The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 28388
Location: Where everybody knows your name
tragabigzanda wrote:
epilogue wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Right on.

I'd check that out.

just watch the trailer. Intense.

I'm not in a situation where I like watching trailers. I'll try to remember to check it out later.

i appreciate your dilemma. Just know this looks like a real gut punch, regardless of how you might feel about Kilmer.

Holy shit. Intense sums it up pretty well.

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 4:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 26994
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
epilogue wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Right on.

I'd check that out.

just watch the trailer. Intense.

I'm not in a situation where I like watching trailers. I'll try to remember to check it out later.

i appreciate your dilemma. Just know this looks like a real gut punch, regardless of how you might feel about Kilmer.

Holy shit. Intense sums it up pretty well.

His son handles the narration too, since Val can’t.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 234976635/


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 4:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 44872
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
spike wrote:
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
epilogue wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Right on.

I'd check that out.

just watch the trailer. Intense.

I'm not in a situation where I like watching trailers. I'll try to remember to check it out later.

i appreciate your dilemma. Just know this looks like a real gut punch, regardless of how you might feel about Kilmer.

Holy shit. Intense sums it up pretty well.

His son handles the narration too, since Val can’t.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 234976635/

i was wondering about that, because it sounded kind of like Val, but obviously wasn't him


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 28388
Location: Where everybody knows your name
tragabigzanda wrote:
spike wrote:
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
epilogue wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Right on.

I'd check that out.

just watch the trailer. Intense.

I'm not in a situation where I like watching trailers. I'll try to remember to check it out later.

i appreciate your dilemma. Just know this looks like a real gut punch, regardless of how you might feel about Kilmer.

Holy shit. Intense sums it up pretty well.

His son handles the narration too, since Val can’t.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 234976635/

i was wondering about that, because it sounded kind of like Val, but obviously wasn't him

Thanks for sharing. I had the same thoughts about it.

Makes you wonder how he pulls off being in Top Gun 2.

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 6:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
jeeeesus relax already
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:10 pm
Posts: 26795
im sure he will be fucked up and die o something

_________________
BONE FUCKIN´ TOMAHAWK.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 89782
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
I really thought Top Gun 2 already came out. :|


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 7:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 89782
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
wease wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
epilogue wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
epilogue wrote:
Right on.

I'd check that out.

just watch the trailer. Intense.

I'm not in a situation where I like watching trailers. I'll try to remember to check it out later.

i appreciate your dilemma. Just know this looks like a real gut punch, regardless of how you might feel about Kilmer.

Holy shit. Intense sums it up pretty well.

I watched this trailer.

And I'm certainly interested in the film. But what's so intense about it? I'm not sure it moved or affected me the way it did y'all. Looks like an interesting but fairly straight forward doc, not unlike a lot of other docs that have been trendy lately (Kid 90, for example) which contain a lot of "at home" video cam footage.

It'll be interesting to see if the film enders Val to me more. Should be a fun watch.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 44872
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
I think it looks incredibly intense: The insider's look at a certain period of Hollywood, with a full-on narcissist as your tour guide. And then at the end he gets throat cancer and is a shadow of his former self.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 7:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 18581
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
Wasn't he a shadow of himself before cancer? I'd think now he's become a better version, probably.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 7:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 89782
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
tragabigzanda wrote:
I think it looks incredibly intense: The insider's look at a certain period of Hollywood, with a full-on narcissist as your tour guide. And then at the end he gets throat cancer and is a shadow of his former self.

I get what you mean.

I think the "insider look from a narcissist" thing is more appealing to you than it is to me. That's never been much of a draw. Not my bag.

And maybe it would be more gripping if I didn't already know about his throat cancer? I don't know. I just have a feeling it'll be an interesting if frustrating character study, which I'm always down for.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 8:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Major Dude
 Profile

Joined: Sat January 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Posts: 28388
Location: Where everybody knows your name
epilogue wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I think it looks incredibly intense: The insider's look at a certain period of Hollywood, with a full-on narcissist as your tour guide. And then at the end he gets throat cancer and is a shadow of his former self.

I get what you mean.

I think the "insider look from a narcissist" thing is more appealing to you than it is to me. That's never been much of a draw. Not my bag.

And maybe it would be more gripping if I didn't already know about his throat cancer? I don't know. I just have a feeling it'll be an interesting if frustrating character study, which I'm always down for.

I didn’t know about his voice. I knew about the cancer but had no idea how it had affected his speech.

_________________
Let me tell you, Homer Simpson is cock of nothing!
- C. Montgomery Burns


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Rated PG-13 for the power of theatre
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 89782
Location: Anarchist Jurisdiction
wease wrote:
epilogue wrote:
tragabigzanda wrote:
I think it looks incredibly intense: The insider's look at a certain period of Hollywood, with a full-on narcissist as your tour guide. And then at the end he gets throat cancer and is a shadow of his former self.

I get what you mean.

I think the "insider look from a narcissist" thing is more appealing to you than it is to me. That's never been much of a draw. Not my bag.

And maybe it would be more gripping if I didn't already know about his throat cancer? I don't know. I just have a feeling it'll be an interesting if frustrating character study, which I'm always down for.

I didn’t know about his voice. I knew about the cancer but had no idea how it had affected his speech.

Oh wow. Yeah, then that would be wild to hear for the first time. That's definitely impactful.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Posting (live)
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Thu April 04, 2013 6:27 am
Posts: 18581
Location: Port Perry Lodge on voluptuous Lake Perry
I will probably watch it, but I suspect the really good trailer is better than the movie will be.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Wed July 07, 2021 8:16 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri June 24, 2016 2:49 pm
Posts: 5400
never forget billie joe armstrong *catching mud flung from the crowd, and shoving it into his mouth.

*not included in this clip. also, that was '94. shit...



Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 08, 2021 5:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 26994
the original redneck rave.

one of my best buds went with some of his buds that were the epitome of the bros that helped turn this into the mayhem it was.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 08, 2021 6:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Tue September 24, 2013 5:56 pm
Posts: 44872
Location: Different mountains than strat and bodysnatcher.
Everyone please take a deep breath before you make a rape joke


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 08, 2021 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Looks Like a Cat
 Profile

Joined: Tue January 01, 2013 9:55 pm
Posts: 14987
Location: An office full of assholes
di ... di ... did i see the dave matthews band for a small second in that trailer?

(aside: i'm pretty sure it was video of that creepy violin player that got sued for sexual assault)


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 08, 2021 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 26994
“what they thought was mud” lol


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 08, 2021 7:11 pm 
Offline
Rank This Poster
 Profile

Joined: Fri June 24, 2016 2:49 pm
Posts: 5400
spike wrote:
“what they thought was mud” lol

love to roll around in port-o-potty mud.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: The Cinematic Motion Picture News Thread
PostPosted: Thu July 08, 2021 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar
The Master
 Profile

Joined: Wed January 02, 2013 4:18 am
Posts: 26994
Chris_H_2 wrote:
di ... di ... did i see the dave matthews band for a small second in that trailer?

(aside: i'm pretty sure it was video of that creepy violin player that got sued for sexual assault)

sheryl crow went on right before ICP :lol:


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6502 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 319, 320, 321, 322, 323, 324, 325, 326  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BurtReynolds and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
It is currently Sat September 18, 2021 11:01 pm