Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Are You Ready for AI TV?

Wed February 01, 2023 4:17 pm

Stumbled upon this Vice article last night about an endlessly running AI-generated sitcom, based off of Seinfeld. I watched about five minutes, and wow. Apparently, this particular show's dialogue can change over time, based on the user comments in the twitch stream where it's hosted.

We keep flying higher and higher into the sun.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjkyxp/ ... -generated

Re: Are You Ready for AI TV?

Wed February 01, 2023 4:31 pm

I just watched it for several minutes and it's just Jerry standing expressionless in front of a microphone and swaying gently while music plays

Wed February 01, 2023 4:35 pm

yeah, I think while I was watching last night, someone commented on the Jerry character slumped over his PC while George talked to him as if slumped over a CRT monitor was normal.

Wed February 01, 2023 4:36 pm

Jorge wrote:I just watched it for several minutes and it's just Jerry standing expressionless in front of a microphone and swaying gently while music plays

story of my life.

Wed February 01, 2023 4:38 pm

Some scenes just played out. So far every scene appears to be George saying "have you heard of this new restaurant / store / bistro" and the gang talking about how excited they are to try it, while the audience laughs at random moments. Very good

Wed February 01, 2023 4:40 pm

"I feel like the walls are getting closer."

Things are about to get House of Leaves in here.

Wed February 01, 2023 4:41 pm

Jorge wrote:Some scenes just played out. So far every scene appears to be George saying "have you heard of this new restaurant / store / bistro" and the gang talking about how excited they are to try it, while the audience laughs at random moments. Very good

I am slightly intrigued by the user comments being part of the show as time goes on. Could make for a fun experience.

Wed February 01, 2023 4:42 pm

"So yesterday my assistant came back with a box of donuts instead of the vaccine sample I'd asked for."

Wed February 01, 2023 4:43 pm

Jorge wrote:"So yesterday my assistant came back with a box of donuts instead of the vaccine sample I'd asked for."

amazing.

Wed February 01, 2023 4:47 pm

BurtReynolds wrote:"I feel like the walls are getting closer."

Things are about to get House of Leaves in here.

"I was talking to my friend, Baba Yaga Sacamano, you know?"

Wed February 01, 2023 4:50 pm

The Mystery Sandwich

Wed February 01, 2023 4:54 pm

"Did you see the news today? It seems the world's hugest pet rabbit is coming to town. What do you think we should do about it?"

Wed February 01, 2023 4:55 pm

If I weren't at work (*in the building), but wfh, I would be watching now to see this.

*heavily monitored, firewall blocks everything--can't believe I can RM, but it's only a matter of time before they block it for me.
Last edited by dad on Wed February 01, 2023 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed February 01, 2023 4:56 pm

Why did the chicken go to the séance?

To get to...

*audience laughter*

...the other side.

Wed February 01, 2023 5:07 pm

I am enthralled.

Wed February 01, 2023 5:07 pm

this is great

https://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyAgitatedW ... witch_chat

Thu February 02, 2023 12:42 am

Okay I've been watching this thing on and off all day. I love the stand-up scenes. I love that they usually start with Jerry ("Larry") saying "hi everyone!" and then following it with an aggressively mundane anecdote.

If they kept this level of weirdness but figured out how to make a progressing plot that advances between scenes this could be immensely entertaining.

Thu February 02, 2023 1:08 am

What I saw was awful.

Thu February 02, 2023 1:15 am

tree_ wrote:this is great

https://clips.twitch.tv/PluckyAgitatedW ... witch_chat

One of the best movies of all time: «the dialogue and tone feels off.» and «not sure it holds up»

Awful standup joke with poor animation: this is great

Thu February 02, 2023 2:16 am

Jorge wrote:Okay I've been watching this thing on and off all day. I love the stand-up scenes. I love that they usually start with Jerry ("Larry") saying "hi everyone!" and then following it with an aggressively mundane anecdote.

If they kept this level of weirdness but figured out how to make a progressing plot that advances between scenes this could be immensely entertaining.

Did you fall and hit your head today?
Post a reply