The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: movie: Captain America: Winter Soldier
PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 8:14 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

MadTIGERmaN wrote:
Stickman wrote:

Yeah I saw that too, which is why I laugh at all the fan boys who want Marvel to take back X-men/Spider-man/Fantastic 4 franchises from Fox/Sony/Fox. Marvels already got their hands/studio full till 2028 LOL
Fox has X-men this year, Fantastic 4 next year, 2016 X-men Apocalypse, 2017 Wolverine 3, 2018 X-Force, with a Fantastic 4 - 2 somewhere in there.
Sony is working on 5! Spider-man spin offs (focusing more on the Villains?) over the next 5 or so years
Marvel will stick with 2 movies per year (possible 3 on occasion)
so between now and 2020, youre looking at apx at least 24 more Marvel character movies!

I really really liked Cap 2, a lot more than there other movies, but it still had some holes.
Spoiler: show
Cap goes from saving NYC to being SHIELD enemy #1, and only Agent 13 questions it, and only questions it for all of 2 seconds lol. And no explanation to what Tony, Bruce, and Thor are up too? why cant Cap contact one of them when shits hitting the fan??? Obviously its a Cap movie, but after Avengers, you NEED that 1 line to explain why he cant go to the other Avengers. Iron Man 3 had the same problem (was actually even worse in IM3) if youre going to set up a giant universe, you cant just ignore the rest of the universe lol

It did occur to me as well; where's Ironman? He could be across the country in no time, assuming this movie takes places some time after Tony destroyed all the suits, built a new lab and made Mark 43 or whatever number he's up to.

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 8:26 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

wait, isn't Ironman busy being not Ironman right about now?

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 9:06 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Mecca wrote:
It was a world crisis, though

it was a global crisis for SHIELD, not for the world. I am sure there are crisis's happening the world right now that the CIA or FBI or whomever are dealing with yet the public doesnt know about.

i think the only time the "world" was aware of anything is the hellicarriers. and even then do you think cap is going to be like OH SHI....someone call asgard STAT

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 9:25 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Peeps wrote:
Mecca wrote:

it was a global crisis for SHIELD, not for the world. I am sure there are crisis's happening the world right now that the CIA or FBI or whomever are dealing with yet the public doesnt know about.

i think the only time the "world" was aware of anything is the hellicarriers. and even then do you think cap is going to be like OH SHI....someone call asgard STAT

Stark is the likeliest lifeline and a logical choice to help after the Hydra reveal. It isn't out of the question to ask these things.

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 9:59 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

And let's not forget, let's NOT forget, dude, that Ironman is a raging drunk, and those can't be relied on to do much of anything.

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 10:03 pm 

Has stip seen this yet? he needs to hate this movie because if everyone on RM agrees that this is a good movie then the apocalypse is surely right around the corner.

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 11:00 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

Mecca wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Stark is the likeliest lifeline and a logical choice to help after the Hydra reveal. It isn't out of the question to ask these things.

if it was a weeks long event ill give you that, but the fact that this happened at such a fast pace allows that plausibility that there was no time

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 11:08 pm 
slower than 82% of US

Peeps wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Mecca wrote:

if it was a weeks long event ill give you that, but the fact that this happened at such a fast pace allows that plausibility that there was no time

but Dr. Strange had to have known he was being targeted

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 11:10 pm 
AnalLog

Peeps wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Peeps wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I felt it was a much bigger problem in Iron Man 3, Iron Man 2, he gets drunk at a party, Fury shows up THE NEXT MORNINg to say "yo mother fucker, this aint cool" Iron Man 3, Stark has his house BLOWN UP, possibly dropping Iron Man Mk 1-42 into the ocean for the terrorist to grab? and SHIELD wasnt even mentioned? So drunk Tony in an Iron Man suit is Shields concern, Terrorist blowing up Iron Mans house is Iron Mans concern?

the reason its a problem in Cap 2, is Hydra is on the verge of taking 3 Hellacarriers, and killing off 20 million people. Yes its a race against time, but, Cap and Black Widow could drive from Washington DC to Wheaton NJ, and not even think about "hey should we call Stark?" Youve established a bigger universe, you cant ignore it at this point.

Compare those comments to The Wolverine, it was a small scale battle, no world disaster to stop, Logan didnt need to call the X-men.

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 11:21 pm 
NEVER STOP JAMMING!

@SkitchP wrote:
Does the Captain have the ability to get in touch with Thor? Or Hulk? Iron Man sure, but it's not like this was a 4 week buildup, it seems like everything in this happened in a couple of days.

Apologies if I'm late in responding, as this missive must certainly be reaching you several months after my initial decision to script it in blood and then place it in the one glass bottle that has bothered to wash up on the shores of my island. I could have used any of the plastic ones, I guess, but I'm saving them up to build a mate.

I'd say that a group of people who have all signed on to a massive multinational secret agent team can probably be assumed to be capable of reaching each other. Iron Man 3 did a good job of just farting out an easy line....I think it was something like "Cap's busy up north with that other thing." Amazing, how such a hand-waving line can just justify any old plot element without needing anything more.

Quote:
Has stip seen this yet? he needs to hate this movie because if everyone on RM agrees that this is a good movie then the apocalypse is surely right around the corner.

If stip likes it, I'll have to assume the rest of us were just duped. Or maybe hypnotized. I dunno. The point is nothing that stip likes can ever be good, and this movie was very much good.

PostPosted: Sat April 12, 2014 11:54 pm 
The worst

BurtReynolds wrote:

Hopefully this week

I Am No Guide - Pearl Jam Song by Song - Coming this July!
He/Him/His

PostPosted: Mon April 14, 2014 2:21 am 
AnalLog

McParadigm wrote:

I'd say that a group of people who have all signed on to a massive multinational secret agent team can probably be assumed to be capable of reaching each other. .

the cartoons, almost right away Stark has lil Avengers credit card pagers to get in touch with each other anytime trouble arises.

Its the one thing Fox definitely gets right in the X-movies... both Wolverine solo flicks, the action was downsized to fit a solo character driving story.

either way I still really liked Cap, and I read in USA Today Bucky is signed on for like 6 more movies??? WTF???

PostPosted: Mon April 14, 2014 4:45 am 
Mind Your Tanners

MadTIGERmaN wrote:

either way I still really liked Cap, and I read in USA Today Bucky is signed on for like 6 more movies??? WTF???

Ummm, yeah, about Cap after the 3rd movie....

PostPosted: Tue April 15, 2014 2:21 am 
AnalLog

Stickman wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:

how bout a Winter Soldier / Black Widow team up tracking down Hydra! :peace:

PostPosted: Tue April 15, 2014 2:19 pm 
Future Drummer

Stickman wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:

So is it safe to say they have a plan in mind to make Sebastian Stan the next Captain American in the near future?

PostPosted: Tue April 15, 2014 3:02 pm 
Future Drummer

i got my 12 bucks worth

PostPosted: Tue April 15, 2014 3:20 pm 
Misplaced My Sponge

lowlight79 wrote:
Stickman wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:

So is it safe to say they have a plan in mind to make Sebastian Stan the next Captain American in the near future?

More than likely. chris evans i believe has stated he only wants to do X amount of movies as cap. in the comics bucky takes over as Cap when steve is allegedly killed. it made for some great reading for sure

PostPosted: Tue April 15, 2014 3:25 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

lowlight79 wrote:
Stickman wrote:
MadTIGERmaN wrote:

well, put it this way, Evans' contract is up after Cap 3 (he originally signed on to do 6 Marvel pictures) and Sebastian Stan has a 9 picture deal in place. They just might follow the comic storyline and kill off Evans in Cap 3.

PostPosted: Tue April 15, 2014 3:27 pm 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

A 6-movie deal doesn't necessarily mean they'll actually be in 6 other movies. Actors are sometimes just kept on retainer in case they're needed, and in case of any schedule conflicts the Marvel movies will take precedence. Sometimes people will sign multi-movie deals and only end up appearing in one of them (like Billy Dee Williams in the Burton Batman movies). Not saying that's the case with Sebastian Stan, but it happens sometimes.

PostPosted: Tue April 15, 2014 4:09 pm 
The Master

theplatypus wrote:
A 6-movie deal doesn't necessarily mean they'll actually be in 6 other movies. Actors are sometimes just kept on retainer in case they're needed, and in case of any schedule conflicts the Marvel movies will take precedence. Sometimes people will sign multi-movie deals and only end up appearing in one of them (like Billy Dee Williams in the Burton Batman movies). Not saying that's the case with Sebastian Stan, but it happens sometimes.

i expect a 3-movie deal to play a supporting role in your first feature film series

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment