Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Fri September 27, 2013 11:56 am

My wife wanted to watch this. I agreed to watch with her. After it was over, I looked at her and she just said, "Sorry."

Terrible.

Wed April 09, 2014 11:40 am

For those who wrote this show off earlier, fyi

...while it’s still unclear what the long game is here, one thing is certain: Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. is becoming a far better TV show. “Turn, Turn, Turn” is the first episode to actually take place during the events of a Marvel movie rather than just dealing with the fallout, and while some of the developments probably come out of nowhere for people that haven’t seen the number one movie in the world, the story greatly benefits from the events of the film.

The beginning of this series suffered from a lack of a strong antagonist, .... It made for a listless start to the series, but now that all the juicy secrets have been revealed, the momentum is picking up and the show is becoming much more complex and captivating.

Link full of spoilers for show and CA: The Winter Soldier - http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/marvels-agents-shield-turn-turn-turn-203251

Fri April 11, 2014 1:00 pm

So I've watched the whole season. Started off cheesy, and while it has gotten better, the "May" character is just awful and so poorly acted it ruins everything else for me because she is a main character.

Fri April 11, 2014 1:45 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:So I've watched the whole season. Started off cheesy, and while it has gotten better, the "May" character is just awful and so poorly acted it ruins everything else for me because she is a main character.

i would say that its not poorly acted it is just how the character is supposed to be. very cold and calculated without letting anyone in her personal space. and while the show did start slowly i cant think of a show that started off supreme from the get-go (probably less than 5 ever if i thought about it) it just takes some time for a group who is supposed to interact so tightly to find their groove.

Fri April 11, 2014 2:56 pm

I haven't watched this but I'll echo Peeps as far as genre shows tend to need a season or so to figure it out. Of course a lot of times they are cancelled right when they get good since viewers gave up on them.

Fri April 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Plenty of shows are great from the beginning. Rarely does a show start off bad and then recover. you guys are high.

Sat April 12, 2014 12:18 am

For every X-Files or BSG there is a Star Trek TNG or DS9. Stargate Universe....Arrow. These types of shows can take a bit to find their footing. In Stargate Universes case they axed it right when it got good. Sci-Fi\Fantasy\Superhero shows are tricky. It's not like cop shows or whatever. Tone can be tough.

Sat April 12, 2014 1:51 pm

There's a pretty significant difference between a show needing a couple weeks to "find its footing," and being outright unwatchably bad for months.

Fri October 10, 2014 12:31 am

So how was this?

Fri October 10, 2014 12:59 am

Outright unwatchably bad.

Sun October 12, 2014 2:55 am

haters :shake:

Tue December 30, 2014 2:03 am

Now they're advertising Agent Carter. Is that like the next season of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Tue December 30, 2014 2:22 am

B wrote:Now they're advertising Agent Carter. Is that like the next season of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

A six episode mini-series, I think. The regular show isn't coming back until March.

Tue April 14, 2015 12:57 pm

I just finished season 1. About 2/3rds of the way through this series actually became quite good. A few things I hated about characters ended up paying off, people became much more comfortable with their roles, the fight scenes got much better, the humor was more comfortable, and the plot was pretty compelling. This ended up being worth my time.

I'm not going to start season 2 until after age of ultron, though.

Tue April 14, 2015 12:57 pm

season 2 and daredevil are next on my list. was that agent carter thing any good?

Tue April 14, 2015 1:06 pm

stip wrote:I just finished season 1. About 2/3rds of the way through this series actually became quite good. A few things I hated about characters ended up paying off, people became much more comfortable with their roles, the fight scenes got much better, the humor was more comfortable, and the plot was pretty compelling. This ended up being worth my time.

I think it's more likely that you got acclimated to mediocrity

Spoiler: show

Tue April 14, 2015 1:25 pm

theplatypus wrote:
stip wrote:I just finished season 1. About 2/3rds of the way through this series actually became quite good. A few things I hated about characters ended up paying off, people became much more comfortable with their roles, the fight scenes got much better, the humor was more comfortable, and the plot was pretty compelling. This ended up being worth my time.

I think it's more likely that you got acclimated to mediocrity

Spoiler: show

Excellent post, jorge.

Tue April 14, 2015 1:26 pm

stip wrote:season 2 and daredevil are next on my list. was that agent carter thing any good?

as a mini-series, yes. But if they make it a full fledged show, I can't see it being too good.

Tue April 14, 2015 1:27 pm

stip wrote:

The thing is, stip, season 2 picks up the day after Captain America: Winter Soldier takes place. So you might want to watch before Ultron.

Tue April 14, 2015 1:48 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
stip wrote:

The thing is, stip, season 2 picks up the day after Captain America: Winter Soldier takes place. So you might want to watch before Ultron.

I don't want anything revealed in Ultron to be spoiled by the show, though. I am glad I learned about HYDRA in Winter Soldier.
Post a reply