Switch to full style
Books, movies, television...
Post a reply

TV: Halo (Paramount+)

Fri January 14, 2022 1:50 am

Cautiously optimistic about this. I’ve been hoping for something like this ever since that live action short was made a while back. Pablo Schrieber is Master Chief.

TV: Halo

Thu March 24, 2022 3:40 pm

New series out now on Paramount+. Decent start to the first episode so far. Hopefully it will be a good show.

Re: TV: Halo (Paramount+)

Thu March 24, 2022 5:44 pm

Combined this with the thread we already had

Thu March 24, 2022 5:46 pm

Of course. Couldn’t find the thread before.

I liked the first episode. Didn’t recognize much from the games, but I was entertained.

Thu March 24, 2022 7:08 pm

I liked it. The aliens look a little off, but I understand it is based on a video game.

Thu March 24, 2022 7:44 pm

One of the best game franchises in history, but:

https://www.cbr.com/halo-tv-series-creators-ignored-game/amp/

Halo showrunner Steven Kane revealed the creative team behind the upcoming Paramount+ series avoided looking at the video games that inspired it.

Fri March 25, 2022 6:29 pm

That’s fine. It’s kind of hard to follow the path of the games, and there’s a ton of lore in the books. I don’t mind them doing their own thing.

That being said, I don’t have Paramount+ and dont really want to sign up for another service.

Fri March 25, 2022 6:42 pm

They have some good stuff.

Fri March 25, 2022 7:10 pm

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/03/halo-series-steven-spielberg-heavily-involved-1234705026/amp/

Steven Spielberg Was Heavily Involved in ‘Halo’ Series: ‘Every Aspect, He Looked At’

Mon March 28, 2022 2:31 am

First episode was fine. I'm not hopeful for the series going forward but the episode did get better as it went along. Ultimately, though, that was a glorified video game cut scene in terms of the acting, cinematography, visual effects, and script. The chonky Sangheilis looked pretty bad.

Thu March 31, 2022 5:52 pm

I think i thought this was going to be filmed more in the style of Foundation but it’s more like Killjoys or Dark Matter

Fri April 01, 2022 4:27 am

I’m just mildly annoyed by this whole thing.

Shoulda cast Ron Perlman as Hood.

Fri April 01, 2022 12:32 pm

Ensign9 wrote:I’m just mildly annoyed by this whole thing.

lol mildly annoyed is a good description for me as well. Did you ever see that collection of shorts someone did years back on YouTube? I feel like that was better produced than this

Fri April 01, 2022 3:02 pm

E.H. Ruddock wrote:
Ensign9 wrote:I’m just mildly annoyed by this whole thing.

lol mildly annoyed is a good description for me as well. Did you ever see that collection of shorts someone did years back on YouTube? I feel like that was better produced than this

Those shorts were actually "official" (assuming you're referring to the short below). Landfall was essentially a test reel from when Neill Blomkamp was all teed up to direct a Peter Jackson-produced Halo movie. Unfortunately, it fell apart. Style is ultimately a personal preference but I think the shorts look better than this series.

Fri April 01, 2022 3:08 pm

That does look interesting.

Fri April 01, 2022 3:15 pm

Additional bit of trivia: when that Halo movie fell through, Blomkamp and Jackson pivoted to District 9. If you want to know what a Blomkamp-directed Halo movie would've looked like, look no further.

Fri April 01, 2022 3:20 pm

Yeah that was it. And it totally has the District 9 feel to it.

Sat April 16, 2022 5:24 am

At least they got Cortana right.

I wish Marty O’Donnell hadn’t torpedoed his career so he could have given this thing a decent score.

Wed April 20, 2022 4:47 am

Maybe I spoke too soon. Hire him now, 343 and CBS.

Last edited by Ensign9 on Wed April 20, 2022 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed April 20, 2022 4:59 am

And now they have Chief digging holes. This is terrible.
Post a reply