The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: movie: Captain America: Winter Soldier
PostPosted: Thu April 10, 2014 3:40 am 
Mind Your Tanners

SHIT, there was more after the credits!
Spoiler: show
The End Credits Scene

So at the very end of the credits we see Bucky/Winter Soldier going to the Smithsonian and discovering his true identity. There is a memorial for James "Bucky" Barnes at the Captain America exhibit that features a picture of Bucky and a biography on him. This certifies that Bucky will be back for more MARVEL movies.

BTW, great casting of GSP as Batroc. The fight scene with Cap was awesome.

PostPosted: Thu April 10, 2014 4:10 am 
AnalLog

Stickman wrote:
The End Credits Scene

So at the very end of the credits we see Bucky/Winter Soldier going to the Smithsonian and discovering his true identity. There is a memorial for James "Bucky" Barnes at the Captain America exhibit that features a picture of Bucky and a biography on him. This certifies that Bucky will be back for more MARVEL movies.

yeah that end credit scene was great... Bucky / Winter Soldier is such an awesome character

PostPosted: Thu April 10, 2014 11:02 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

for those who do not know from the comics

it was re-established that while bucky was caps sidekick that was only one of the missions he undertook. In the movie we see black widow doing a side mission for nick without caps knowledge. same held true in the comics for bucky. bucky was to do the dirty work (wetworks) stuff that cap WOULDN'T do. he was a trained assassin and spy unbeknownst to Cap. so its not like they just programmed WS to be a killer, in the comis he always was, he just put up a front when around Cap that he needed more protection than he did

PostPosted: Thu April 10, 2014 12:07 pm 
Future Drummer

Stickman wrote:
The End Credits Scene

Yeah, I missed that one too. :|

PostPosted: Thu April 10, 2014 3:50 pm 
AnalLog

Peeps wrote:

it was re-established that while bucky was caps sidekick that was only one of the missions he undertook. In the movie we see black widow doing a side mission for nick without caps knowledge. same held true in the comics for bucky. bucky was to do the dirty work (wetworks) stuff that cap WOULDN'T do. he was a trained assassin and spy unbeknownst to Cap. so its not like they just programmed WS to be a killer, in the comis he always was, he just put up a front when around Cap that he needed more protection than he did

Wolverine Origins : Our War really fills all that in nicely

PostPosted: Thu April 10, 2014 4:29 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Peeps wrote:

Wolverine Origins : Our War really fills all that in nicely

i couldnt remember which series it was :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri April 11, 2014 10:24 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

fackin hell
Marvel's movie masterplan extends to 2028, says president

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 4:00 am 
RM Elitist

I really enjoyed this.

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 4:41 am 
AnalLog

Stickman wrote:

Yeah I saw that too, which is why I laugh at all the fan boys who want Marvel to take back X-men/Spider-man/Fantastic 4 franchises from Fox/Sony/Fox. Marvels already got their hands/studio full till 2028 LOL
Fox has X-men this year, Fantastic 4 next year, 2016 X-men Apocalypse, 2017 Wolverine 3, 2018 X-Force, with a Fantastic 4 - 2 somewhere in there.
Sony is working on 5! Spider-man spin offs (focusing more on the Villains?) over the next 5 or so years
Marvel will stick with 2 movies per year (possible 3 on occasion)
so between now and 2020, youre looking at apx at least 24 more Marvel character movies!

I really really liked Cap 2, a lot more than there other movies, but it still had some holes.
Cap goes from saving NYC to being SHIELD enemy #1, and only Agent 13 questions it, and only questions it for all of 2 seconds lol. And no explanation to what Tony, Bruce, and Thor are up too? why cant Cap contact one of them when shits hitting the fan??? Obviously its a Cap movie, but after Avengers, you NEED that 1 line to explain why he cant go to the other Avengers. Iron Man 3 had the same problem (was actually even worse in IM3) if youre going to set up a giant universe, you cant just ignore the rest of the universe lol

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 5:37 am 
slower than 82% of US

The best things about this movie were
Nick Fury's tombstone's bible verse and Stan Lee

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 5:43 am 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

Madtigger: That kinda crossed my mind in Iron Man 3, but not here. I figure Thor was out of reach, hulk was too (and maybe more trouble than he's worth, and who knows, Iron Man could be Hydra.

I think there was much worse little things, but I didn't care. It was fun. The most annoying:

the whole "I've been stalling to keep you here while an ICBM kills you- oh I didn't plan on you slipping under a small grate."

And Black Widow trying to explain why they should kiss in the mall. Sorry, but Scarlett Johansson kissing a giant blonde dude is going to draw attention.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 10:41 am 
Future Drummer

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Stickman wrote:

Yeah I saw that too, which is why I laugh at all the fan boys who want Marvel to take back X-men/Spider-man/Fantastic 4 franchises from Fox/Sony/Fox. Marvels already got their hands/studio full till 2028 LOL
Fox has X-men this year, Fantastic 4 next year, 2016 X-men Apocalypse, 2017 Wolverine 3, 2018 X-Force, with a Fantastic 4 - 2 somewhere in there.
Sony is working on 5! Spider-man spin offs (focusing more on the Villains?) over the next 5 or so years
Marvel will stick with 2 movies per year (possible 3 on occasion)
so between now and 2020, youre looking at apx at least 24 more Marvel character movies!

So does Fox own all the mutant movie rights?

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 11:24 am 
Misplaced My Sponge

doone wrote:

they major xmen characters yes. this is why both the xmen and avengers both have a quicksilver and scarlet witch

i have seen people make the same complaint about why not call the other avengers. wouldnt that be an easy out? you cant just pull a Deus ex machina out of your ass. its a self contained story of cap and the people he works with currently. while the avengers have been assembled in the past its not like they are all hanging together at avengers mansion or stark tower. this is 2 years after avengers. people go on their separate ways and its not like it would be believable that cap would stop in the middle of being hunted down by hydra to call tony and ask for help. the hulk pretty much likes to be on his own and left alone generally.

to have this as a complaint is just ridiculous

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 5:09 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Peeps wrote:
doone wrote:

they major xmen characters yes. this is why both the xmen and avengers both have a quicksilver and scarlet witch

i have seen people make the same complaint about why not call the other avengers. wouldnt that be an easy out? you cant just pull a Deus ex machina out of your ass. its a self contained story of cap and the people he works with currently. while the avengers have been assembled in the past its not like they are all hanging together at avengers mansion or stark tower. this is 2 years after avengers. people go on their separate ways and its not like it would be believable that cap would stop in the middle of being hunted down by hydra to call tony and ask for help. the hulk pretty much likes to be on his own and left alone generally.

to have this as a complaint is just ridiculous

It was a world crisis, though

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 6:43 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

Yeah, it WOULD help them a bit if they would have the individual stories be less of "THE ENTIRE WORLD IS IN GRAVE DANGER" and focus on smaller threats. World danger stuff is getting tiresome in movies, anyway, and when you have such a massive ensemble it really does leave you going "Uh, call some help in, Einstein."

People can go their separate ways, and can do separate things, but I have a hard time believing they can't be bothered to help each other when the keywords are "GRAVE," "DANGER," and "PLANET"

It didn't prevent this from being a stupid great movie, though.

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 7:03 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

I just figured the others were off saving the world from firebreathing people, space elves and, in Hulk's Case, moping somewhere. People are busy.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 7:06 pm 
RM Elitist

Does the Captain have the ability to get in touch with Thor? Or Hulk? Iron Man sure, but it's not like this was a 4 week buildup, it seems like everything in this happened in a couple of days.

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 7:15 pm 

In any case, I don't think it even requires a line of dialogue. Its assumed.

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 7:17 pm 
slower than 82% of US

BurtReynolds wrote:
In any case, I don't think it even requires a line of dialogue. Its assumed.

it was though! "Trust no one"

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 7:22 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

The tie-in episode of Agents of SHIELD was the first time I've watched that show without thinking "man, that was a waste of time" afterwards.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment