Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Wed September 25, 2013 11:45 am

I caught this last night and I thought it was good. I was not blown away by it but I'm on board to see where it goes. I'm a little concerned with the team members. Not a lot of them excite me yet, but it seems like Joss Whedon shows get better with time as the characters dynamics develop.

I'm not quite sold as Coulson being the "bad ass" leader. We'll see how that develops.

There were a few nice nod to comic book fans which is always cool but it never seemed over the top to the point if you had not read or seen any movies you were missing anything.

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Wed September 25, 2013 12:49 pm

I agree; I'm willing to see where this goes. :thumbsup:

did they say Coulson was supposed to be "bad-ass"? That's not the word I'd use. ;)

Wed September 25, 2013 1:13 pm

I shut it off after 20 minutes. Completely absent the redeeming charm of The Avengers and basically unwatchable for non-comic book people. I could see people who are into super heroes liking it, but that was not for me.

Wed September 25, 2013 1:16 pm

It's on on Friday evening here. I won't be able to catch it but I'll probably catch up with it on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it.

Wed September 25, 2013 4:58 pm

I have it on the dvr. Debating if I want to watch it alone or with my 7 year old. I have a feeling it would bore him.....maybe me too.

Fri September 27, 2013 12:08 am

terrible

Fri September 27, 2013 12:54 am

joss whedon has never made a bad show.

Fri September 27, 2013 12:54 am

except for season 4 of angel. what the fuck was that.

Fri September 27, 2013 1:28 am

I liked it. I'll watch it again.

Fri September 27, 2013 3:13 am

WtOB? wrote:except for season 4 of angel. what the fuck was that.

i LOVED season 4

the episode where faith breaks out...the full on transformation of wesley into a total bad ass...what the hell is not to like?

Fri September 27, 2013 3:51 am

i figured coulson would be a LMD

Fri September 27, 2013 4:04 am

WtOB? wrote:joss whedon has never made a bad show.

dollhouse

Fri September 27, 2013 4:17 am

From one of the press releases I read (awhile ago) it sounds like they really story arced the season... so expect it to build slow... Think they even said it compares to Battle Star Gallatica's story telling?

I didnt watch it yet though... might just wait for the DVD release and watch it in one shot

Fri September 27, 2013 6:54 am

psychobain wrote:
WtOB? wrote:joss whedon has never made a bad show.

dollhouse

dollhouse was fucking amazing. :finger:

Fri September 27, 2013 6:59 am

Peeps wrote:

i LOVED season 4

the episode where faith breaks out...the full on transformation of wesley into a total bad ass...what the hell is not to like?

those are two very good parts (especially wesley's transformation) but the shit with cordelia fucking conner? whaaat? and lots of other shit from the second half of the season that i can't remember that was just agonizing.

at least it leads to season 5 which is not only the best season but may be better than any buffy.

Fri September 27, 2013 8:40 am

WtOB? wrote:
Peeps wrote:

i LOVED season 4

those are two very good parts (especially wesley's transformation) but the shit with cordelia fucking conner? whaaat? and lots of other shit from the second half of the season that i can't remember that was just agonizing.

at least it leads to season 5 which is not only the best season but may be better than any buffy.

But Connor and Cordy boning is pertinent to jasmine being created. As far as season 5 goes how smile time did not get more universally recognized pisses me off

Fri September 27, 2013 8:46 am

This starts here tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

Fri September 27, 2013 10:05 am

MadTIGERmaN wrote:From one of the press releases I read (awhile ago) it sounds like they really story arced the season... so expect it to build slow... Think they even said it compares to Battle Star Gallatica's story telling?

So... it's a "return to form" and "best show since Yield" for Whedon?

Fri September 27, 2013 10:34 am

Peeps wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
Peeps wrote:

i LOVED season 4

But Connor and Cordy boning is pertinent to jasmine being created. As far as season 5 goes how smile time did not get more universally recognized pisses me off

yeah but the jasmine thing is so stupid. the whole show gets lost up its own arse by the end. maybe it's because whedon was too focused on buffy, which was in its final season at the time.

smile time is fucking awesome. i also love that episode where angel is sick because of that weird slug thing eve puts him and the whole episode is a sick dream-like blur. the eve character is great.

Fri September 27, 2013 11:27 am

WtOB? wrote:
Peeps wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
Peeps wrote:

i LOVED season 4

yeah but the jasmine thing is so stupid. the whole show gets lost up its own arse by the end. maybe it's because whedon was too focused on buffy, which was in its final season at the time.

smile time is fucking awesome. i also love that episode where angel is sick because of that weird slug thing eve puts him and the whole episode is a sick dream-like blur. the eve character is great.

it was a fun watch i thought (the whole jasmine thing though i was pissed cause i knew cordy was a goner and she and angel wouldnt get together) but i honestly thought connor really shined at times that season.

eve was awesome as the liason to the wolf, the ram and the heart. Lorn was spectacular as comic relief. i really just thought from the get go no matter who they brought on the chemistry was going to be near perfect.
Post a reply