Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread

Thu February 14, 2019 10:41 pm

The conversations I've had over the past two days about that 'Yesterday' movie... WOOF.

I can't tell if I'm excited or angry. I do really love a lot of the talent involved.

But I'll echo what a friend of mine said: "If [the movie] a fever dream, it will ruin all good will. Now, if it’s a movie about how Ringo tried to build a time machine so he could hang out with his friends back when everyone was alive and got along, but he screwed it up and they are all in their 20’s in current day, but didn’t exist in the past, but this dumb kid screwed everything up, it might be my favorite movie ever."

Fri February 15, 2019 12:30 am

The cast for the Dune movie is impressive.

Fri February 15, 2019 12:34 am

bada wrote:The cast for the Dune movie is impressive.

:heartbeat:

Fri February 15, 2019 12:34 am

Probably time to read that book.

Fri February 15, 2019 2:47 am

It's fantastic. Sequels were a major let down.

Fri February 15, 2019 3:15 pm

it's pretty much the whole movie.

Fri February 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Sat February 16, 2019 9:14 pm

Fri February 22, 2019 3:13 am

Imma go see this.

Fri February 22, 2019 6:35 pm

DAMMMNNN YOU FUCKIN PUSSIESSSSSSSSSS

Sun February 24, 2019 8:34 pm

Tessa Thompson, Nnamdi Asomugha to Star in Period Drama 'Sylvie'

Tessa Thompson and Nnamdi Asomugha are set to star in and produce jazz era love story, Sylvie.

Set in '50s and '60s New York City, the story follows Sylvie (Thompson) as she meets aspiring saxophonist Robert (Asomugha) when he takes a job at her father’s record store in Harlem. After a summer romance that comes to an end, the two fatefully reconnect several years later and find that their feelings for each other have never disappeared.

Eugene Ashe will direct from his own script. Cinematographer Declan Quinn (Rachel Getting Married, Leaving Las Vegas) has signed on to shoot the film.

Thompson will executive produce the period drama, while Asomugha will produce through his iAm21 Entertainment banner alongside Jonathan Baker (The Banker), Gabrielle Glore (Dirty Laundry) and Matthew Thurm (Crown Heights).

Fucking IN!

Mon February 25, 2019 11:58 pm

Tue February 26, 2019 12:27 am

bune wrote:

EHhh cool

But what a weird effin tweet

Tue February 26, 2019 12:41 am

Is the sweaty sex smell still there?

Tue February 26, 2019 7:44 pm

I try not to do too much hardcore dorking out about physical media on RM, but the upcoming 4K SteelBook for Field of Dreams is one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever seen

Tue February 26, 2019 7:44 pm

That is really cool.

Tue February 26, 2019 7:49 pm

If you build it on an ancient Indian burial ground, well of course they’ll come.

Tue February 26, 2019 7:54 pm

Man, that last scene just slays me. Just thinking about it now gets me all emotional.

Tue February 26, 2019 7:56 pm

Monkey_Driven wrote:Man, that last scene just slays me. Just thinking about it now gets me all emotional.

Same

Tue February 26, 2019 8:00 pm

LV, did you see this article? Some of these anecdotes are likely covered elsewhere, but it was a nice trip down memory lane for me. I need to get the Blu rays of these films. I pored over every bonus feature of my extended cut DVDs back in the day.

https://www.polygon.com/2019/2/22/18221984/lord-of-the-rings-return-of-the-king-weta-special-effects-creatures-oscars
Post a reply