The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208 ... 429  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 4:19 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
The new Ghostbusters didn't use men and everyone seemed ok with it :arrow:

AL

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 4:27 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Or maybe some people just think representation matters and that Hollywood has been racist, elitist, and tone def far too long. But, sure, reduce it to "everyone is assholes," sure.

Don’t put words in my mouth. I was saying people are addicted to outrage these days and they’re assholes about it. Nothing to do with representation at all, people just love complaining. About everything.

You sure do seem dismissive about this, though. Do you think anyone who complains is just complaining to complain? Do you think it's possible that some people who speak out and take issue with these things have any valid points/observations/concerns?

I agree that people love to complain and that we're at a strange place in culture now where complaining is somehow tantamount to celebrity. Not every opinion needs to be screamed into a microphone. But it seems to me like you're being unnecessarily cavalier about issues that are important to massive groups of people. And speaking up, holding those with power responsible, shouldn't be reduced to "blah blah blah" and "outrage addicts."

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 4:31 pm 
The Master

This would be so much simpler if we could just eliminate minorities

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 4:34 pm 
what on earth am I talking about

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
Or maybe some people just think representation matters and that Hollywood has been racist, elitist, and tone def far too long. But, sure, reduce it to "everyone is assholes," sure.

Don’t put words in my mouth. I was saying people are addicted to outrage these days and they’re assholes about it. Nothing to do with representation at all, people just love complaining. About everything.

You sure do seem dismissive about this, though. Do you think anyone who complains is just complaining to complain? Do you think it's possible that some people who speak out and take issue with these things have any valid points/observations/concerns?

I agree that people love to complain and that we're at a strange place in culture now where complaining is somehow tantamount to celebrity. Not every opinion needs to be screamed into a microphone. But it seems to me like you're being unnecessarily cavalier about issues that are important to massive groups of people. And speaking up, holding those with power responsible, shouldn't be reduced to "blah blah blah" and "outrage addicts."

Maybe I wasn’t clear when I said I really don’t care either way about this kind of thing. It’s bullshit and mostly toxic and I just stay away from it. It’s ruined Star Wars for me to a huge degree for sure. I have no interest in engaging in it. That’s not being cavalier that’s just not wanting to take it on. What purpose does it serve to let it into your head other than to do your head in and be a downer?
Not my circus, not my monkeys.

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 4:36 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Maybe I wasn’t clear when I said I really don’t care either way about this kind of thing. It’s bullshit and mostly toxic and I just stay away from it. It’s ruined Star Wars for me to a huge degree for sure. I have no interest in engaging in it. That’s not being cavalier that’s just not wanting to take it on. What purpose does it serve to let it into your head other than to do your head in and be a downer?

We just have differing fundamental philosophies on this, then.

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 4:38 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

On what? I’m not all that sure were talking about the same thing

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 4:40 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

On checking out. "Not my circus, not my monkeys." "...not wanting to take it on." I'm talking about the value of the things you mentioned earlier in this thread and then blah blah blahed. It's fine to blah blah blah those things. I'm not saying it makes you or anyone else a bad person. I just disagree with blah blah blahing these things.

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 5:09 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

dimejinky99 wrote:
bune wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
WIll they white wash it or use Asian actors though. This is the question

Or Maori actors.

You’ve just reminded. Outrage in Star Wars when Filoni said captain Rex can be seen in return of the Jedi and a lot of the fanbase got outraged cos all the clones are meant to be Maori and get the guy in ROTJ is clearly white.

People are outrage addicted assholes. None more than Star Wars fans.

Wait. Someone thinks that a clone was still alive by the time of RotJ?

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 5:13 pm 

durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

On checking out. "Not my circus, not my monkeys." "...not wanting to take it on." I'm talking about the value of the things you mentioned earlier in this thread and then blah blah blahed. It's fine to blah blah blah those things. I'm not saying it makes you or anyone else a bad person. I just disagree with blah blah blahing these things.

