Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread

Sun July 15, 2018 7:42 pm

VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:Also, im curious about Galveston. Looks nice and i like the cast.

thanks for the heads up, didn't know the trailer dropped. Looks very faithful to the book; also looks just like True Detective, a couple of those shots are near-identical.

I didn't really get a True Detective look/vibe from the trailer. But I'm excited for the film.

I get it from some of the shots. But it should be different too. I love the shot of the beach with Foster looking at the girls.

I mean I guess if we're talking about a generic "mood" or something. But there wasn't a lot in the footage I saw that looked much like Fukunaga. The images look impressive, for sure. Especially for a first time (?) director.

Sun July 15, 2018 7:44 pm

Yeah Laurent was hinted as a possible director to the batgirl movie. Who know, maybe she is very talented.

Sun July 15, 2018 7:46 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Yeah Laurent was hinted as a possible director to the batgirl movie. Who know, maybe she is very talented.

Based on this... I'm all for it.

Sun July 15, 2018 7:47 pm

Oh hell yeah. The cast is great and the book too.

Sun July 15, 2018 7:47 pm

So.....Zombieland is getting a sequel. Kinda excited about this....

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/105496217/after-10-years-zombieland-is-set-to-reopen-its-doors-with-its-original-cast

Sun July 15, 2018 7:48 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:Also, im curious about Galveston. Looks nice and i like the cast.

thanks for the heads up, didn't know the trailer dropped. Looks very faithful to the book; also looks just like True Detective, a couple of those shots are near-identical.

I didn't really get a True Detective look/vibe from the trailer. But I'm excited for the film.

I get it from some of the shots. But it should be different too. I love the shot of the beach with Foster looking at the girls.

I mean I guess if we're talking about a generic "mood" or something. But there wasn't a lot in the footage I saw that looked much like Fukunaga. The images look impressive, for sure. Especially for a first time (?) director.

I talked about this earlier on RM, but there are whole swaths of Galveston -- mostly surrounding unattended/uncared for minors in trashy rural southern towns -- that seemed to inform parts of True Detective.

The stories are very different; Galveston is basically a mood piece bookended by two brutal action scenes. But those first 2-3 eps of True Detective played to me as the Galveston setting with a murder case in the forefront of the plot.

Sun July 15, 2018 7:55 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Oh hell yeah. The cast is great and the book too.

yep yep

Sun July 15, 2018 7:57 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:

I talked about this earlier on RM, but there are whole swaths of Galveston -- mostly surrounding unattended/uncared for minors in trashy rural southern towns -- that seemed to inform parts of True Detective.

The stories are very different; Galveston is basically a mood piece bookended by two brutal action scenes. But those first 2-3 eps of True Detective played to me as the Galveston setting with a murder case in the forefront of the plot.

Sure. I know the book and the show. I'm not disagreeing in terms of content. I'm talking about the look/feel/style of the pieces. Watching the trailer for Galveston, if I didn't know NP wrote both, I wouldn't associate it with True Detective just based on the trailer.

Sun July 15, 2018 9:28 pm

Im curious if Laurent went full on with one of those two brutal scenes.

Sun July 15, 2018 9:56 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Im curious if Laurent went full on with one of those two brutal scenes.

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be too much, just like most movies anymore.

Mon July 16, 2018 9:53 pm

It's a deal but not a game so...here you go.

https://t.co/FgdwEwl23C

Prime Members save on 4k movies
Limited-time offer
Enjoy hundreds of 4K UHD movies for 14.99 each.
Some good ones in there.

Mon July 16, 2018 10:03 pm

Too bad I already have them all!!!!!!!

Mon July 16, 2018 10:03 pm

You're addicted

Mon July 16, 2018 10:15 pm

It’s my vice

Wed July 18, 2018 11:02 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Dying to see Godzilla: King of The Monsters.

Thu July 19, 2018 8:58 pm

The new Joaquin Pheonix Joker movie gets an official title/release date:

Coming from Todd Phillips (The Hangover, War Dogs) and executive producer Martin Scorsese, the film will simply be called Joker. WB and its partners Village Roadshow have set a release date of October 4th, 2019.

Thu July 19, 2018 9:16 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:The new Joaquin Pheonix Joker movie gets an official title/release date:

Coming from Todd Phillips (The Hangover, War Dogs) and executive producer Martin Scorsese, the film will simply be called Joker. WB and its partners Village Roadshow have set a release date of October 4th, 2019.

Little over a year turn around. I like it. An origin film for the joker....

Thu July 19, 2018 9:17 pm

Strat wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:The new Joaquin Pheonix Joker movie gets an official title/release date:

Should at least be a competent and fun movie, if nothing else. I'm excited.

Thu July 19, 2018 9:19 pm

durdencommatyler wrote:
Strat wrote:

Should at least be a competent and fun movie, if nothing else. I'm excited.

I hope its Violent, Dark, and Moody AF.

Thu July 19, 2018 9:21 pm

With Phoenix doing it, it will be moody for sure
Post a reply