The board's server will undergo upgrade maintenance tonight, Nov 5, 2014, beginning approximately around 10 PM ET. Prepare for some possible down time during this process.
FAQ    Search

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shark Week 2013
PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 2:51 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Strat wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Strat wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
This is going to end with "but at the end of the day...we really don't know what happened". I mean, if they proved the existence of Megaladon we'd have heard about it before this aired, right?

Im not sure i ever really want to know....

I enjoy the ocean, i enjoy going to the beach and the wonders that are the ocean...

But If I knew this thing existed for certain? Yea, im sticking in CO. Forever.

10 foot + sharks are enough to make me think about going in the ocean, anything bigger then that just seems like overkill since the 10+ footer could kill me pretty quickly also. But my feeling is that if its gonna happen then its gonna happen, m not gonna go swimming in the middle of the ocean, but i love the beach and the waves, so i just put it out of my mind and have fun

Hmm. You know most shark attacks happen close to the shore, yea? :shake:

Yeah, but that's because not many people swim in the deep water, but millions of people swim near shore every day

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 2:52 am 
The Master

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Strat wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Strat wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
This is going to end with "but at the end of the day...we really don't know what happened". I mean, if they proved the existence of Megaladon we'd have heard about it before this aired, right?

I enjoy the ocean, i enjoy going to the beach and the wonders that are the ocean...

10 foot + sharks are enough to make me think about going in the ocean, anything bigger then that just seems like overkill since the 10+ footer could kill me pretty quickly also. But my feeling is that if its gonna happen then its gonna happen, m not gonna go swimming in the middle of the ocean, but i love the beach and the waves, so i just put it out of my mind and have fun

Yeah, but that's because not many people swim in the deep water, but millions of people swim near shore every day

So what are you saying here? Statistics? or have sharks learned that feeding is best when done near shore?

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 2:52 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Strat wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Honestly, you might be better off getting attacked by a giant shark. Quicker death.

are you sure about that? What if its SO BIG the beast just swallows you? Then you end up in the belly and drowned?

That is such an awful thought :lol:

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 2:53 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Holy Shit, the sasquatch fish just hit their boat

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 2:54 am 
Future Drummer

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Strat wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:
Honestly, you might be better off getting attacked by a giant shark. Quicker death.

are you sure about that? What if its SO BIG the beast just swallows you? Then you end up in the belly and drowned?

Easy. Have you ever seen Sharknado? He chainsawed his way out of the belly of the shark.

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 2:55 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Strat wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Strat wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Strat wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

So what are you saying here? Statistics? or have sharks learned that feeding is best when done near shore?

I really think they are getting closer to shore because they know people think bears are better predators, and they are trying to find those bears to set up a rumble

The people are just in the way

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 2:56 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Harry Lime wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Strat wrote:
cutuphalfdead wrote:

Easy. Have you ever seen Sharknado? He chainsawed his way out of the belly of the shark.

I've heard about it but not seen it, im gonna have to check it out

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 2:57 am 
Future Drummer

What is this shit?

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 3:03 am 
Future Drummer

Discovery just hit a new low.

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 3:11 am 
Technical Overlord

Guys, I'm currently at the beach. I just saw a shark so big, I mistook it for the ocean.

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 4:26 am 
Future Drummer

I can't find any evidence online of the April 5th, 2013 boat attack off of South Africa. People online are complaining that Discovery tried duping viewers into thinking everything was fact. Honestly, what the fuck? I don't even know if that Nazi photo is real.

Holy shit, Discovery. Really?

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 5:57 am 
NYUCK NYUCK NYUCK

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 11:39 am 
Mind Your Tanners

Harry Lime wrote:
I can't find any evidence online of the April 5th, 2013 boat attack off of South Africa. People online are complaining that Discovery tried duping viewers into thinking everything was fact. Honestly, what the fuck? I don't even know if that Nazi photo is real.

so was that supposed to be a movie then?

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 1:08 pm 
I've been POOSSTTIiiEEnngeeaahh

I haven't watched it yet but just the description sounds like a fake. Like the mermaid thing Animal Planet did. Very disappointing if that's the case.

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 1:14 pm 
Future Drummer

Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:

Like a mockumentary. Only they played it off like the people and the events were real. And why wouldn't people watching go in thinking it was legit? It's Shark Week. Usually they have good documentaries on sharks.

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 1:26 pm 
Mind Your Tanners

Harry Lime wrote:
Dr. Van Nostrand wrote:
Harry Lime wrote:

Like a mockumentary. Only they played it off like the people and the events were real. And why wouldn't people watching go in thinking it was legit? It's Shark Week. Usually they have good documentaries on sharks.

yeah, thats pretty dumb, if you are out of legit things to do for shark week, then stop doing shark week

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 1:26 pm 
Future Drummer

Shark Week's Facebook wall

dear shark week,
last night's programing was an abominable abortion that should have never ever hit my television screen under the moniker shark week. I am used to a quality and informative program about my favorite creatures on the planet. what you served up last night was pure dribble. I am utterly appalled. get some real scientists and shoot a real documentary.

Please apologize publicly for last night. I've been hyping Shark Week to my friends for the past week, now I'm embarrassed. Aren't you, Discovery?

Disgusted that you actually wasted funds to make that 'mockumentary' instead of putting it towards honest scientific shark research. These animals are in such danger because of us, and we owe it to them to learn about them in order to protect them. You ought to be ashamed.

Why not show sharknado while you are at it. You already ruined shark week. Just finish it off already.

Thank you Discovery Channel for ruining Shark Week! My 13 year old son (who wants to be a Marine Biologist no less!) is now questioning the validity of everything you show! Whoever ok'd the airing of the Megalodon "documentary" simply for the sake of ratings should be fired! We will not be tuning in for the rest of the week.

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 2:14 pm 
The Master

Yea thats sad :(

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 2:20 pm 
The Master

Also, what the hell was that talking dead like bullshit afterwards? Man alive.

PostPosted: Mon August 05, 2013 3:00 pm 
The Master

hilarious

All that said, Discovery is not likely to license “Sharknado” for showing on Shark Week.
“It’s kind of cheesy,” says Sorensen, in a tone suggesting he doesn’t mean that as an insult. “It would be a little off-brand for us."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... z2b6i8nIG9

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Word on the Street » Arts & Entertainment