with three to four episodes each - so not only was there never a Complete Series set, there wasn't even a proper Season 2 set.

Fans had long hoped for a collection of all 26-episodes of the beloved but short-lived series - and having it be on Blu-ray is even better, given the show has never been put out in that format. The DVD News Flash Facebook page lists the only extras as being the "Stylizing Spidey" and "Spider-Man: Re-Animated" featurettes and a music video, which would be disappointing given these were the already-minimal extras on the Season 1 set and it looks like nothing else new has been added. On the other hand, unfortunately, it wouldn't be a big surprise if Sony declined to spend the money on any new notable extras - and it's great to, at the very least, finally have this wonderful show in one collection.

Thanks to the Keep The Spectacular Spider-Man Alive! Facebook page for the heads up on this.

PostPosted: Tue February 25, 2014 5:06 am 
AnalLog

started watching Marvel's Iron Man and Hulk: Heros United. really don't like the "groundbreaking animation."

PostPosted: Tue February 25, 2014 3:34 pm 

Yeah it was horrible.

PostPosted: Fri February 28, 2014 9:48 pm 

Quote:
Warner Bros. TV has revealed the first image from The CW's pilot The Flash, as they prepare to go into production on the pilot next week.

PostPosted: Mon March 03, 2014 3:03 am 
AnalLog

Wolverine and the X-men - still my all time fav. Just so well written.
THEY NEED TO MAKE SEASON 2!!!!!

anyone remember Robotech from the 80s? LOVED the Macros series... rest of it was... well last time i tried to watch it i fell asleep every other episode.

PostPosted: Mon March 03, 2014 3:44 pm 

The third Robotech was my favorite with the cyclones. I didn't care for the first two.

PostPosted: Mon March 03, 2014 5:12 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

i liked the first one and the one that had the motorcycles that switched to body armor

PostPosted: Mon March 03, 2014 6:04 pm 

Peeps wrote:
the motorcycles that switched to body armor

Cyclones!

PostPosted: Tue March 04, 2014 4:52 am 
AnalLog

somewhere in that first part, has one of my favorite lines in anything...
right before one of the new recruits first major battles,

"hey max you feeling okay? youre looking kinda green"
HES DRAWN GREEN! hes always green LOL

PostPosted: Wed March 05, 2014 11:36 pm 

Quote:
"Gotham" Casts Young Bruce Wayne & Catwoman

Young "Touch" star David Mazouz has scored the role of a pre-teen Bruce Wayne in Fox's upcoming Batman-prequel series "Gotham".

Mazouz will play the 13-year-old Bruce who leans on his butler Alfred (Sean Pertwee) and Commissioner James Gordon (Ben McKenzie) for guidance after his wealthy parents are murdered.

Warner Bros. TV, which is producing the series, carefully points out that Mazouz will not, at any point in the series, become Batman.

Another casting choice announced today is newcomer Camren Bicondova ("Battlefield America") in the role of a young Selena Kyle, an orphan street thief and pickpocket who will eventually become Catwoman.

Bicondova is part of the Hawaiian all-female dance crew 8 Flavahz so her physical dexterity will likely come into play in the role.

PostPosted: Mon March 31, 2014 5:15 am 
Rank This Poster

I like how arrows bringing in all these random dc characters.. just started watching this season and I like it a lot

This week is gonna be great with deathstroke as the villain

PostPosted: Wed April 02, 2014 4:20 pm 

Yeah did you catch the Harley Quinn voice in the Suicide Squad episode?

PostPosted: Sat April 05, 2014 8:25 pm 
Future Drummer

Idk if John Constantine counts as a superhero but..

Spoiler: show
Quote:
Some new details have been revealed about the pilot episode of 'Constantine,' an upcoming TV series based on DC's occult detective.

Formerly seen in the 2005 film starring Keanu Reeves and directed by Francis Lawrence, the show promises to be considerably closer to the source material - in which, notably, the title character was blonde-haired and British (though this is not the only thing the film changed, not necessarily for the better).

The pilot episode is currently in production, directed by Britain's own Neil Marshall ('The Descent,' 'Doomsday,' and a notably epic episode of 'Game of Thrones') with Matt Ryan as the eponymous lead John Constantine.

Shock Till You Drop report they've had a look at Daniel Cerone's script for the pilot, and have uncovered a number of hitherto unknown details which may shed a little light on what we can expect from the eventual series.

Firstly, the setting: "The pilot takes place in and around New York City (which I don't think has been known about until now)."

Secondly, we're getting straight into dark territory with the central anti-hero who is never short of demons, figuratively or literally; reportedly when we meet John, he "has voluntarily checked himself into a psychiatric clinic... haunted by an incident in which he lost a 9-year-old girl to a demon who has dragged her soul to hell."

However, this John is apparently still the "clever wise-ass" he's always been in the comics, who "masks his emotions with wry humor."

We are also told a little more about the female lead Liv Parsons, played by 'Robin Hood' and 'True Blood' star Lucy Griffiths.

Liv is "a young woman who works at a rental car facility, gets caught up in John's world when she discovers something is after her." Turns out John knew her dead father, and subsequently Liv becomes "our conduit to John's world of rituals, pendants, black magic" - perhaps not unlike Rachel Weisz's character was in the movie.

Apparently the pilot lays "the foundation... for a long-lasting partnership between Liv and John. Now that she's aware of the world beyond ours, she wants to use her knowledge to help others. But is John willing to assist her?"

While STYD avoid going into great detail, they seem very positive about the 'Constantine' pilot script overall, suggesting it may wind up in a similar spirit to TV's 'Sleepy Hollow' and 'Supernatural.'

Speaking for myself, I have the utmost faith in director Neil Marshall, and it's very clear that they're sticking at least a little closer to the character as established in the comics than the Keanu Reeves movie did - which, in my book, can only be a good thing.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/constantine ... 00305.html

I'm both excited but bracing myself for disappointment for this and Gotham.

PostPosted: Wed August 27, 2014 2:09 pm 

Finally got around to watching Justice League War. It was as flawed as the comic it was based on particularly Wonder Woman and Superman's personalities. Though I did like Wonder Woman's fight scenes. Everything with Batman was good and I liked his interactions with Green Lantern even if the later was a little too jokey. Flash, Cyborg and Shazam were good. I think I'm in the minority but I like Billy Batson's new 52 origin\characterization. The language was over the top probably not for kids.

Post subject: Re: The Official Animated TV\DTV Superhero Thread
PostPosted: Mon October 09, 2017 1:58 pm 

Cool!

Quote:
Batman: Animated Series” Remastered For Blu-ray

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced that they are remastering the iconic 1990s “Batman: The Animated Series” for Blu-ray release in the latter half of 2018.

The news came during a New York Comic Con panel on Sunday afternoon marking the 25th anniversary of the original’s premiere in 1992 on FOX.

Gary Miereanu, a Warner Bros. representative, held up a DVD box set to giveaway saying this would be the last time Warners would be giving away a set on DVD – because a remastered Blu-ray version of the series is scheduled to be released “later in the year in 2018”.

No word as yet if the remaster will be released only on Blu-ray, or if it will come to 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray as well. It’s also unclear if the studio will put out individual Blu-ray ‘volume’ packages like the DVD sets from 2005 or if it will release one major Blu-ray set for the 85-episode original series and the 24 episodes of The New Batman Adventures ala the 2008 “Batman: The Complete Animated Series” DVD boxset.

More details will hopefully be forthcoming soon.

Source: Polygon

Post subject: Re: The Official Animated TV\DTV Superhero Thread
PostPosted: Mon October 09, 2017 2:00 pm 

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment