Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

Re: The Bear (FX/Hulu)

Mon October 30, 2023 8:48 pm

yeah, that was tense as fuck.

Mon October 30, 2023 9:35 pm

Farmer John wrote:Just finished that 7 fishes episode. It's a great episode, but I had to take a few breaks to get through it. I just needed everyone to please SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR ONE MINUTE!

It’s tough isn’t it?

I know I’ll watch this series again but I’ll be skipping that episode when I do.

Mon October 30, 2023 11:18 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:
Farmer John wrote:Just finished that 7 fishes episode. It's a great episode, but I had to take a few breaks to get through it. I just needed everyone to please SHUT THE FUCK UP FOR ONE MINUTE!

It’s tough isn’t it?

I know I’ll watch this series again but I’ll be skipping that episode when I do.

The next episode won’t mean as much

Mon October 30, 2023 11:46 pm

wease wrote:
dimejinky99 wrote:

It’s tough isn’t it?

The next episode won’t mean as much

I’ll know. That was probably my favourite of all of them.

Tue October 31, 2023 12:55 am

That next episode with Richie was just what the doctor ordered. Lovely.

I still have a few to go, but I think I'm team Season 2.

Tue October 31, 2023 12:56 am

yeah, the richie episode was great

Tue October 31, 2023 2:58 am

Forks is not only the best episode of the series (so far) it's one of the greatest episodes in TV history. I love it so fucking much.

Tue October 31, 2023 3:33 am

:bammer:

Tue October 31, 2023 1:03 pm

epilogue wrote:Forks is not only the best episode of the series (so far) it's one of the greatest episodes in TV history. I love it so fucking much.

Is it not called stages?

Tue October 31, 2023 1:54 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:
epilogue wrote:Forks is not only the best episode of the series (so far) it's one of the greatest episodes in TV history. I love it so fucking much.

Is it not called stages?

No. The episode title is Forks.

Tue October 31, 2023 3:00 pm

Right I see my mistake.

The episode description just says ‘Richie stages’

Tue October 31, 2023 3:05 pm

I hope Richie hooks up with that girl from the fancy restaurant.

Tue October 31, 2023 3:07 pm

Farmer John wrote:I hope Richie hooks up with that girl from the fancy restaurant.

I’m sure this is planned for S3, hopefully the strokes don’t muck it up

Tue October 31, 2023 3:24 pm

Julian casablancas can fuck anything up.

Sun November 05, 2023 7:06 pm

I wasn’t crazy about that S2 finale. I was loving the first part when they were going back and forth from the front of house to the kitchen, showing the inner workings of the restaurant. “Animal” was awesome. But the immediate shift in tone after that to syrupy, heartstring drama was too much and didn’t work for me.

I think Jeremy Allen White is a good actor but sometimes I shift between getting lost in his naturalistic performance, and watching him act. Especially when he’s really going for the dramatics with that constipated look on his face.

Sun November 05, 2023 7:09 pm

Yeah everything with him being in the freezer didn’t work. And when the girlfriend was there to listen to his tantrum was right out of a soap opera.

Mon November 06, 2023 5:12 pm

VinylGuy wrote:Yeah everything with him being in the freezer didn’t work. And when the girlfriend was there to listen to his tantrum was right out of a soap opera.

I mean, I wouldn't say it didn't work.
Maybe not up to The Bear standard so far?

Mon November 06, 2023 5:24 pm

i say it didnt work

Mon November 06, 2023 5:44 pm

VinylGuy wrote:i say it didnt work

If he’s realised what he’s done and what she heard him say, his blow up at his cousin seconds later kinda doesn’t work. But it does too, in that you can have the worst kind of melt down with family but they’ll still be your family.

His frustration up to that works for me. It’s his big night. And he’s been told to get that door fixed a few times and he didn’t. And he’s fucked it up

So it’s toss of a coin how much it lands for the viewers.

Will they pick it up from that moment or leave a gap they have to backfill narratively is the only question at this point.

Mon November 06, 2023 5:50 pm

It was an obvious gimmick to have that finale. Its wasnt well done at all.
Post a reply