Now I get ye. I’m just past an age where I can give anything of value to stuff like that. I’ve tilted at the all the windmills at one point of another. Probably ending up with the whole marriage equality campaign here and really working hard for it and fundraising and canvassing n stuff. I’m sorta burned out when it comes to this stuff but I definitely think it’s pointless to t y take it on in the online realm. Totally counterproductive imo.

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 5:24 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Now I get ye. I’m just past an age where I can give anything of value to stuff like that. I’ve tilted at the all the windmills at one point of another. Probably ending up with the whole marriage equality campaign here and really working hard for it and fundraising and canvassing n stuff. I’m sorta burned out when it comes to this stuff but I definitely think it’s pointless to t y take it on in the online realm. Totally counterproductive imo.

I agree that bringing this stuff online can seem pointless and probably is much of the time. The internet is so toxic anymore.

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 5:31 pm 

bune wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
bune wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:
WIll they white wash it or use Asian actors though. This is the question

Or Maori actors.

You’ve just reminded. Outrage in Star Wars when Filoni said captain Rex can be seen in return of the Jedi and a lot of the fanbase got outraged cos all the clones are meant to be Maori and get the guy in ROTJ is clearly white.

People are outrage addicted assholes. None more than Star Wars fans.

Wait. Someone thinks that a clone was still alive by the time of RotJ?

Haha. Yes. And Filoni confirmed it was him.

That means rex was sitting in that shuttle going to endor with Luke. There had to have been the conversation. ‘General Skywalker, I served under another general Skywalker once. Anakin. Any relation?’

Filoni didn’t think it through when he said it was Rex.

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 5:33 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

I'm pretty sure they walked that back after the white-washing accusations. And have since said that it wasn't Rex.

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 5:54 pm 
Major Dude

durdencommatyler wrote:
I'm pretty sure they walked that back after the white-washing accusations. And have since said that it wasn't Rex.

Don’t think so. I’m pretty sure I read a newer article in the last month or so confirming it.

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 5:58 pm 

Nobody every mentions boba getting was a white English guy in the first place and replaced as a Maori voice over. Odd that. Rewriting history I guess. The original boba Fett, Jeremy bulloch still does the convention circuit though I believe but doesn’t get top ranking like you’d imagine cos lotta fans grew up with the special editions and don’t know who he is

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 6:01 pm 
Legacy of Love
 WWW  Profile

wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

Don’t think so. I’m pretty sure I read a newer article in the last month or so confirming it.

I mean, we know that Rex survived through the Battle of Endor. We know he was there at the battle. But I don't think Rex is the guy we see in Jedi that everyone was speculating could be Rex. I could be wrong, though. This isn't something I've really kept up on. I just remember them walking it back after the white-washing complaints and I hadn't seen any confirmation since.

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 6:13 pm 
Guys, I am not a moderator! I swear to God! Why does everyone think I'm a moderator?

durdencommatyler wrote:
wease wrote:
durdencommatyler wrote:

I mean, we know that Rex survived through the Battle of Endor. We know he was there at the battle. But I don't think Rex is the guy we see in Jedi that everyone was speculating could be Rex. I could be wrong, though. This isn't something I've really kept up on. I just remember them walking it back after the white-washing complaints and I hadn't seen any confirmation since.

Yeah I think this is the correct event here. Rex did survive, but they walked back that the guy in that scene was actually him.

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 6:16 pm 

HE should have never said anything about it. Where are all the other millions of clones if rex is alive they could be should be too.

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 8:53 pm 
An enigma of a man shaped hole in the wall between reality and the soul of the devil.

who the fuck is Rex

“And truly, if life had no purpose, and I had to choose nonsense, this would be the most desirable nonsense for me as well."

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 8:54 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

BurtReynolds wrote:
who the fuck is Rex

Thank god someone else asked first

PostPosted: Fri April 13, 2018 9:08 pm 
The Master

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8576 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208 ... 429  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment