The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2013 11:45 am 
Offline
Broken Tamborine
 Profile

Joined: Mon January 07, 2013 1:03 pm
Posts: 261
Location: Atlanta, GA
I caught this last night and I thought it was good. I was not blown away by it but I'm on board to see where it goes. I'm a little concerned with the team members. Not a lot of them excite me yet, but it seems like Joss Whedon shows get better with time as the characters dynamics develop.

I'm not quite sold as Coulson being the "bad ass" leader. We'll see how that develops.

There were a few nice nod to comic book fans which is always cool but it never seemed over the top to the point if you had not read or seen any movies you were missing anything.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2013 12:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:17 pm
Posts: 2308
Location: right there
I agree; I'm willing to see where this goes. :thumbsup:

did they say Coulson was supposed to be "bad-ass"? That's not the word I'd use. ;)

_________________
Art never killed anybody.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2013 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:24 pm
Posts: 3076
Location: Death Machine Inc's HQ
I shut it off after 20 minutes. Completely absent the redeeming charm of The Avengers and basically unwatchable for non-comic book people. I could see people who are into super heroes liking it, but that was not for me.

_________________
the sentinel remains vigilant


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2013 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
likes rhythmic things that butt up against each other
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 11:23 pm
Posts: 570
Location: By The Sea.
It's on on Friday evening here. I won't be able to catch it but I'll probably catch up with it on Saturday. I'm looking forward to it.

_________________
Strat wrote:
I trust no one who thinks parachutes is a terrible song.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Wed September 25, 2013 4:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Fake NYC Setlist Relayer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Posts: 7791
I have it on the dvr. Debating if I want to watch it alone or with my 7 year old. I have a feeling it would bore him.....maybe me too.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Fri September 27, 2013 12:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:47 pm
Posts: 1837
terrible

_________________
It's not our house that we remember,
it’s a feeling outside it when everyone's gone but we leave all the lights on anyway.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Fri September 27, 2013 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:03 am
Posts: 5141
Location: by the ocean
joss whedon has never made a bad show.

_________________
Dev wrote:
those who are fulfilled by life are either simpletons or lack conscientiousness.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Fri September 27, 2013 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:03 am
Posts: 5141
Location: by the ocean
except for season 4 of angel. what the fuck was that.

_________________
Dev wrote:
those who are fulfilled by life are either simpletons or lack conscientiousness.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Fri September 27, 2013 1:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
Unqualified to be an Admin
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed December 19, 2012 9:53 pm
Posts: 7925
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, USA
I liked it. I'll watch it again.

_________________
"In a roundabout way, Boba Fett created Pearl Jam." - Chuck Klosterman


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Fri September 27, 2013 3:13 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 3759
WtOB? wrote:
except for season 4 of angel. what the fuck was that.



i LOVED season 4

the episode where faith breaks out...the full on transformation of wesley into a total bad ass...what the hell is not to like?

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Fri September 27, 2013 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 3759
i figured coulson would be a LMD

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Fri September 27, 2013 4:04 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 2:47 pm
Posts: 1837
WtOB? wrote:
joss whedon has never made a bad show.


dollhouse

_________________
It's not our house that we remember,
it’s a feeling outside it when everyone's gone but we leave all the lights on anyway.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Fri September 27, 2013 4:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
AnalLog
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 7:12 am
Posts: 1283
Location: The Jungle
From one of the press releases I read (awhile ago) it sounds like they really story arced the season... so expect it to build slow... Think they even said it compares to Battle Star Gallatica's story telling?

I didnt watch it yet though... might just wait for the DVD release and watch it in one shot


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Fri September 27, 2013 6:54 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:03 am
Posts: 5141
Location: by the ocean
psychobain wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
joss whedon has never made a bad show.


dollhouse


dollhouse was fucking amazing. :finger:

_________________
Dev wrote:
those who are fulfilled by life are either simpletons or lack conscientiousness.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Fri September 27, 2013 6:59 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:03 am
Posts: 5141
Location: by the ocean
Peeps wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
except for season 4 of angel. what the fuck was that.



i LOVED season 4

the episode where faith breaks out...the full on transformation of wesley into a total bad ass...what the hell is not to like?


those are two very good parts (especially wesley's transformation) but the shit with cordelia fucking conner? whaaat? and lots of other shit from the second half of the season that i can't remember that was just agonizing.

at least it leads to season 5 which is not only the best season but may be better than any buffy.

_________________
Dev wrote:
those who are fulfilled by life are either simpletons or lack conscientiousness.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Fri September 27, 2013 8:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 3759
WtOB? wrote:
Peeps wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
except for season 4 of angel. what the fuck was that.



i LOVED season 4

the episode where faith breaks out...the full on transformation of wesley into a total bad ass...what the hell is not to like?


those are two very good parts (especially wesley's transformation) but the shit with cordelia fucking conner? whaaat? and lots of other shit from the second half of the season that i can't remember that was just agonizing.

at least it leads to season 5 which is not only the best season but may be better than any buffy.


But Connor and Cordy boning is pertinent to jasmine being created. As far as season 5 goes how smile time did not get more universally recognized pisses me off

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Fri September 27, 2013 8:46 am 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 12:35 am
Posts: 17902
This starts here tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

_________________
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky-the Han Solo of RM.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Fri September 27, 2013 10:05 am 
Offline
User avatar
Future Drummer
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 3:24 pm
Posts: 3076
Location: Death Machine Inc's HQ
MadTIGERmaN wrote:
From one of the press releases I read (awhile ago) it sounds like they really story arced the season... so expect it to build slow... Think they even said it compares to Battle Star Gallatica's story telling?


So... it's a "return to form" and "best show since Yield" for Whedon?

_________________
the sentinel remains vigilant


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Fri September 27, 2013 10:34 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu January 31, 2013 7:03 am
Posts: 5141
Location: by the ocean
Peeps wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
Peeps wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
except for season 4 of angel. what the fuck was that.



i LOVED season 4

the episode where faith breaks out...the full on transformation of wesley into a total bad ass...what the hell is not to like?


those are two very good parts (especially wesley's transformation) but the shit with cordelia fucking conner? whaaat? and lots of other shit from the second half of the season that i can't remember that was just agonizing.

at least it leads to season 5 which is not only the best season but may be better than any buffy.


But Connor and Cordy boning is pertinent to jasmine being created. As far as season 5 goes how smile time did not get more universally recognized pisses me off


yeah but the jasmine thing is so stupid. the whole show gets lost up its own arse by the end. maybe it's because whedon was too focused on buffy, which was in its final season at the time.

smile time is fucking awesome. i also love that episode where angel is sick because of that weird slug thing eve puts him and the whole episode is a sick dream-like blur. the eve character is great.

_________________
Dev wrote:
those who are fulfilled by life are either simpletons or lack conscientiousness.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
PostPosted: Fri September 27, 2013 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 12:41 pm
Posts: 3759
WtOB? wrote:
Peeps wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
Peeps wrote:
WtOB? wrote:
except for season 4 of angel. what the fuck was that.



i LOVED season 4

the episode where faith breaks out...the full on transformation of wesley into a total bad ass...what the hell is not to like?


those are two very good parts (especially wesley's transformation) but the shit with cordelia fucking conner? whaaat? and lots of other shit from the second half of the season that i can't remember that was just agonizing.

at least it leads to season 5 which is not only the best season but may be better than any buffy.


But Connor and Cordy boning is pertinent to jasmine being created. As far as season 5 goes how smile time did not get more universally recognized pisses me off


yeah but the jasmine thing is so stupid. the whole show gets lost up its own arse by the end. maybe it's because whedon was too focused on buffy, which was in its final season at the time.

smile time is fucking awesome. i also love that episode where angel is sick because of that weird slug thing eve puts him and the whole episode is a sick dream-like blur. the eve character is great.


it was a fun watch i thought (the whole jasmine thing though i was pissed cause i knew cordy was a goner and she and angel wouldnt get together) but i honestly thought connor really shined at times that season.

eve was awesome as the liason to the wolf, the ram and the heart. Lorn was spectacular as comic relief. i really just thought from the get go no matter who they brought on the chemistry was going to be near perfect.

_________________
Chris_H_2 wrote:
...i really think i pissed myself.


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Wed December 13, 2017 6:36 pm