Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: The Sopranos, Deadwood, The Wire, Mad Men

Fri December 01, 2023 9:04 pm

Im almost done with S5 of Sopranos and guess what...Shawn Smith had a song in the closing credits! Very surprised

Fri December 01, 2023 11:27 pm

Will never be another like him.

Sat December 02, 2023 12:30 am

I really enjoy season six of mad men, I don't think it ranks as my absolute fav but its definitely in the top half. Don's irritating neediness finally starts to have consequences and just when it gets to be a bit of a slog, you get an episode like The Crash. We get a lot more time with Pete, Peggy, and Sally (the best of the main characters), the Joan soap opera is paused, and of course we get one of the greatest side characters of all time in Bob Benson.

Sat December 02, 2023 2:19 am

Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Pryce, Cutler, Gleason, & Chaough

Sat December 02, 2023 2:40 am

Also, Linda Cardellini

Fri December 08, 2023 4:03 am

Finished the series. Still my pick for best show of all time.

Fri December 08, 2023 4:04 am

You have motivated me to pick it back up. I think I checked out around S2.5

Fri December 08, 2023 4:05 am

It's pretty good.

Fri December 08, 2023 5:38 am

Really need the re-watch Mad Men. It's time.

Fri December 08, 2023 5:40 am

You could probably watch a hundred good movies instead.

Fri December 08, 2023 7:52 pm

Anders wrote:You could probably watch a hundred good movies instead.

I could do a lot of things with that time, no doubt.

Tue December 26, 2023 5:10 pm

currently in Season 6 of Sopranos. I think i have 7 episodes left.

Damn, Tony is such a good character.

Wed December 27, 2023 8:53 am

VinylGuy wrote:currently in Season 6 of Sopranos. I think i have 7 episodes left.

Damn, Tony is such a good character.

Those last 6 or 7 episodes are on another level. They really hammer home how irredeemable Tony is. He had his chances, now its game over.

Probably my favourite run of episodes in any show.

Tue January 02, 2024 10:56 pm

I have two eps left and damn this series got super dark yes.

Thu January 04, 2024 7:19 pm

finished Sopranos. Im interested on what you guys think of the finale, yes i know i arrive 20 years late, but still what are your thoughts?

I was blown away with the whole series, and while i liked the ending, i think it works better for me to understand what Tony felt pretty much every day, the anxiety, the tension. Im not sure the cut to black moment works at all, and feels like Chase chickens out for a bit.

Thu January 04, 2024 7:22 pm

VinylGuy wrote:finished Sopranos. Im interested on what you guys think of the finale, yes i know i arrive 20 years late, but still what are your thoughts?

I was blown away with the whole series, and while i liked the ending, i think it works better for me to understand what Tony felt pretty much every day, the anxiety, the tension. Im not sure the cut to black moment works at all, and feels like Chase chickens out for a bit.

I love the ending because

VinylGuy wrote:i think it works better for me to understand what Tony felt pretty much every day, the anxiety, the tension

I know Chase has since weighed in on what he thinks happens, but I always took the ending to be purposefully ambiguous and tense, just like Tony lived every day

Thu January 04, 2024 7:38 pm

The cut to black feels a little gimmicky to me, but I'm not married to that opinion. It was still a great finale to one of the best shows of all time (after Mad Men)

Thu January 04, 2024 7:54 pm

Loved the ending, couldn't have been better. It's very clear what happened, no David Chase fifteen-years-later clarification was needed

Thu January 04, 2024 8:57 pm

Yep

Thu January 04, 2024 8:58 pm

tragabigzanda wrote:
VinylGuy wrote:finished Sopranos. Im interested on what you guys think of the finale, yes i know i arrive 20 years late, but still what are your thoughts?

I love the ending because

VinylGuy wrote:i think it works better for me to understand what Tony felt pretty much every day, the anxiety, the tension

I know Chase has since weighed in on what he thinks happens, but I always took the ending to be purposefully ambiguous and tense, just like Tony lived every day

yeah, thats how i took it. You finally understand his day to day.
Post a reply