Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: Netflix: 3 Body Problem

Sat March 23, 2024 5:05 am

E.H. Ruddock wrote:Holy shit that fiber optic trap!

Remember this from the book but to see it visually was crazy!

Sat March 23, 2024 6:49 am

Is this worth checking out?

Sat March 23, 2024 12:47 pm

I think it is if you like science fiction. Of course, I feel you’d get more from the books because a show has to condense things, but so far I think the show is getting the concepts out there.

It leans more towards hard science fiction rather than fantasy sci-fi, which makes even more appealing.

Sat March 23, 2024 3:57 pm

blueviper wrote:I think it is if you like science fiction. Of course, I feel you’d get more from the books because a show has to condense things, but so far I think the show is getting the concepts out there.

It leans more towards hard science fiction rather than fantasy sci-fi, which makes even more appealing.

Ooh. Mrs Wease may be out then.

Sat March 23, 2024 8:35 pm

I’m on episode 7 and i don’t want it to end. Only one more to go

Sat March 23, 2024 8:56 pm

I'll be watching episode 8 tonight.

Sat March 23, 2024 11:14 pm

Shout out to Big Head.

Sun March 24, 2024 12:31 pm

This wasn’t perfect, but it was very, very good, and very binge-able—I don’t know if I would’ve enjoyed it as much watching over the course of two months. They seemed to cover the entire first book, and I have high hopes that Netflix will let them finish the series if they can do it in three seasons.

Mon March 25, 2024 12:54 am

3 eps in and loving it so far.

Mon March 25, 2024 1:40 pm

The ending was a little dull but I guess there's still a lot of story to tell. Sure hope they continue making it!

Mon March 25, 2024 1:44 pm

Should I watch this today? I know nothing about it. Why or why not?

Mon March 25, 2024 2:22 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:The ending was a little dull but I guess there's still a lot of story to tell. Sure hope they continue making it!

I feel like they could’ve stretched out Saul’s ending a bit and played into more of the absurd Kafkaesque humor of “If course you’re not a wallfacer ::wink::” Overall the speed and timing of the whole season were the biggest issue for me, but it’s still a lot of fun.

Mon March 25, 2024 2:31 pm

Simple Torture wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:The ending was a little dull but I guess there's still a lot of story to tell. Sure hope they continue making it!

I feel like they could’ve stretched out Saul’s ending a bit and played into more of the absurd Kafkaesque humor of “If course you’re not a wallfacer ::wink::” Overall the speed and timing of the whole season were the biggest issue for me, but it’s still a lot of fun.

I did like the focus on Saul's struggle with the whole Wallfacer concept. Definitely was funny to see him keep saying "but I'm not a fucking Wallfacer!" only to be met with the "ok suuurrre, I got you". :lol:

Mon March 25, 2024 2:33 pm

tree_ wrote:Should I watch this today? I know nothing about it. Why or why not?

You should watch it if you like hard sci fi. The actors are all pretty great. Although I don't care for the performance by whoever is playing Tatiana, but it is minor in the scope of things.

Mon March 25, 2024 2:34 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:

You should watch it if you like hard sci fi. The actors are all pretty great. Although I don't care for the performance by whoever is playing Tatiana, but it is minor in the scope of things.

OK I'll try it

Mon March 25, 2024 4:46 pm

tree_ wrote:
E.H. Ruddock wrote:

OK I'll try it

I don't know about Tatiana, but whoever is playing Auggie is awful.. hoping the story makes up for it soon or I'm going to turn it off

Mon March 25, 2024 5:54 pm

i went ahead and quit after episode one and gave Love on the Spectrum a try instead

feels like a Lost situation where nothing ultimately gets resolved, just more questions

which actually probably applies to both shows, but i'm having a much better time with this one

Mon March 25, 2024 6:24 pm

Ok thanks for participating.

Mon March 25, 2024 9:04 pm

Watched the first ep last night. Thumbs up but are there actual physicists who look this good and dress this well?

Mon March 25, 2024 10:30 pm

in the books, things get nuts
Post a reply